Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Another) H2B Visa Question

Options
  • 06-10-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been given a conditional contract to work in the USA for 9 months next year. My one regret last year while on a J1 was not taking time before working to do a bit of sight seeing. Can you enter a short while before your contract starts and do you have to leave the country immediately after finishing your work contract?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Guess: Enter on ESTA, but you need to re-enter to "activate" your H2B visa, they need to stamp/log the reason you're there on your i9.

Advice: ask the company who are sponsoring you (or wait for someone who knows!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

you're allowed to enter the US 30 days before the start of your visa for the IWT/Grad visa, so I'd presume the H2B is similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

blue-army wrote: »
    you're allowed to enter the US 30 days before the start of your visa for the IWT/Grad visa, so I'd presume the H2B is similar!

Fingers crossed coz that would be ideal!

Advertisement