Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing Situation

Options
  • 06-10-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I moved into a shared house about two weeks ago. I noticed one of the other tenants girlfriends was around a lot so I asked what the story was with her. It turns out she moved in a month ago. This wasn't mentioned at all during the viewings and I still wouldn't have been informed only I asked. For my own reasons, I don't want to live with a couple and would never have taken the place had I known. The landlord isn't aware either as far as I know. Do I have any rights as the place was misrepresented to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You have the right to move out, nothing else will be worth the hassle. Unless you go down the road of getting the couple kicked out (can't see that being easy) then you won't be happy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RainSounds wrote: »
    The landlord isn't aware either as far as I know. Do I have any rights as the place was misrepresented to me?
    Maybe say that you thought the house was X people, but as it's X+1 amount of people, that the landlord falsely informed you, and see can you break the lease because of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Run! I was lied to by a pair I moved in with being a couple years ago and the woman in particular turned out to be one of the nastiest pieces of work I've ever met. If they're dishonest from the start it's only going to go downhill from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Can I asked if she is taking her fair share of the rent and bills? I understand maybe it should not be divided evenly as they are only taking one room but it is an extra person to share common living room/kitchen with and consumption of electricity/water/heating etc. I would personally feel ripped off if I’m subsidizing his girlfriend.

Also as someone has said, it’s dishonest from the start. It’s a stealth move and frankly IMHO is disrespectful, arrogant and selfish. I wouldn’t be happy with.

Advertisement