Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback on Personal Writing (any type like poetry, short stories etc)

• 07-10-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭

I would be very grateful if I could get some feedback on this poem and short story I both wrote.

'Rain Over Me' - Sryan shows how life just brings him down nowadays and feels like committing suicide because nothing is worthwhile after his nanny died.

Happiness is a treasure, to me these days
    Every day passing by, is worthless since that August
    Life is callous, like a stormy day
    Suicidal thoughts were blank, when it was all flawless

Many promises and my heart, have been shattered
    Malicious mankind, in such a big world
    Been through disasters, like walking under a ladder
    But this time, it's way much worse

Tears are words, the heart can't say
    I get lost, inside my mind
    But sometimes, you gotta pretend everything is okay
    Even though there is no good in goodbye

'I Nearly Starved to Death'

As a 15-year old going camping for the scouts, I felt like life was endless and full of mysteries. Travelling from Dublin to the Wicklow Mountains, I planned to spend my weekend camping, foraging and enjoying the beauty of Lugnaquilla.
    Strolling through the trees and hiking up the hills, I was totally alone, noticing the majestic view from the ground. Looking around, I discovered I was no longer on the trail I had mapped out: I was lost. I turned back, hoping to find my original route. However, when walking through muddy ground, I lost my footing and slipped. Immense pain exploded through my head, as I smashed my forehead against a rock. It was the last thing I felt before falling unconscious.
    Hours later, I regained consciousness still in pain and still lost. Knowing my head was hurt badly, I realised I had to get down the mountain and get medical care fast. Down the steep gradient I plummeted.
    I reached the base and quickly ran to a nearby payphone, though my head was aching and in agony. After many dull moments, the ambulance arrived and I was relieved. I spent three weeks stuck in a hospital bed, but at least I knew I was safe. Ever since this happened, this experience has become a touchstone, reminding me what a privilege it is to be alive. It is a lesson I will not forget!

Advertisement