Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drury Mills, Saggart

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PaulnLaura

Hi Guys,
    We are buying house in 3rd phase. Could anyone advise someone to do snag list?
    How do you find your new home so far? Is it warm during cold times? Have you had any issues so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

I am moving in this week looking forward to the move!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Hi guys,

Not a long time boards user so not sure if it's appropriate to post on an old thread or start a new one - sorry if I got it wrong!

The next phase of Drury Mills is launching at the end of February. We need to use the Help to Buy scheme and my partner rang to check that they accept it.

He was told that if we buy a house on the day of the launch we need to pay €10k from our own money - which is standard. Then when we sign the contract we pay another €10k and then another €10k at a later stage - all from our savings. Then we have to apply for the next stage of the Help to Buy scheme. The money will go directly to the contractor and they will then apparently refund us the money they got from the Help to Buy.

It sounds pretty dodgy to me and I was just wondering if it worked like that for anyone in the last phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

climber59 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Not a long time boards user so not sure if it's appropriate to post on an old thread or start a new one - sorry if I got it wrong!

The next phase of Drury Mills is launching at the end of February. We need to use the Help to Buy scheme and my partner rang to check that they accept it.

He was told that if we buy a house on the day of the launch we need to pay €10k from our own money - which is standard. Then when we sign the contract we pay another €10k and then another €10k at a later stage - all from our savings. Then we have to apply for the next stage of the Help to Buy scheme. The money will go directly to the contractor and they will then apparently refund us the money they got from the Help to Buy.

It sounds pretty dodgy to me and I was just wondering if it worked like that for anyone in the last phase?

Sounds dodgy to me. Mate bought a house last year through the HTB scheme. House was 300k and 10% deposit was required. He had to pay 6k booking deposit and the remainder of 24k within a couple of weeks. He paid 9k via EFT and Revenue were paying the builder 10k directly. I think he had to provide the builder with some access code...

Makes sense to me as it was designed to help people with their deposit.

Thanks for that. I did a bit more research and apparently it can be used for any part of the sale so the contractor doesn't have to accept it as part of the deposit if they don't want to.

I also clarified with them as it seemed a bit odd. They wouldn't actually be refunding us the money, they'd just take it off the house price so the mortgage would be slightly lower. Seems a bit silly given the intent of the scheme but nothing wrong with it legally.

I'd be interested to see if anyone who bought an earlier phase got them to do it a different way?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I did a bit more research and apparently it can be used for any part of the sale so the contractor doesn't have to accept it as part of the deposit if they don't want to.

I also clarified with them as it seemed a bit odd. They wouldn't actually be refunding us the money, they'd just take it off the house price so the mortgage would be slightly lower. Seems a bit silly given the intent of the scheme but nothing wrong with it legally.

I'd be interested to see if anyone who bought an earlier phase got them to do it a different way?

No probs.
    The whole process is confusing enough.
    Has the builder released a price list yet?

Nope. He said they won't be announcing prices or which houses are in the next phase until the email announcing the launch which will be just a few days before. He said whether the prices go up depend on the level of interest. So it's a waiting game I guess now.

Nope. He said they won't be announcing prices or which houses are in the next phase until the email announcing the launch which will be just a few days before. He said whether the prices go up depend on the level of interest. So it's a waiting game I guess now.

Cheers climber59.
    Let's see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MICHELLE89G

Got an email today 345k for 3 bed. What do people think? Where yous expecting the increase? I was really interested in a 3 bed but not at those prices. When I rang during the week the girl told me they would be starting at 315k obviously not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldbrain

We too received the email. The prices quoted not really up to the expectations. Near by new developments are at least selling at 10 to 15% cheaper and their house built up area is much more than what they have here with similar or more features provided. I guess 345k for 3 bed of 1227 sqft is really not a wise investment. Their help to buy scheme conditions are not really serving the purpose of helping the buyers. 2 beds are decently priced. But looked at the released plans for 2 Bed apartments they look too cramped up especially entrance to upper level units has common entrance for 2 flats with just one straight up stairs. can't decide on making the buying decision unless viewing is satisfied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sinead8219

There still seems to be two 4 bed houses up for sale, not surprised given the asking price E435k. My brother just reserved upper floor duplex there and it seems that they are lacking the space for washing machine in the kitchen and builders are going to have it fitted in the toilet?????? I am actually thinking is this for real? Is this the case in every duplex there? Is it kind of a new trend now?
    They are seriously thinking of pulling the offer as for 265k it would not be worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

Sinead8219 wrote: »
    There still seems to be two 4 bed houses up for sale, not surprised given the asking price E435k. My brother just reserved upper floor duplex there and it seems that they are lacking the space for washing machine in the kitchen and builders are going to have it fitted in the toilet?????? I am actually thinking is this for real? Is this the case in every duplex there? Is it kind of a new trend now?
    They are seriously thinking of pulling the offer as for 265k it would not be worth the hassle.

a lot of countries in mainland Europe have washing machines in the bathrooms. It honestly makes more sense then having them in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 traveller90

Dear All Drury Mills Phase 4 Prospect Owners,

Due to a lack of information from Savills and Anthony Neville Homes regarding the installation of the washing machine in the upper duplex, may I request all prospect buyers who are equally concerned to contact me directly via a private message with their phone numbers, so that we can establish collectively what information we have gathered so far. Based on past experience, in such events it is important that we act together when negotiating with Savills and Anthony Neville Homes.

So far I collected the names and phone details of four prospect owners. They are all concerned about the lack of communication regarding the completion of the apartments and the location of the washing machine. I would like to receive a few more contact details before contacting Savills, hence I encourage you to message me if you have put your money down already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 traveller90

a lot of countries in mainland Europe have washing machines in the bathrooms. It honestly makes more sense then having them in the kitchen.

Indeed, there are some countries in mainland Europe with washing machines fitted in the bathrooms.
    However, this is Ireland. The washing machine in the bathroom may have a negative impact on the future value of the property. The other thing is that the upper duplex bathroom will not fit a normal size washing machine without compromising on the access to the sink area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Plenty of people in Ireland don't have them in their kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

HI all owners of houses in drury mills, have any of you been able to get an alternative broadband provider to virgin media seems they have the monopoly of the estate, what to switch but seems eir have not done there work in finishing the network.

Advertisement