Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering wheel tilt covered by Kia warranty?

Options
  • 06-10-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks
    recently got a 2009 Kia C'eed with 115000km on clock so still inn warranty. have noticed the steering wheel pulls slightly to the left and and I can feel a bit of a judder when going over bumpy roads in 1st and 2nd gear (ie low speed). I know going over a bumpy road will judder :rolleyes: but this feels more so than in my octavia.
    Just wondering if this would be covered by kia warranty and if not im guessing Im better off going to a "normal" mechanic for a service rather than the kia guys? My experience of brand garages (not naming any Skoda garages at ALL ;)) is they are an expensive rip off.
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Pulling slightly is more than likely a tracking issue. Not covered.

Judder over bumps sounds like wear somewhere in the steering/suspension. Again not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pulling to left is a common issue with many reasons, from tyre pressure to linkage or suspension problems.
    You can always take it back and have one of their mechs have a look.

Advertisement