Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This browser does not support video playback

Options
  • 06-10-2015 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Using latest Firefox 41.0.1. Trying to play the Twitter videos on this page, for example, I get the message "This browser does not support video playback". No problems on youtube.com.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Anyone play these videos in Firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

eman66 wrote: »
    Using latest Firefox 41.0.1. Trying to play the Twitter videos on this page, for example, I get the message "This browser does not support video playback". No problems on youtube.com.

Is it a work pc or a personal pc? If it's work could be that twitter, facebook etc are blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I got the same problem, has something to do with outdated flash. I cant fix it as my mac is old and flash no longer has updates for it, but can still get to see the videos with chrome

So, try update flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

It's my home PC. Have the latest Firefox and the latest Flash. You would think two of the biggest internet technologies would work together. Doesn't work on breakingnews.ie either.

The flash test page works fine:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Check your Firefox add-ons, could you have something that spoofs the user agent and tricks websites into thinking it's a different browser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

eman66 wrote: »
    It's my home PC. Have the latest Firefox and the latest Flash. You would think two of the biggest internet technologies would work together. Doesn't work on breakingnews.ie either.

The flash test page works fine:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

It might be something to do with your browser defaulting to using HTML5 instead of Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 J0nney

The video codec is not supported by the operating system and the browser.

If you have Windows XP and firefox you will get this problem trying to play twitter videos and others.

One solution is to install Google Chrome, another would be to upgrade your Windows. Firefox plugins or 3rd party codecs will not fix the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Install chrome it,ll have the latest version of flash .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 J0nney

The problem has nothing to do with the version of Flash being used. The problem is the missing codec h264. Google Chrome has codec h264 which is required to play most of Twitter videos. Flash is not the problem, the problem is that Windows XP and Firefox do not have this codec built in and will not play h264 videos over the internet even if you have the latest Flash.

If you have Windows XP then install Chrome to support playing these h264 videos over the internet or install a Windows that supports h264.

Basically Firefox is the problem, but they would not agree. They are not going to directly support h264 just because the unsupported old Windows XP doesnt have it.

Advertisement