Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply for visa or use ESTA?

Options
  • 06-10-2015 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,

Basically I'm unsure do I need a visa to enter the U.S. or will I be covered with ESTA.
    In 2013 I was brought to court for driving without a valid NCT, pleaded guilty and was fined 50 euro. As I have been convicted of a crime, no matter how minor do I need to go through the whole visa application process ect? I have looked up people who have been in similar circumstances but the answers have been quite vague.
    I'm also aware of moral turpitude and that my conviction doesn't fall under this category but still unsure how to proceed.
    Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

You Should use the ESTA visa Waiver, driving without an NCT is not a Criminal matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AdiDashery

You Should use the ESTA visa Waiver, driving without an NCT is not a Criminal matter.

Thanks for your reply.
    It may not be a "criminal" matter per se, but it is an offence under the road traffic act.
    I'm just cautious of entering on the ESTA and then having difficulties upon entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

AdiDashery wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.
    It may not be a "criminal" matter per se, but it is an offence under the road traffic act.
    I'm just cautious of entering on the ESTA and then having difficulties upon entry!

You won't have any problems, its ot a criminal matter and as you point out there is no question of Moral turpitude so there is no issue. The INS will not be interests in your traffic record, their only concern will be the purpose and duration of visit and that you have been truthful about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

It isn't a crime of Moral Turpitude so you are fine - just don't mention is.

They are more worried about drug dealers, murderers etc than people that let some bureaucracy slide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AdiDashery

Appreciate the responses folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement