Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 0x8007045D driving me nuts!!!

Options
  • 06-10-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi folks any advice on this would be great.

getting this error (which I've attached a screenshot of) every time I try to put something onto my mp3 player, I’ts a very basic, BUSH mp3, nothing fancy.

I've googled the error and haven't gotten any decent answers. There was one video seemed helpful but after trying the method which involved restarting in safe mode, unchecking third party USB start up devices in selective mode and re booting, well, it didn’t work.
    Any other videos seem useless trying to sell rubbish software, so if anyone can shed some light on this I’d appreciate it, as I want to update my MP3 player!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I think this points to near corrupt memory on the player. Normally its what happens when you get an I/O error.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭keyboardmouse

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Aw no, I had a feeling that might be the case. So you reckon the player is beyond fixing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Aw no, I had a feeling that might be the case. So you reckon the player is beyond fixing?

Have you ran "chkdsk <drive letter>: /r" ? Mind you, the fact that the filesystem is corrupt in the first place means it'll probably do it again.

I tried just now, typed CHKDSK E:/r in the start bar, it ran it but didnt give me a result as such. The black DOS box came up for a second, then went away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Run cmd from the start menu and type that command in, then it'll stay open to give you the info.

• Advertisement

Hi Ste-,

Thanks for that, did as you said and its just hanging at 0%

"Windows is verifying files and folders...
    0 percent completed..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I would try carry out the same copy operation from another laptop/PC and see if it brings up the same error.

I would try carry out the same copy operation from another laptop/PC and see if it brings up the same error.

Been there, done that, same stuff :confused:

i'm getting the feeling this isnt fixable!

Hi Ste-,

Thanks for that, did as you said and its just hanging at 0%

"Windows is verifying files and folders...
    0 percent completed..."

Looks like it's stuck in I/O. Not good, usually b0rk3d hardware.

What hardware?

• Advertisement

What hardware?

At an educated guess, I should say the hardware in the music player.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Looks like it's stuck in I/O. Not good, usually b0rk3d hardware.

No, I mean you said "b0rk3d hardware" no idea what b0rk3d is

No, I mean you said "b0rk3d hardware" no idea what b0rk3d is

Oh, sorry! It's Nerdspeak for "broken"! :pac::pac::pac:

Ah I see! :) Broken eh? Serves me right for buying a cheap ass piece of crap! Only have it a few months!

I've tried formatting the thing and it won't even do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As per http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/error-0x8007045d-io-device-error-when-try-to-copy/c77b9ccc-221b-4532-94b4-3e21a611d0e9 what file format is the drive in? NTFS, FAT32, etc?

Also, does Bush have it's own software that you need to use to format the device?

Advertisement