Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Missing for Landlord account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConfusedNow13

I have to say I keep going over everything and I can't figure out how it got here so quickly. I asked for 2 days to get and verify bank statements and blind sided by 14 day notice and a demand for inspection and complete bank statements

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Take a step back and breath. Tell the landlord ye can meet up at some agreed time and everyone bring all their "evidence". In the mean time, his missing 6k going anywhere. He's not noticed it for this long, he can survive another few days. Show him your bank statements, and he show you his and see whats going on. If the landlord cant agree to this he's the one causing the problem. So far he has shown you no evidence to prove this missing ~6k and assuming everything on your end is legit, he's falsely accusing you, and threatening you with eviction. If the landlord wont show you any evidence of missing rent (while you are willing to show evidence of paid rent) tell him to PFO and come back with some evidence.

Remember what everyone has said though, keep paying rent. You're completely in the right here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Metroboulot

Interestingly also coincides very closely with the pay and file income tax deadline at the end of the month...

Coincidence?

Can be an expensive time of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

NATLOR wrote: »
    If the landlord is coming to do an inspection then there is your opportunity to show him face to face the paperwork you have verifying all disputed payments were correctly made and see what he has to say to that
    Actually, I would be wary of showing any landlord the details of my income and bank balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Do not show any bank statements and have your solicitor present for any meeting/inspection.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Do not show any bank statements and have your solicitor present for any meeting/inspection.

I've already provided redacted bank statements. I am not sure a solicitor is necessary for a meeting?

8-10 wrote: »

There is absolutely no need to involve a solicitor at this point anyway. Needless cost is all it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

There is absolutely no need to involve a solicitor at this point anyway. Needless cost is all it would be.

He is looking at allegations of underpaid rent of 6K and being homeless, and the landlord is requesting illegal verification.

A solicitor would be cheap in those circumstances

He is looking at allegations of underpaid rent of 6K and being homeless, and the landlord is requesting illegal verification.

A solicitor is not going to be any use at this stage in fact I'd say a solicitor wouldn't have any interest in getting involved.

All that's needs to be done for now is both parties need to sit down together with all the info required and go through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Victor wrote: »
    Actually, I would be wary of showing any landlord the details of my income and bank balance.

I wasnt suggesting showing any information other than a statement showing all rental payments made

• Advertisement

May I ask, as I am not sure the procedure or if there is on, if i chose to find other accomidations as long as i give notice am I still able to persue that PRTB complaint?
    I apologize for all the questions its just alot of info on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have to say I keep going over everything and I can't figure out how it got here so quickly. I asked for 2 days to get and verify bank statements and blind sided by 14 day notice and a demand for inspection and complete bank statements

The 14 day notice is a pre-requisite for the landlord to log before moving to an eviction notice and is to be issued as soon as rent is overdue. The tenant then has 14 days to sort the arrears. In your case you have already provided proof of payment, so its off to the PTRB with you since the LL isnt standing down.

Thats what the PTRB is for, a solicitor would be money down the drain here.

May I ask, as I am not sure the procedure or if there is on, if i chose to find other accomidations as long as i give notice am I still able to persue that PRTB complaint?
    I apologize for all the questions its just alot of info on line.

Yes you can pursue the complaint no matter where you live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Yes you can pursue the complaint no matter where you live.

If the money has been found not to have reached the LLs account (remote possibility), you can also be pursued for that even if you leave. It is hard to believe this thread has rambled on so long with speculation and conjecture when it should just be a matter of the two of you meeting and showing the relevant bank statements. This should be a binary situation, either the money was paid into his account or it wasn't. If it was, he is a twit and deserves any penalty he receives but if it wasn't, then op you are responsible. The two of you should arrange to meet, ask him to bring his statements to prove it hasn't been paid, it is his turn to put up or shut up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

davo10 wrote: »
    If the money has been found not to have reached the LLs account (remote possibility), you can also be pursued for that even if you leave. It is hard to believe this thread has rambled on so long with speculation and conjecture when it should just be a matter of the two of you meeting and showing the relevant bank statements. This should be a binary situation, either the money was paid into his account or it wasn't. If it was, he is a twit and deserves any penalty he receives but if it wasn't, then op you are responsible. The two of you should arrange to meet, ask him to bring his statements to prove it hasn't been paid, it is his turn to put up or shut up.

