Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online - Opinions?

Options
  • 07-10-2015 10:29am

I'm toying with the idea of getting Elder Scrolls Online for the PS4. Has anyone played it? What are your opinions on it? I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan, well.. of Oblivion and Skyrim and have invested hundreds of hours into both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psyconia

I bought it as I enjoyed Oblivion & Skyrim but this is a very different experience. No real storyline or depth. The quests are boring. Graphics are worse than PS3 Skyrim....

That said, if yer into online gaming perhaps you'd like it but I am not.

Yeah it's a completely different game to any of the previous Elder Scrolls game so I wouldn't go in expecting anything like SKyrim or Oblivion. That said though I liked it alot, if you like online gaming as psyconia says then you will enjoy it.
    But you can also ponder on alone and do your own thing.

I've never played an MMO before this one so have no experience it that area but this is a good game in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I bought it last week on offer for 50 bucks - really enjoying it, like mentioned above the graphics don't compare to oblivion or Skyrim - and it's not as deep in terms of story and immersion but I really like the character levelling, feels like my character is unique to me.

I'm playing it solo so far and to be honest it kinda reminds me of Morrowind. So if you can get past the regression to more repetitive generic quests but like collecting and upgrading you'll probably like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I started playing this yesterday morning and spent most of the day at it. It's a bit of a step back from Skyrim. I've been playing The Witcher 3 for the last few weeks and it's miles ahead of Elder Scrolls.

How come I can't fight other players? I thought that would be the whole point of it. It's annoying that I can't switch weapons in the middle of a fight too.

RonanP77 wrote: »
    How come I can't fight other players? I thought that would be the whole point of it. It's annoying that I can't switch weapons in the middle of a fight too.

You can fight other players once you level up to (15 I think) and then you can go to Cyrodiil to fight other players. You just can't fight members of your own faction.

You also unlock the ability to weapon swap, but I can't remember which level (maybe 10?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

You can fight other players once you level up to (15 I think) and then you can go to Cyrodiil to fight other players. You just can't fight members of your own faction.

You also unlock the ability to weapon swap, but I can't remember which level (maybe 10?)

That's good, I'm only level 7 so far. It's not a bad game, just not exactly what I expected. The only online gaming I've done before was GTA V and it's pretty much everyone slaughtering each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I bought it.

I find it is cool being able to go to different locations around Nirn and all that, but find combat is so repetitive and boring.

I also hate the leveling of weapons, I spent ages going from stonewall camp(i think) to Skyrim to check the place out, I was level 9 and everyone there was level 40+. all weapons had serious stats on them but I could not buy any due to needing to be level 30+ myself to use them.

I also find the amount of quests is a bit mad, considering the mapping is hard to work out when following quests.

Overall the game is alright, but looking forward to fallout 4 to keep me busy until new elders scrolls games come out.

Advertisement