Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Reconnect

Options
  • 07-10-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,
    I have just purchased a property that has been empty for a while. There is no record of a MPRN number, as the previous occupant is deceased.
    I did contact the ESB last week giving them the address of the property but have not heard anything back.
    If you could help me with this matter it would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Edonn,

Thanks for your message.

Do you know how long the property has been disconnected? If it has been less than two years then Electric Ireland can start the process of having your property reconnected. It is important to note that if it has been over six months since the property was disconnected then a wiring cert would be required prior to any work being carried out. A wiring cert would also be required if any rewiring has been conducted since the property was disconnected, even if it has been less than six months.

If the property has been disconnected for over two years then you will need to contact ESB Networks directly. A full list of what is required by Electric Ireland to connect the property can be found here. For additional information you can also visit the ESB Network's website here.

Is there a meter at the property? If so could you take the RM/Serial number from the meter and send this information to us in a private message and include the address of the property? We may then be able to locate the property on our system. If there is no meter at the property then we would advise you to contact ESB Networks directly.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement