Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 in one with Virgin, when is a good time?

• 07-10-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking about getting phone/internet and TV with Virgin ( UPC ), I am a current UPC/Virgin customer for TV and eircom for phone.
    Does anyone know if/when virgin will supply new boxes - I don’t want to upgrade and end up with an old crappy box.

Just looking for any advice, or peoples experience, I know the virgin thing is very new, but perhaps someone has done what I am thinking of doing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Word on the ground is that Virgin will be sticking with the Horizon platform, the EPG will just be reskinned in the near future. So if you go for a triple-play with them now you'll get the same Horizon box.

Are you just a standard analogue customer at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jogdish

we have the digital value pack, so the standard channels + HD free ones. Current box is fine and so is the remote, records fine too.
    But the though of switching to a new box that also controls the internet just makes me worried ( re: hassle, and re educating all the house on how to "solve" problems ), but eircom+upc is more expensive than triple upc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Anyone know when Virgin might release some introductory offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Myou don't have to get horizon, there are packages that have all 3 services with a modem and without horizon.

Thanks for all the replies, would anyone be able to post or link to what this Horizon menu is like ? I have just heard so many things about it I would like to see how its menu works but cannot seem to see anything online.

• Advertisement

Best thing would be to go into somewhere like arnotts or carphone warehouse, or the upc shop, currys etc where you can actually try the box out in person.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Best thing would be to go into somewhere like arnotts or carphone warehouse, or the upc shop, currys etc where you can actually try the box out in person.

The UPC shop ? where do you find that ? I have never seen a UPC box in the wild. Only ever seen the sky one locked behind glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

jogdish wrote: »
    The UPC shop ? where do you find that ? I have never seen a UPC box in the wild. Only ever seen the sky one locked behind glass.

There is a upc store just opened in cruises street in Limerick not sure about anywhere else but before that some carphone warehouse stores actually had the horizon boxes Im sure that will change now with the id network coming into play.....

jogdish wrote: »

There's only 2. One in Limerick, and one in dubland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There's only 2. One in Limerick, and one in dubland.

and Cork on Oliver Plunkett Street....

There store locator can be found here https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/store-locator/

• Advertisement
Advertisement