Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 16 Career Mode

Options
  • 07-10-2015 11:52am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thread for all discussion around career mode - tips, players etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Luuk de Jong from Ajax is a quality striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

For whatever reason, the last week I've really wanted to take a team through the seasons in career mode. It never really had much of an appeal for me before, but all of a sudden it's the only mode I want to play.

I did a trial run last night with no signings made for Norwich on Legendary, and went W2,D3,L3. Fairly realistic. As I adapt to the game itself and the difficulty of the gamemode, I would hope to see improvement over the seasons.

So I was thinking over some teams and eventually, due to the current state of the team, I chose Sunderland as my project.

I will post regularly to help people get a grasp of the game mode. I'll include how training worked for me, signings, players sold, youth teams, formations etc.

I will hopefully go through 5 game years, with the aim of breaking into the top 4.

TEAM : Sunderland
    DIFFICULTY : Legendary
    SIMULATION RULES : Only pre-season tournament games can be simulated. Everything else must be played
    HALF LENGTH : 5 minutes

Team Evaluation : So basically the team is completely ill equipped to avoid relegation on this difficulty, for me at least. I will be using a 4-2-3-1 (2) to start anyway - the one with the 2xDM, CAM, LM and RM.

--- Keeper - Pantilimon(76) is lower than I would like - Ideally I would have a 79+ rated keeper, but a goalkeeper is very low on my list of priorities.

--- Defense - Van Aanholt(74) at left back and Kaboul(79) at Centre Back are good enough. A new centre back and right back are required.

--- Midfield - Lens(79) at LM/RM and M'Vila(78) (who is only on loan) are the only two who meet my standards. Jack Rodwell might end up playing depending on whether or not I sort out that position.

--- Forward - Terrible options. Bunch of average players who don't excel in any way.

My budget is around 30 million. At the moment my biggest priority is in order -
    1. High Physical stat Striker to hold up the ball. Under 10 mill cost.
    2. Playmaker with decent stamina (Lallana is ideal but costs too much). Under 10 mill cost.
    3. Fast tricky player - Have my own preference for Sadio Mane here - Under 10 mill cost.
    For the other players I will raise funds through the sale of squad members. Hopefully I can use some unwanted players in part exchange deals.

If anybody knows any player who fits one of the 3 criteria I have listed above, then please let me know. I'll update a few times over the season. Think this post format might generate a bit of interest in career mode and we can start helping each other!

Mokuba wrote: »
    For whatever reason, the last week I've really wanted to take a team through the seasons in career mode. It never really had much of an appeal for me before, but all of a sudden it's the only mode I want to play.

I did a trial run last night with no signings made for Norwich on Legendary, and went W2,D3,L3. Fairly realistic. As I adapt to the game itself and the difficulty of the gamemode, I would hope to see improvement over the seasons.

So I was thinking over some teams and eventually, due to the current state of the team, I chose Sunderland as my project.

I will post regularly to help people get a grasp of the game mode. I'll include how training worked for me, signings, players sold, youth teams, formations etc.

I will hopefully go through 5 game years, with the aim of breaking into the top 4.

SIMULATION RULES : Only pre-season tournament games can be simulated. Everything else must be played

Team Evaluation : So basically the team is completely ill equipped to avoid relegation on this difficulty, for me at least. I will be using a 4-2-3-1 (2) to start anyway - the one with the 2xDM, CAM, LM and RM.

--- Keeper - Pantilimon(76) is lower than I would like - Ideally I would have a 79+ rated keeper, but a goalkeeper is very low on my list of priorities.

--- Defense - Van Aanholt(74) at left back and Kaboul(79) at Centre Back are good enough. A new centre back and right back are required.

--- Midfield - Lens(79) at LM/RM and M'Vila(78) (who is only on loan) are the only two who meet my standards. Jack Rodwell might end up playing depending on whether or not I sort out that position.

--- Forward - Terrible options. Bunch of average players who don't excel in any way.

2. Playmaker with decent stamina (Lallana is ideal but costs too much). Under 10 mill cost.
    3. Fast tricky player - Have my own preference for Sadio Mane here - Under 10 mill cost.
    For the other players I will raise funds through the sale of squad members. Hopefully I can use some unwanted players in part exchange deals.

If anybody knows any player who fits one of the 3 criteria I have listed above, then please let me know. I'll update a few times over the season. Think this post format might generate a bit of interest in career mode and we can start helping each other!

My boy De Jong

http://www.futhead.com/16/players/573/luuk-de-jong/

Keep updating on your story, really love reading them and keep us updated if you sign any low cost gems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Joaozinho from the Russian league is a beast of a winger and has a great resale after a season...should fit the fast trick bracket nicely

Toobz wrote: »
    Joaozinho from the Russian league is a beast of a winger and has a great resale after a season...should fit the fast trick bracket nicely

I'll check him out! The Russian league really is a goldmine for players to build a team around.

• Advertisement

Transfers in :
    Embolo (Basel, ST)
    Mané (Southampton, CF/RM/LM)
    Besic (Everton, CM/DM/CB)
    Shelvey (Swansea, CAM/CM/DM)
    Wilson (Bournemouth, CF/ST)

Transfers Out : Defoe, Fletcher, Graham, Brown, Jones, Gomez, Mavrias

Lost in the final of my pre-season tournament, which I simmed. Gave a bump of 2.5m or so to the budget.

League campaign started against Leicester (A) (1-0) - Embolo scored on his debut after a gift from Schmeichel. Next up was Norwich (H) (1-1) - Went behind early, but equalised in the 2nd half through a Mané header at a corner. Swansea (H) (1-0) - Callum Wilson came off the bench to score the winner in the 90th minute. Port Vale (H, LC) (2-0 AET) - Missed a glut of chances in 90 minutes, they then tired out, went down to 10 men after a red, and it should have been more. Larsson and Mané scored in extra time to send us through. Villa (A) (1-0)- Even game decided in the last seconds when Jonjo Shelvey scored after Mane had his shot parried. That brings up to Sept 1st.

I've recruited a scout and he is currently scouting in England - no reports yet. I was awarded with Manager of the Month for my efforts. Got lucky with 2 last minute goals being the difference between having 10 points and 6 points.

As for suggestions - De Jong's lack of pace turned me off him, but Joaozinho was a real possibility only for his cost being more than Manés, despite Mané being 5 years younger and having the same OVR.

Happy with my squad now, good foundation for the future. Simming through training but if anybody knows the best drills then I'd love to hear it. Legendary is manageable for me at the moment but my formation definitely helps - Considering how hard it is to score on Legendary, the best chance IMO is to be tight at the back and try to grab a goal at the other end, using your pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Transfers in :
    Embolo (Basel, ST)
    Mané (Southampton, CF/RM/LM)
    Besic (Everton, CM/DM/CB)
    Shelvey (Swansea, CAM/CM/DM)
    Wilson (Bournemouth, CF/ST)

Transfers Out : Defoe, Fletcher, Graham, Brown, Jones, Gomez, Mavrias

Lost in the final of my pre-season tournament, which I simmed. Gave a bump of 2.5m or so to the budget.

League campaign started against Leicester (A) (1-0) - Embolo scored on his debut after a gift from Schmeichel. Next up was Norwich (H) (1-1) - Went behind early, but equalised in the 2nd half through a Mané header at a corner. Swansea (H) (1-0) - Callum Wilson came off the bench to score the winner in the 90th minute. Port Vale (H, LC) (2-0 AET) - Missed a glut of chances in 90 minutes, they then tired out, went down to 10 men after a red, and it should have been more. Larsson and Mané scored in extra time to send us through. Villa (A) (1-0)- Even game decided in the last seconds when Jonjo Shelvey scored after Mane had his shot parried. That brings up to Sept 1st.

I've recruited a scout and he is currently scouting in England - no reports yet. I was awarded with Manager of the Month for my efforts. Got lucky with 2 last minute goals being the difference between having 10 points and 6 points.

As for suggestions - De Jong's lack of pace turned me off him, but Joaozinho was a real possibility only for his cost being more than Manés, despite Mané being 5 years younger and having the same OVR.

Happy with my squad now, good foundation for the future. Simming through training but if anybody knows the best drills then I'd love to hear it. Legendary is manageable for me at the moment but my formation definitely helps - Considering how hard it is to score on Legendary, the best chance IMO is to be tight at the back and try to grab a goal at the other end, using your pace.

If your interested in developing for the future, real will normally let odegaard go for 1.5 million by January. Love the concept of your season might copy you but on world class.

Good call on Embolo I've got him in to my Newcastle squad my defence needs looking at but I'm going for a pacey attacking game & will address my back line in the January window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Took a chance on career mode this year. The last two years were just frustrating as Id end up with 1 win, 1 loss and 15 draws and was very unrealistic. Im glad I did, Im addicted to it. Took over Valencia, started with a 50 million budget which was great. Offlocaded Alves 33mill, Parajo, 25mill and a few reserve players, started off with the best part of 120 million. Just bought the few positions I needed didnt waste time globally searching.

Brough in Juan Mata from United, Iker Muniain from Bilbao and Inigo Martinez from Sociedad. I signed Javier Pastore from PSG (WHo is really really **** for what I paid). Drew first game 1-1, won second game 2-1, then went on a 5 game 0-0 draw and 1-0 loss streak great here we go again.

I decided to give it one last game and boom, I smash 4 past Celta Vigo in a 4-1 win, 2-2 draw with Atletico followed followed by a 4-0 win over Mallorca in the cup. All was going well until my last game last night bottom of the table Las Palmas smashed me 5-1. Its gone from boring dull 0-0 draws in the past 2 FIFA series games to brilliant unpredictablility.
    I lie 11th in La LIga with 5 wins, 6 draws and 6 losses. I only average a goal a game and only 1 cleansheet all season but I love it. Brilliant game and brilliant mode.

The only drawback is the utter difficulty of gettin the ball back from the opposition. Near impossible.

@ Forza - What difficulty are you on mate?

Will have an update, hopefully tonight. Into February and some interesting developments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Good tip for anyone with £15-20m to spend on a CAM - Get Calhanoglu!

Up to 85 already in my second season with Liverpool, he is unbelievable. Rarely fails to score a free, long shots are insane and he can turn into a great passer with training. Butland, Umtiti and Kramer are others I'd highly recommend. One bad thing is that Van Der Wiel is beyond useless IMO, complete waste of money, and I ended up playing Joe Gomez ahead of him. Other decent signings are Ceballos, Bazoer and Armstrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

@ Forza - What difficulty are you on mate?

Will have an update, hopefully tonight. Into February and some interesting developments.

Im only on Pro mode. Might jump up a level once Im used to the game, I only get about an hour every two days so cant really get a good handle on it

So I've played a few games when I could since my last update, and I'm now in March, with 11 games to play in the league. Currently sitting in 5th, with 3rd to 6th seperated by goal difference. Chelsea are 1st, on 58.

RwjUYAD.png?1

Really annoyed by the fixture list. I had a game on Saturday (which I won), then an FA Cup replay on Tuesday (which I lost), now have my next PL game on Thursday, followed by another PL game on Saturday. My squad is completely exhausted. So dumb and completely unrealistic, and could end up costing me a place in Europe for next year.

I had wins against Newcastle, Palace, Arsenal, Watford, United, Aston Villa and West Ham. Losses against Tottenham, Southampton (both in the Carling Cup and the league), West Brom, Everton, Liverpool and Bournemouth. Everything else was a draw. Chelsea also knocked me out of the FA Cup in a replay.

I've got some very nice looking players in the youth academy. Won't call anybody up until next season though.

In the transfer window just gone - big changes occured. We sold Pantillimon and Cattermole. Then we recieved a bid for Mané - around 14 million from Everton. The game suggested I could get up to 18 million for him. Not thinking they would go for it, I negotiated it to 35 million, which they agreed to, and he left. I miss him quite a bit and would like to buy him back down the line. To replace him I brought in Bernard (Brazilian CAM) and Berardi (Italian RW). I had a lot of money still left over, and didn't finalise any other deal on time. I found out a way to get the money to move over to the next season, as usually it doesn't. Will give me a big budget next year to push on with.

Legendary difficulty is still a massive challenge - Extremely surprised to be where I am at the moment. Would love European football next season. Come on the black cats!

Really annoyed by the fixture list. I had a game on Saturday (which I won), then an FA Cup replay on Tuesday (which I lost), now have my next PL game on Thursday, followed by another PL game on Saturday. My squad is completely exhausted. So dumb and completely unrealistic, and could end up costing me a place in Europe for next year.

That happens every season in every career mode in Fifa the last couple of years!

So annoying when you have a small squad. Agree - so unrealistic.

What I've done to help with the fixture list is not too realistic, but it works. I always make sure I have 3 players for every position, then I make my first string squad, second string and third string. First and second string play either PL or European fixtures, depending on which is tougher, and the third squad plays the domestic cups. That way, you get to give your young players a chance, and you always have at least one fresh squad. I'm sure plenty others do the same, but it's a good idea for anyone who didn't think of it.

While I'm typing, I took Liverpool back to the CC by finishing second in my first season, bought very well in the summer of the second season and just won the league, FA Cup and CC. Won the CC final on penalties against United, felt bloody great!

martyos121 wrote: »
    What I've done to help with the fixture list is not too realistic, but it works. I always make sure I have 3 players for every position, then I make my first string squad, second string and third string. First and second string play either PL or European fixtures, depending on which is tougher, and the third squad plays the domestic cups. That way, you get to give your young players a chance, and you always have at least one fresh squad. I'm sure plenty others do the same, but it's a good idea for anyone who didn't think of it.

While I'm typing, I took Liverpool back to the CC by finishing second in my first season, bought very well in the summer of the second season and just won the league, FA Cup and CC. Won the CC final on penalties against United, felt bloody great!

Its fine when im playing as a big team but its when im playing as a mid - bottom table team is the problem. Not enough money to have 11 good back up players

Its fine when im playing as a big team but its when im playing as a mid - bottom table team is the problem. Not enough money to have 11 good back up players

Yeah that does make it harder alright, I did a West Brom career last year and the squad was thin, so I got myself knocked out of the cups straight away the first season, and it helped a lot. By the time the next season started, I had a decent squad of 32 (only need 2 keepers, they never tire), with more out on loan.

Exactly this. I have a first 11 and then maybe 4/5 players that I can rotate in depending on who is tired. At the moment though, all of those players are in yellow for fitness. So I imagine I'll have to play a team of 60 odd rated reserves in my next match on the Thursday so I can have a decent 11 on Saturday - keeping in mind I need to avoid injuries if I have any chance of qualifying for Europe.

If you aren't a strong team, it's super difficult to be able to have the people to rotate in - and usually it's not that big a deal, but when the game does this rubbish then it hurts.

Especially on legendary difficulty - you always have to have your best players on the pitch or you will just lose. Considering my first 11 are on average 78/79 rated, and my bench options and reserves are 74 down to 60ish, it's a massive difference that you can really feel in the game.

Hopefully next season I'll be able to strengthen - Especially if I somehow manage to get into Europe, as there's no way my current squad will be able to cope with the demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Gonna jump in on this. Just got Fifa 16 last week myself.

Started a career with Eintracht Frankfurt - playing on World Class.
    Started off with around 10m in funds, had a 30% transfer increase and won a pre season tournament which has taken me up to around 15m.

Team is as follows

Hradecky

Ignajovic Zambrano Abraham Ozcipka

Aigner Stendera Mahrez Basickoglu

Meier

Seferovic

Subs: Lindner, Russ, Castaignos, Medojevic, Flum, Chandler, Kadlec

Finding it a bit hit and miss - beat Bayern 3-0 with a Castaignos hat trick, then got beat 4-1 by Mainz but its really interesting. German league is pretty tough as a lot of the teams are pretty equally rated.

I'm lying around 8th or 9th in the league, but don't have much to spend now in January to improve. Mahrez is okay, not sure I would buy him again. Basickoglu (from Feyenoord) is pretty decent. He's quick and a decent finisher so chips in with a few goals.

Best players are probably Ozcipka, Stendera, Meier & Seferovic but really could do with another centre back and right back. Castaignos is also a pretty decent striker. I'm finding it pretty difficult to keep 11 men on the pitch and the replacements aren't great. Also pretty annoying how easily the opponents knock the ball around at times.

Will update back in a few games if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I have to say this FIFA in career mode is possibly the most frustrating game I've ever played. Feel like throwing the game out of the window. I'm playing a career mode with Arsenal on world class. 18 matches in I'm mid table, with 5 wins 8 draws and 5 defeats. Goals scored 9 and 9 goals conceded ffs. So I'm averaging a goal every 2 games. Some matches I create loads of chances but can't put them away and others I'm chasing shadows.

Lost my latest game 1 nil to Southampton. They scored by lobbing Cech from 40 yards out and then for the rest of the match I was chasing shadows as Southampton turned into Barcelona and Bayern Munich with the tiki taka. Has anybody any tips for improving? I don't really want to drop the difficulty as I always played previous Fifas on world class or even legendary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I have to say this FIFA in career mode is possibly the most frustrating game I've ever played. Feel like throwing the game out of the window. I'm playing a career mode with Arsenal on world class. 18 matches in I'm mid table, with 5 wins 8 draws and 5 defeats. Goals scored 9 and 9 goals conceded ffs. So I'm averaging a goal every 2 games. Some matches I create loads of chances but can't put them away and others I'm chasing shadows.

Lost my latest game 1 nil to Southampton. They scored by lobbing Cech from 40 yards out and then for the rest of the match I was chasing shadows as Southampton turned into Barcelona and Bayern Munich with the tiki taka. Has anybody any tips for improving? I don't really want to drop the difficulty as I always played previous Fifas on world class or even legendary.

In several career modes I've played I'v found goals hard to come by, from Chelsea and Barcelona to Leeds I can't score much

I've found that on legendary the ai will take more chances and there will be more chances for you to score, but with legendary they'll obviously be better in attack but you could adjust some of the sliders like pass error and shot error to balance things out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Ended up 6th in the league with Frankfurt, had to win on the last day to secure it and was away. Stendera scored in the 88th minute to seal a 1-0 win.

Transfer window came - had bought Embolo for a few million with a swap including Castaignos. Have since sold Seferovic for 17m euros and Zambrano for 13m euros and Mahrez for 11m Euros

Haven't replaced Seferovic yet, but have replaced Zambrano with Lovren and Mahrez with Rudy. Should have Kwadwo Poku from NYC signed when I resume later as well.

Probably need another striker, midfielder and centre back but not too sure on the money situation so will have to see what happens.

Advertisement