Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PS4 Community

• 06-10-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hey,

Was just wondering, now that communities can be set up on PS4, would it be an idea to set up a community for Boards.ie members?

Would be handy for gaming sessions etc

Just a thought...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There was one for the 3.00 beta but it seems to be gone now. Would be a good idea alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

There was one for the 3.00 beta but it seems to be gone now. Would be a good idea alright.

Just checked the option to create is there alright under friends list.

If theres enough interest I will go ahead and create it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Just checked the option to create is there alright under friends list.

If theres enough interest I will go ahead and create it :)

Do it, do it, do it

Ok Ive set it up :D

Community name is : Boards.ie Ireland

Im not sure if you can search for it but if not you can find it under my psn name: Gamer7746

Hopefully we can make good use of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ok Ive set it up :D

Community name is : Boards.ie Ireland

Im not sure if you can search for it but if not you can find it under my psn name: Gamer7746

Hopefully we can make good use of it :)

We have a Destiny one setup for the Boards Clan, only really started properly today, I will add myself to this one also... :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    We have a Destiny one setup for the Boards Clan, only really started properly today, I will add myself to this one also... :)

Cool cheers!, yeah I was thinking of just having a community for games in general :)

Thanks just joined. Shame there is no easy way to search for communities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thanks just joined. Shame there is no easy way to search for communities.

How do you search for them? Website?

EoinHef wrote: »
    How do you search for them? Website?

Search for my or Gamer7746 user id . select us and you can see what communities we are joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Search for my or Gamer7746 user id . select us and you can see what communities we are joined.

That doesn't work on the app or I can't see how to do it.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    That doesn't work on the app or I can't see how to do it.

Dont think the app has any views on communites yet. It needs to be done on the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great idea, will definitely join up when I get home at some stage in the next few days.

Great idea, will definitely join up when I get home at some stage in the next few days.

Cool cheers!

If anyone is looking for people to play MP with them on any game just post here or on the wall for the community.

Personally I like Dead Nation, Resogun. I was gonna pick up fifa but had no one to play online with..

Hoping we could get a good team together for Stars Wars Battlefront, does anyone know if we will be able to create parties for the beta? Because it would be cool if we could play uncharted 4 MP beta too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just joined up there, great idea. Feel free to add me on PSN.

Can't believe they thought up the idea of communities and they said let's not add a search function because why would the want that...

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just joined up there, great idea. Feel free to add me on PSN.

Can't believe they thought up the idea of communities and they said let's not add a search function because why would the want that...

Ya, it's bare bones to say the least at the moment.
    A web or mobile version would be very useful. No one turns on their PS4 to be reading community messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ya, it's bare bones to say the least at the moment.
    A web or mobile version would be very useful. No one turns on their PS4 to be reading community messages.

Don't worry, I mailed the app developers about it yesterday, I won't hold my breath! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Joined!!!

Ok Im gonna download battlefront later if anyones interested in a game later. Just want to finish Until Dawn and start Uncharted awhile :D

Downloading it there myself,gonna give it a bash in the morning after work. Dam night work and its unsocial hours:(

Ill be on over the weekend though and if anyone sees me playing a game they fancy just join or send me a message and ill invite. Not gonna lie its mostly gonna be warframe but ill be giving battlefront a reasonable outing as well:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is Battlefront a free beta to all or do you need a code?

Downloading it there myself,gonna give it a bash in the morning after work. Dam night work and its unsocial hours:(

Ill be on over the weekend though and if anyone sees me playing a game they fancy just join or send me a message and ill invite. Not gonna lie its mostly gonna be warframe but ill be giving battlefront a reasonable outing as well:)

I should be online tomorrow morning for battlefront aswell. I had downloaded warframe but had to delete it cos I have no more space on my hdd but have ordered 2tb drive today so should get to warframe when I have that installed and good to go :D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is Battlefront a free beta to all or do you need a code?

Free to all as far as I know

I should be online tomorrow morning for battlefront aswell. I had downloaded warframe but had to delete it cos I have no more space on my hdd but have ordered 2tb drive today so should get to warframe when I have that installed and good to go :D

Just installed a 2tb drive there a few weeks ago,the extra space is great,well worth the money:)

Ill be on about 6am so if your on catch ye then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Cool cheers!, yeah I was thinking of just having a community for games in general :)

I set up a generic one for Irish gamers, it's "Irish Gamers Community"

Find it under my PSNid BordorFox

All are welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just joined up.

How can we set up a community game session?

There is a tab for one on the community page but there is never any sessions available. As most of us are just in the community and not "friends" on PSN there no way to join each others games or even see what others are playing from what i can see. If someone knows how to that please share that info.

I wouldnt mind setting up a session for warframe,as its what im currently playing. And as its the type of game you can jump in and out of i wouldnt mind people joining a session im in and vice versa for games other people are playing,the battlefront beta being a good example. But im unsure how to go about that,would everyone need to be friends on PSN?

How can we set up a community game session?

There is a tab for one on the community page but there is never any sessions available. As most of us are just in the community and not "friends" on PSN there no way to join each others games or even see what others are playing from what i can see. If someone knows how to that please share that info.

I wouldnt mind setting up a session for warframe,as its what im currently playing. And as its the type of game you can jump in and out of i wouldnt mind people joining a session im in and vice versa for games other people are playing,the battlefront beta being a good example. But im unsure how to go about that,would everyone need to be friends on PSN?

I havent done it myself yet but as far as I can see on the community page select "create a party for community members" this will be added to the "now playing tab" and players can join the party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Does anyone actually use this? Hasn't been any posts on it apart from mine two days ago.

• Advertisement

I only learned last night about setting up community parties,before that i couldnt see how it would work.

So from now on when im available to play im gonna post a quick message on the front page of what im playing and then anybody can join by using the "Now playing" tab and joiningy party.

Advertisement