Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway for the weekend

Options
  • 07-10-2015 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Going to galway on Friday for 3 nights with the other half.. Can anyone recommend me nice places to eat and good pubs to watch sport..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Food: McGettigans (sport too), Asian Tea House, Thai Garden, McSwiggans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

An Púcún on Forster Street for both.

McTigs' post on the Loam thread is a good overview of the best eating places...
    McTigs wrote: »
    Places that are great to go to as a group (Cava, Lunares, Rouge, Raw,Asian Tea House), places that a great as a couple (Kai, Loam, Black cat, Dela), casual pub places (An Pucan etc).... gourmet places and places that will stuff you to the gills, upper end places and cheap and cheerful places(Bite Club, Hooked on Henry Street). We are spoiled for choice and I only wish i had the financial resources to get to more of them more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Breakfast in the Cellar bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Upstairs in McSwiggans for good food. There's a bar on ground floor for sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Food: McSwiggans, Pucan, Dáil and Blakes
    Pub for sport: Pucan and Dáil Bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Thanks.. Have to say its a great city total different buzz to Dublin.

Advertisement