Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Missing for Landlord account

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yep, could happen, I mentioned that alright in my post. I suppose what I should have added is, if the payment was bounced back to OP, s/he would have noticed the extra money!

So it either went to LL, or an incorrect payee, or something else altogether!

Hope it all goes well for op. Not a nice situation to be in, but if you are in the right do not be bullied.

I had money put in to my account by mistake. Bank was unable (or to lazy) to tell me where it came from. It was returned a couple of weeks later. The person must have copped it at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConfusedNow13

Got 14 day notice sometime after 8p last night to post box.
    Sent letter with certificate of mailing and registered disputing same along with copies of bank statements (redacted all but rent info) showing Date/amount/account number that payment for rent was sent to. Verified that the account was correct as it matches the one noted on the 14 day notice.
    Asking for reply in 5days.
    My question is to I forward all this to the PTRB or allow the LL a chance to answer.
    I really am hopeful this is the end of this and LL is just a bad book keeper.
    But also do not want to be bullied.
    Also how long does the PTRB process take?
    And Threshold has still not returned calls.
    Thank you again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You've already given the LL a chance to answer and he didn't.

Give all the details to PRTB and let them deal with him. Continue paying your rent as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Metroboulot

I'd day send all correspondence (copies) to the PRTB.

If he's pulling this stunt it's an illegal eviction and also you need to know where your thousands of Euro went!!

If he attempts an illegal eviction the fines are rather large. Potentially €20,000

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Agree with above. No harm opening a dispute with PRTB. If it all sorts itself out in the mean time, great, but if not its good to have the ball rolling with PRTB (especially considering his 14 days notice letter).

I get the feeling your expecting him to be difficult - As good a reason as any to nudge you towards opening a dispute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Thread needs a poll.

1. Tenants problem
    2. Landlords problem
    3. Atari Jaguar

Need the OP to post their bank statements here before I can make my mind up :cool:

And his PIN code, of course

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

bpmurray wrote: »
    And his PIN code, of course

Who are you? OPs landlord?

No calls demanding an inspection?
    I have already had one this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kalimah

This whole scenario is one of the most unbelievable things I have ever read about on boards.
    I think the OP has done as much as is humanly possible to sort out the issue. It looks like there is another agenda at play here. Do not let yourself be bullied into leaving the house.
    Hope all turns out well for you.

What are the rules re inspection? I am not familiar with them?
    and don't have my laptop to hand?
    I would appreciate it. Never questioned before as it wasn't an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kalimah

http://www.prtb.ie/dispute-resolution/disputes/the-three-stages-of-a-tenancy/inspections

Not sure if this is of any help. I'm not a landlord nor have ever been a tenant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Kalimah wrote: »
    This whole scenario is one of the most unbelievable things I have ever read about on boards.
    I think the OP has done as much as is humanly possible to sort out the issue. It looks like there is another agenda at play here. Do not let yourself be bullied into leaving the house.
    Hope all turns out well for you.

Not really if things are returning to the Celtic Tiger style rental market we will hear of more of this type of shenanigans.
    Happened to a friend back in the day, he had accidentally underpaid though but by two weeks instead of the 3+ months agent first tried to land him with.
    Also know of a property where tenants didn't pay rent for year and a half before landlord turned up not an advisable thing but some LL are very odd/dodgy (he basically completely disappeared of the face of the earth).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What are the rules re inspection? I am not familiar with them?
    and don't have my laptop to hand?
    I would appreciate it. Never questioned before as it wasn't an issue.

Inspection times must be mutually agreed. When was the last one?

Less then a year ago. I replied I would advise of a time as soon as my schedule was clear for next week. I don't think it unreasonable to wait on that

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hanna200

Got 14 day notice sometime after 8p last night to post box.
    S

can you be more specific?

have you received a notice of inspection or a notice to quit?

I just read this:
    I really am hopeful this is the end of this and LL is just a bad book keeper.
    But also do not want to be bullied.
    Also how long does the PTRB process take?
    And Threshold has still not returned calls.
    Thank you again

.. so I'm assuming it's a notice of inspection

I was issued 14 day notice re rent arrears and then two calls for inspection today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

He can inspect the property provided he gives you 24 hours notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

He can inspect the property provided he gives you 24 hours notice.

24 hours is minimum reasonable notice to agree a time for inspection. they need to agree a time which suits them both.
    LL can't just say 'I'm coming in 24 hours. If you're not there I'll let myself in'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I was issued 14 day notice re rent arrears and then two calls for inspection today
    I'd take pictures of the property as is at the moment. Incase they try to claim some odd **** about its condition.

As far as I am aware you cannot be evicted once a dispute has been registered with the PTRB. At least until they rule on it. Might need to be verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

He's gearing up for illegal termination. Log the PRTB case right now. You paid the money. Its up to him to prove he didn't receive it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

This thread is remarkable. Man, have I been lucky with landlords!

OP you sound very conscientious in the way you've dealt with the bank.

Register with the PTRB, try and keep all communication with him in writing as it sounds like you will need it.

This guy just sounds like he wants you out. Unfortunately this will be a battle of wills. Good luck .

Ensure you've a friend or family member present during the inspection too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

wow renting is just a disaster in this country. best of luck op and please keep us posted. some great advice on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Something about this thread is off. The LLhas gone nuclear over what he perceives as unpaid rent. Even the biggest idiot of a LL would not do this unless there was some reason/back story and given the raft of info about tenant rights, he should have backed down at this stage unless he was sure of his position.

You'd be surprised ! Not everyone's all that legally savvy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

You'd be surprised ! Not everyone's all that legally savvy.

Agreed, but when the op showed him that the money left his account that should have been the end of it, unless it didn't reach the LLs account. Surely at this stage he would have double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked that it didn't reach his account. Even the densest LL knows what is coming next if you evict a paying tenant for no reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

LL may have a recent marital issue with someone else having had access to the bank accounts (happened to a friend). It's impossible to tell if that's the case here but OP is doing everything right including asking for advice. Best of luck.

I've got to re scan documents and figure out the online complaint. Seems my PRTB number isn't recognised. Worst case paper complaint Monday. LL still no response will give 3 times next week for inspection and see. All and any advice appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I've got to re scan documents and figure out the online complaint. Seems my PRTB number isn't recognised. Worst case paper complaint Monday. LL still no response will give 3 times next week for inspection and see. All and any advice appreciated.

Your prtb number isn't recognised? Is it possible your tenancy isn't registered? Doesn't sound surprising given what you've said about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Ensure you've a friend or family member present during the inspection too!
    No obligation on the landlord to have any dealings with anyone else?
    davo10 wrote: »
    Something about this thread is off. The LLhas gone nuclear over what he perceives as unpaid rent. Even the biggest idiot of a LL would not do this unless there was some reason/back story and given the raft of info about tenant rights, he should have backed down at this stage unless he was sure of his position.

Maybe the landlord reqlly hasn't received the money? It's really up to both parties to ensure that the money is sent and received. Each has a responsibility.
    Dubl07 wrote: »
    LL may have a recent marital issue with someone else having had access to the bank accounts (happened to a friend). It's impossible to tell if that's the case here but OP is doing everything right including asking for advice. Best of luck.

Pure speculation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement