Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drury Mills, Saggart

Options
  • 07-10-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi

We have bought in the first phase of Drury Mills. Really looking forward to moving in. Houses seem to be coming along (as we drive over every week to have a peek!).

Just wondering has anyone else who's bought one of the first 10 been given an exact completion date yet?

With such a small number of houses in this phase, not sure how much traffic this thread will get, but if anyone else who has bought is in any way like me, then they'll have been googling the words "Drury Mills" and "Saggart" quite a lot lately!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hegartj

Lycoge wrote: »
    Hi

We have bought in the first phase of Drury Mills. Really looking forward to moving in. Houses seem to be coming along (as we drive over every week to have a peek!).

Just wondering has anyone else who's bought one of the first 10 been given an exact completion date yet?

With such a small number of houses in this phase, not sure how much traffic this thread will get, but if anyone else who has bought is in any way like me, then they'll have been googling the words "Drury Mills" and "Saggart" quite a lot lately!

Hi lycoge we have also bought in the first phase and like that have been making weekly trips up to view progress . I believe two people have moved in and we have been told 20th Nov as estimated completion date ...cannot wait. I imagine it takes a couple of weeks after that with snagging etc but defo should be pre Xmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lycoge

Hegartj wrote: »
    Hi lycoge we have also bought in the first phase and like that have been making weekly trips up to view progress . I believe two people have moved in and we have been told 20th Nov as estimated completion date ...cannot wait. I imagine it takes a couple of weeks after that with snagging etc but defo should be pre Xmas :)

Our first neighbour, hello!

We got confirmation this week that completion looks to be end of next week or early the week after. Nearly there. I hadn't seen that anyone had moved in yet.

I hope the move goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jojobear

Our first neighbour, hello!

We got confirmation this week that completion looks to be end of next week or early the week after. Nearly there. I hadn't seen that anyone had moved in yet.

I hope the move goes well for you.

Oooh exciting . Best of luck to you too ...hopefully won't be too long behind you . Let me know how long it takes between completion and moving in !! :).

Jojobear wrote: »
    Oooh exciting . Best of luck to you too ...hopefully won't be too long behind you . Let me know how long it takes between completion and moving in !! :).

Apparently 14 days max as that's the time specified from completion to payment of final balance according to our contract. Will depend on the snag list as well I guess. Will let you know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Motjida

We're going through the snagging process at the moment, hoping to be moving in later this week!

• Advertisement

Motjida wrote: »
    We're going through the snagging process at the moment, hoping to be moving in later this week!

That's great. Hope the snagging process goes smoothly for you. Was the house connected with electricity, gas and water by the builder so that those things could be checked in the snag (and then you transfer into your own name on closing) or did you have to set those up yourself first? I imagine it has to be one of those 2 or the snag list wouldn't be able to include appliances / heating etc?

They're all connected with Electricity, Gas and Water, not sure how the process is for transferring them into our name on closing, but I'll be finding out shortly :)

Hi folks

For those of you who got mortgages, any issues with valuation? Have arranged ours for next week (completion date has been pushed back) and it's the last hurdle I can see in terms of "things that could go wrong" before we close. So thought I'd ask here in advance of ours getting valued.

Hi folks

For those of you who got mortgages, any issues with valuation? Have arranged ours for next week (completion date has been pushed back) and it's the last hurdle I can see in terms of "things that could go wrong" before we close. So thought I'd ask here in advance of ours getting valued.

No problems here! Everything has happened so fast :)

Hope your completion date wasnt pushed back by much? I have got my valuation doen and no issues now Im just hoping its finished in time so I wont ave to get it done again !!

The crowd I used had done a few in the development so knew it well - no issues - fingers crossed !

• Advertisement

When is everyone scheduled to move in? Not a lot of people here at the moment!

Hi Im apparently due for completion 20th Nov so hope to move in within 2 weeks of that if thats a realistic time frame - cannot wait !!

Thanks folks. Happy to hear the valuations were good. That's the last thing we're waiting on now. Completion looks to be a week and a half later than original but waiting for confirmation of the date, it should be next week sometime. Hope to be in by 14th November as have a week booked off work starting then! Depends on time to complete snag process, if that can be done in a week, should be on track for 14th.

Snagging didn't take more than a day or two for us, they're real quick to fix any issues.

We hired an architect to do the snagging for us <mod snip> real thorough he was.
    He was very impressed with the quality of the build, only a few minor things here and there to fix.

Hi folks. So we finally have been told the house will be ready Monday. For those of you who are already in, how many days between completion and closing? Someone said snagging only took a day or two. Is that the norm? Could we expect then to be closing at the end of next week? Solicitor has started the mortgage drawdown process so we'll be ready to go asap once snag is completed. After the delays, we're eager to get the keys quickly.

Hi Lycoge just wondering if you are in ? Ive just completed my snag list so trying ot get an idea of how long it takes before reinspection and move in ! Hopefully not long !!!!!!!!!

Also, would like to get some kind of motion sensor security lightign installed if anyone has any recommendations ?

Hegartj wrote: »
    Hi Lycoge just wondering if you are in ? Ive just completed my snag list so trying ot get an idea of how long it takes before reinspection and move in ! Hopefully not long !!!!!!!!!

Hi Hegartj

We gave our snag list in order over a week ago and still not ready for reinspection. If that means everything is done properly then the wait will be worth it. This has been such a long process. Hopefully yours goes smoothly for you.

Thanks for the quick response - not what I was hoping to hear but I do agree better to have it done right - it will be all worth it in the end! Good luck with it all :)

Hegartj wrote:
    Thanks for the quick response - not what I was hoping to hear but I do agree better to have it done right - it will be all worth it in the end! Good luck with it all

I know. When I read previous comments saying the snag took 1-2 days, I thought that would be the norm and was hoping that would be the case for us! But every house is different I guess. You might be lucky and have a short turn around.
    Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

We were told this afternoon our house is ready for re snagging. Great news! Will do that on Monday and all going well close next week. Getting there!

We were told this afternoon our house is ready for re snagging. Great news! Will do that on Monday and all going well close next week. Getting there!

That's great news ...and hopefully I'll be next ! Best of luck Mon hope it's all
    Done and no issues ...fingers crossed :)

We finally got our keys today. Closed the sale just before 5pm. After a long week since reinspection we were delighted to get the keys before the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Wishing you much happiness in your new home Lycoge!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

hey, guys, just wondering how you guys feel about this place so far?

We weren't local to the area before we moved but we're very happy with Saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

We weren't local to the area before we moved but we're very happy with Saggart.
    Good to hear that, i am thinking of getting a place in here, anything had been noticed so far, if u do not mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi,

We are looking for a house in Drury mills, saggart.
    How is this place? Have You had any bad experience?
    I found some old comments, many anti-social activities happened over there and in luas station as well, Still in same situation?
    How much time will take to City center from saggart by luas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 morewhite

We are buying in phase two of Drury Mills. May we ask Motjida, which Architect you used for you snagging

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

morewhite wrote: »
    We are buying in phase two of Drury Mills. May we ask Motjida, which Architect you used for you snagging

By pm only please, in accordance with the forum charter.

Advertisement