Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Claims within 3 months of renewal

• 07-10-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help. I went through my parents medical receipts over the last 12 months and helped them send in the relevant documentation to the VHI.

The problem is that I noticed their policy renewal period is May - May and from what I've read there's a 3 month limit from renewal as regards claims.

Being that we're 2 months outside of that limit is there a likelihood that the VHI will refuse the refund? I've read numerous threads but some say no problem and others say it's being strictly enforced.

I helped the father put together a cover letter explaining that there were issues getting a hold of some receipts which caused the delay. Half of them, actually..!

Thank you for reading and again hoping you can help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

They'll most likely decline the claim at first, but if you pursue it hard enough it'll be paid eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bobbles Smobbles

Speaking as someone who actually works for the company.

VHI have this stated all on claim forms and in the terms and conditions in the hospitals rules book, but it's not a rule that is currently in force.

This claim will be put through and assessed as normal providing they have reached their plan excess.

Just on a side note they allow members to go back two years with their receipts to their renewal date in 2013.

The claim will be assessed within 10 working days and they will receive payment then via their elected reimpurement method.

Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Thank you for the replies.
    Hope this helps! :)

Bobbles you're a lifesaver. The claim is for about 350 (600 - 250 excess) and the parents could really use it.

I hope it's you that gets the claim! And I promise it's laid out properly with a full letter explaining the situation (even typed out the IBAN and IBIC just in case the handwriting is illegible) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bobbles Smobbles

FGR wrote: »
    Thank you for the replies.

Bobbles you're a lifesaver. The claim is for about 350 (600 - 250 excess) and the parents could really use it.

I hope it's you that gets the claim! And I promise it's laid out properly with a full letter explaining the situation (even typed out the IBAN and IBIC just in case the handwriting is illegible) :)

Haha in the event it does get to me...I will ensure its done properly!! ðŸ˜႒

I'm sure the handwriting is lovely...I can't even read my own sometimes 😊

That's should be fine as I said 10 working days at most but being in reality it will be a lot faster

Happy to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Haha in the event it does get to me...I will ensure its done properly!! ðŸ˜႒

I'm sure the handwriting is lovely...I can't even read my own sometimes 😊

That's should be fine as I said 10 working days at most but being in reality it will be a lot faster

Happy to help.

Hi Bobbles!

Thanks again for your help. Hope you can help me some more.

My father received his statement today stating that he couldnt claim for more than literally one consultant visit. The problem is that the majority of the claim during the year is consultants visits. So they only gave them 60 euros which isn't anywhere near the excess - hence no claim.

Is it really the case that the One Start Plan only covers one consultant visit per year? Even Laya's website says that the the One Start Plan with VHI covers 60 euros per consultant visit and no mention of only 1 visit per year.

Naturally they're puzzled as one visit per year doesn't help. All of the other visits are listed as 'Annual visits limit exceeded'.

Thanks again and hope you can help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement