Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want a €700 Gaming PC.

Options
  • 06-10-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So I am looking to get a gaming pc worth around the €700 euro mark.

1. What is your budget? €700

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Light enough gaming at the start but plan to play newer games eventually. But for now CSGO etc.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No] Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility) No

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No] No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] Wireless card. And a keyboard and mouse if budget allows it

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No] No

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] Credit card, debit card

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days] ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 4460 €175
    B85M board €50
    8gb RAM €40
    Case €40
    120gb SSD €60
    1tb HDD €50
    400w PSU €50
    GTX960 €200
    Total €660

Windows is €20
    Get homeplugs for internet €40

Prices from mind factory.de

Any questions ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LWGDion

Wow thanks for the help digital. It seems to be a pretty good build you gave me. Thanks a million.
    I will come back to you if I need any further help

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LWGDion

Would an i3 4160 be good to use aswell. As I am thinking of using that just to save a bit of money for now and upgrade when it is needed. Is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah itd be sound, I've a few benches of an i3 vs i5 in the Off Topic on this forum

Advertisement