The OP did show his landlord his back statement with the payments on it but all other details blacked out. The landlord didn't accept this and wanted to see an unredacted version of his back statement.

The op has done their end, the LL is refusing to engage. Its hard to believe you post about things that are hard to believe without actually reading the thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The OP did show his landlord his back statement with the payments on it but all other details blacked out. The landlord didn't accept this and wanted to see an unredacted version of his back statement.

Possibly the LL believes that some of the blacked out entries show the money bouncing back into the tenants a/c

The op has done their end, the LL is refusing to engage. Its hard to believe you post about things that are hard to believe without actually reading the thread ;)

At the risk of pointing out the obvious ( and losing the will to live), the fact that the ops account may only show the money left it, and the op has stated that each month he manually typed the details in, the LLs may show it was not received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

At the risk of pointing out the obvious ( and losing the will to live), the fact that the ops account may only show the money left it, and the op has stated that each month he manually typed the details in, the LLs may show it was not received.

The OP stated that they didn't manually type the details in, they used saved details. Some payments made it to the landlord, some allegedly didn't.

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    The OP stated that they didn't manually type the details in, they used saved details. Some payments made it to the landlord, some allegedly didn't.

He said,no,he said,no he said and on and on and on. The LL says the money didn't reach his account, the op said he paid it, one thing is certain, if a standing order had been set up from the beginning this wouldn't be an issue. No one, including the op, is going to be sure about this until both sit down and "compare notes".

and the op has stated that each month he manually typed the details in

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I know, I feel the same, but we are only hearing one side of this and if the LL were to produce a bank statement which shows the payments were not made, what then for the 200 odd posts on this thread?

I know, I feel the same, but we are only hearing one side of this and if the LL were to produce a bank statement which shows the payments were not made, what then for the 200 odd posts on this thread?

Don;t care about "what ifs" - you said the OP manually entered the details, they said they didn't, several times. Thread would have a lot less posts if people stopped posting the same incorrect stuff over and over again.

Don;t care about "what ifs" - you said the OP manually entered the details, they said they didn't, several times. Thread would have a lot less posts if people stopped posting the same incorrect stuff over and over again.

In Post #21 OP says "Yes Manually"

In Post #21 OP says "Yes Manually"

And OP corrected this later.

And OP corrected this later.

Ok, once more for the really cheap seats right down at the back of the hall, manual filling/auto filling an online transfer does involve the account holder to actually type in some details, be it the amount etc. Nothing about the op's responses on this thread would lead me to think that he is tech savvy nor infallible. My point being that if the LL can show that the money was not lodged in his account, then the op has some explaining to do. But, and in your case I will emphasise this, given the fact that the op has forwarded his redacted statements, it is now up to the LL to put up or shut up. Simples really!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This sounds so far fetched I'm beginning to think it's a big joke. It's so simple to sort it out. Sit down, show each other account paid into, job down. The OP has changed stories a few times, its very hard to follow at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I've already provided redacted bank statements. I am not sure a solicitor is necessary for a meeting?

FYI the reason I'm suggesting this is not because the situation needs it legally, however from reading the entire thread I am more and more thinking that the LL is being a bully.

Having your solicitor present shows that you are taking this very seriously and would be good to introduce your solicitor at the meeting to hopefully help him back down on the aggressive tactics.

• Advertisement

Ok, once more for the really cheap seats right down at the back of the hall, manual filling/auto filling an online transfer does involve the account holder to actually type in some details, be it the amount etc. Nothing about the op's responses on this thread would lead me to think that he is tech savvy nor infallible. My point being that if the LL can show that the money was not lodged in his account, then the op has some explaining to do. But, and in your case I will emphasise this, given the fact that the op has forwarded his redacted statements, it is now up to the LL to put up or shut up. Simples really!

It wasn't manual or autofill, it was saved properly, go read the Ops posts. The ll has shown nothing. If you are going to make cheap digs try and be factually correct first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement