Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price increase???

Options
  • 06-10-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Has the Eir rebranding seen a price increase from €53 to €62 for standard Fibre?

That is a huge increase for the exact same service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

griffzinho wrote: »
    Has the Eir rebranding seen a price increase from €53 to €62 for standard Fibre?

That is a huge increase for the exact same service.
    Hi griffzinho

There is always a price change in respect of bundles and price promotions however there has been no increase to existing customer. no increase to line rental or broadband sold separately. There has also been no increase to price of calls per minute.

The changes to the bundle prices and discounts are not a result of the eir rebranding.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

What happens to prices for current customers when our contract is up?

Ireland already had the highest broadband prices in the EU before this increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi griffzhino, 

When your contract is up you would be put on a different pricing plan as your existing package will not exist. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

That's a stealthy increase as I said originally. 

€62/month for broadband is an absolute disgrace. Highest is EU by a mile.

Eir is worse than Eircom. So much for a new beginning. 

Shocking. 

Comreg is also a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

That's a stealthy increase as I said originally. 

€62/month for broadband is an absolute disgrace. Highest is EU by a mile.

Eir is worse than Eircom. So much for a new beginning. 

Shocking. 

Comreg is also a joke.
    Hi griffzinho

As Tracey said, it's when the contract is up and at that stage you have the choice to accept or not - there is nobody forcing people in to prices they do not want to pay and choice free/will is always available to utilise.

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi griffzinho

As Tracey said, it's when the contract is up and at that stage you have the choice to accept or not - there is nobody forcing people in to prices they do not want to pay and choice free/will is always available to utilise.

Al

So much for customer service,I'm on the same boat re contract. That answer is basically like it or lump it. Please!

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi griffzinho

Al

So much for customer service,I'm on the same boat re contract. That answer is basically like it or lump it. Please!
    Hi major deegan

It's also worth noting that when a contract is up there is an automatic entitlement to recontract with a dicount/ another promotional rate.

Thanks
    Al

To Alan...

There is the exact attitude that has seen your company go bankrupt so many times. Free will?? Are you actually serious? Great argument:( .

Let's get something straight. It is this lack of customer centric focus that has seen Eircom being a consistent failure. I genuinely hoped the Eir rebranding might be a new start for Irelands worst performing company of the last 15 years.  

Also can we also establish that we don't have free will as Eircom are the incumbent operator and control the local backhaul and exchanges. (due to having a state monopoly for generations) For rural customers it is our only choice as Sky/Vodafone are wholsesale customers of yours.  

Price gouging whilst hiding behind a rebranding is totally gutless.

Our prices for relatively poor broadband speeds are totally out of whack with EU averages. €50 - €63/month is totally disproportionate and just plain greedy. It will come back to bite the company.

How long to the next bailout? Debt write off? 

To Alan...

There is the exact attitude that has seen your company go bankrupt so many times. Free will?? Are you actually serious? Great argument:( .

Let's get something straight. It is this lack of customer centric focus that has seen Eircom being a consistent failure. I genuinely hoped the Eir rebranding might be a new start for Irelands worst performing company of the last 15 years.  

Also can we also establish that we don't have free will as Eircom are the incumbent operator and control the local backhaul and exchanges. (due to having a state monopoly for generations) For rural customers it is our only choice as Sky/Vodafone are wholsesale customers of yours.  

Price gouging whilst hiding behind a rebranding is totally gutless.

Our prices for relatively poor broadband speeds are totally out of whack with EU averages. €50 - €63/month is totally disproportionate and just plain greedy. It will come back to bite the company.

How long to the next bailout? Debt write off? 
    Hi griffzinho

I understated your views on this and I will ensure your feedback reaches our operations team.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement