Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puppy vomiting

• 07-10-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

Sadie is 5 months old and quite the fussy eater. (Vet appointment booked for today)

Since she arrived she has travelled in a crate in the car every day for an hour each way to work with me. Was never sick and jumps into the crate happily each time.

However week before last she was sick in the crate ate it then curled back up!

I've been feeding her a little natures own wet mixed with the dry and she seems to like that, however last week vomited all the food up again in the evening." days after the car one. She ate great on Thurs,Fri Sat and then Sunday I gave her some left over chicken (no bones) mixed with dry and that night vomited a vast quantity.
    She gets daily walks and free runs and I try watch anything and everything going in but yesterday I tried to wean her off the wet food and she wont eat the dry alone. So last night had just a few nibbles and was sick in the car this morning after eating nothing .She was wormed yesterday using parazole if that's any help to the cause.
    Overall she seems like a normal happy puppy however with the fussy eating and now voimiting seems unlike normal puppy behaviour.

Anyone had this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is she only getting sick after or during a car journey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

She was sick first time in car after about 45 minutes and this morning 25 mins in or so but the other times at night in her crate and twice on the couch (luckily made to the garden in time phew)

I have her 12 weeks now and she has driven to Wexford with me a few times and never sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

how often are you feeding her during the day at that age im a firm believer of 4 meals up the age of at least 8 months

Giving her 3 feeds a day. But simply won't eat without the bit of wet mixed in. She went 2 days without food in the week I first got her. Simply refused to eat the dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

To be honest OP you need to be persistent with the dry food - my cocker was similar when he was young when I moved him over to Burns he didn't eat for 4 days straight.... i called my vet (thinking he would starve to death etc) Vet reassured me no dog will starve with food in front of him... day 5 he ate everything and never looked back.. 2 days isnt soo bad - they will eat when they are hungry enough.. persistance is the key.

I've my guy a taste of the wild grain free now - with a mixed boiled carrots / broccoili.. some days boiled mince mixed with veg... or nuts mixed with tuna etc.. you can vary her diet but personally id keep her off all tined food (unless its a very good quality)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

There's no rule that says you have to feed a dry food. There's plenty of great quality wet foods as well as the raw or home prepared route.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, is there any pattern in the length of time between her having eaten, and her vomiting?

There is no pattern that I can see at all.
    She has eaten and been sick hours later and not eaten for hours and been sick.

The vet gave her a vitamin and antibiotic shot and antobiotics for the rest of the week. Said she's a little on the thin side. then I was worried that she had started to become car sick but she happily jumps into car and even the vet said most likely not that.

She could have picked up a bug or something.
    I went back to the bit of wet food mixed with dry, I use the Real nature can and only give a 1/4 of the can per feed.

Advertisement