Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line Activation

Options
  • 07-10-2015 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hello, we have a (physical) land line in our property which has not been active since 2004.

How can we get this line reactivated? and how much will it cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ejabrod wrote: »
    Hello, we have a (physical) land line in our property which has not been active since 2004.

How can we get this line reactivated? and how much will it cost?
    Hi ejabrod

Re-connection is free however a minimum 12 month contract for line rental applies and is some cases 18 months where broadband is applicable. It's unlikely that the line will be able to be reactivated because of the length of time since last active however if that is the case an engineer will be arranged to call out to you which is also free of charge.

To place your order of find out more please contact our sales team on free phone 1800500300 or get in touch via WebChat www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Thanks for your response Alan.

I do not wish to avail of any services from Eircon Eir, I simply want the line activate to avail of services from another provider. Can the other provider activate the line?

I do not wish to avail of any services from Eircon Eir, I simply want the line activate to avail of services from another provider. Can the other provider activate the line?
    Hi ejabrod

You would need to place the order with the provider of your choice who in turn get in touch with eir at a wholesale lever to arrange reconnection.

As a contract is applicable to all connections ordered with eir that would mean that eir would be unable to reactivate a line to move to another provider without charging an early contract cease charge.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Hi ejabrod

You would need to place the order with the provider of your choice who in turn get in touch with eir at a wholesale lever to arrange reconnection.

As a contract is applicable to all connections ordered with eir that would mean that eir would be unable to reactivate a line to move to another provider without charging an early contract cease charge.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for your response

Hi ejabrod

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for your response
    No problem ejabrod

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement