Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

“Anti-male” activist faces court in UK

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All this reminds me, I mustafa poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

zeffabelli wrote: »
    Listen, do you understand the difference between killing and murder? You are using legal terminology. That's right yeah, Im a fan of mass murder. Ok if you want to debate at that level find someone who is willing to play in the kiddie pool with you. Because that kind of debate is beneath me I am afraid.

Now, now, those in glass houses:
    If you want a worthwhile cause, maybe take up with the Che Guevara festivals they have in Killkee.

Trying to claim a moral high ground after harping on about Che Guevara is pretty rich there, especially seeing as I was directly replying to the post in question. If you want me to show you some respect, then maybe just maybe, don't come out with that Che crap then. Just a suggestion.
    Clearly you're reading comprehension makes this discussion impossible. You post a dubious article from Irish central.

Dubious according to you.
    So tell me how he killed 3 million people with the technology he had available?

Genocide in Rwanda was committed with Machettes. So the entire notion that modern technology is needed is nonsense.
    Also saying to me "you are no better...than" you have now decided to take a morally superior stance over me... you have no place to take such a position and you are out of line.

I can most certainly take that position. I am not the one making excuses for a mass murderer, and attempting to claim that he is solely responsible for all our modern technology and then spouting out nonsense about Che Guevara, and then complaining when I dare treat you in the same manner as you have me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Delighted that these charges were dropped, with the caveat that I'll be seriously, seriously outraged if any case with the genders reversed fails to meet the same outcome. Criminal charges against people for being offensive are f*cking moronic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Delighted that these charges were dropped, with the caveat that I'll be seriously, seriously outraged if any case with the genders reversed fails to meet the same outcome. Criminal charges against people for being offensive are f*cking moronic.

While I agree, equally ridiculous stuff has gone to court in the UK before being thrown out which is a very different thing to the DPP dropping it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

wes wrote: »
    Genocide in Rwanda was committed with Machettes. So the entire notion that modern technology is needed is nonsense.

but Rwanda has a population of millions, its one of the most density populated counties in Africa

when Columbus and the Spanish arrived in the new world the population was a small fraction of what it is today, its true that they killed plenty of people but the numbers being claimed for Columbus are a bit much IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

nokia69 wrote: »
    when Columbus and the Spanish arrived in the new world the population was a small fraction of what it is today, its true that they killed plenty of people but the numbers being claimed for Columbus are a bit much IMO

But Columbus was a "western imperialist" so he's irredeemably bad, well according to some types who frequent these boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Bahar Mustafa is in the news again.

Pamela Geller, the strongly anti-Islam writer from the US, claims an email was sent her from the account 'bahar.mustafa@goldsmithssu.org' which contained the following message.

'You deserve to be raped in every hole by hordes of muslims, slapping and choking you, spitting in your mouth and pissing in ya face'.

The Union at Goldsmith University is claiming the email not sent by Mustafa, and that

“Anyone who checks the note at the bottom of the email will see that this has come via InstaEmail, which uses an open-field “from” text input, allowing anyone to give the impression that they are somebody else.”

What do you think? Is the email an obvious forgery?

https://twitter.com/markhumphrys/status/669645165875830784

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

It's either a fake or she decided to send an email through it while ignoring the main benefit of not having to give her real address.

The first is probably more likely, if she wasn't concerned about he identity being known she would have just sent the email from her account. Not even sure how this manages to get into the news.

Advertisement