Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5110. Buyer beware

Options
  • 06-10-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

Some of you as old as myself probably remember 1998/9 opening up your Nokia 5110 for the first time. I had at least 6 back in the late 90s-early 2000s. Going from TACS to GSM back then was the equivalent of going from a Nokia N95 to a s6/6s today.

These phones will (if not already) go down in history as the best/most reliable phones ever built.

They have become very collectible in the past 5 years. €20-50, the price hasn't changed much but there is a number of sellers on eBay selling what they claim to be new/unused Nokia 5110's for over €100 with slim matt finish batteries

These phones are not original. The Nokia 5110 used the same type of battery as the 6150/6210/6310i but it was a silky fatter battery.

See http://nokians.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Nokia-5110.jpg

I suspect most of these "new phones" have just got new express on covers fitted, new/used 6310i batteries and are really second hand.

Buyer beware.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

These would sell by the bucket load if brought back in original state,still have my stored away..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

They have become very collectible in the past 5 years. €20-50, the price hasn't changed much but there is a number of sellers on eBay...
    Well there's your problem

Advertisement