Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switch exchange

Options
  • 06-10-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I live in glen of the Downs (Wicklow) and am not able to get broadband on my phoneline which goes to Greystones exchange -  (I understand via Kilmacanogue possibly, which could take 10km or more).

My nearest 'live' cabinet is 1.7km away and the Kilmacanogue exchange is 3.7km away from my house.

Might it be possible for me to switch to the Kilmac exchange and would that be likely to get me anything? I get about 2Mbps on a dongle at the moment, on a good day - when the trees are bare of leaves!!.

My landline isn't currently with Eir, but is off contract, and I can move back if there is any hope.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

marcacup wrote: »
    I live in glen of the Downs (Wicklow) and am not able to get broadband on my phoneline which goes to Greystones exchange -  (I understand via Kilmacanogue possibly, which could take 10km or more).

My nearest 'live' cabinet is 1.7km away and the Kilmacanogue exchange is 3.7km away from my house.

Might it be possible for me to switch to the Kilmac exchange and would that be likely to get me anything? I get about 2Mbps on a dongle at the moment, on a good day - when the trees are bare of leaves!!.

My landline isn't currently with Eir, but is off contract, and I can move back if there is any hope.

Hi marcacup, 

I'm afraid this is not something we can organise for you. The infrastructure can't be changed. 

I'm sorry it wasn't better news :-( 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marcacup

Hi marcacup, 

I'm afraid this is not something we can organise for you. The infrastructure can't be changed. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for the reply Tracey.

I was told by one of your reps yesterday (at 1901) that If I re-contracted my landline with Eir they could then see if it is possible to switch me to the closer exchange to enable broadband and that if not possible I would be able to cancel my new contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

So are you saying for definite that that is not the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi marcacup, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for the reply Tracey.

I was told by one of your reps yesterday (at 1901) that If I re-contracted my landline with Eir they could then see if it is possible to switch me to the closer exchange to enable broadband and that if not possible I would be able to cancel my new contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

So are you saying for definite that that is not the case?
    Hi marcacup

I would like to assure you that an exchange change is not possible. Changing exchanges is not an option that eir can provider nor arrange. I'm very sorry to hear that you were told otherwise and I will ensure that the agents in 1901 are updated on this.

I'm sorry we can't offer you better news

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement