Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending payment to UK

Options
  • 07-10-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I need to send 350 sterling to a UK business, what is the least costly way for me to transfer this money to their account; direct to their account via online payment , make them an over the phone debit card transaction or transfer with SEPA in branch?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I need to send 350 sterling to a UK business, what is the least costly way for me to transfer this money to their account; direct to their account via online payment , make them an over the phone debit card transaction or transfer with SEPA in branch?
    Thanks
    Hi makeandcreate, 

Thanks for your post. 

To make a Sterling payment to the UK on 365 Online, you will be shown the exchange rate at the time of the transfer. There is no extra charge for a transfer to the UK, only the regular fee of 10 cent for an online transfer. 

A debit card transaction using your Visa Debit card will also be 10 cent. 

When making the transfer in branch again you will be told the exchange rate at the time and the charge can vary. The charge can be a minimum of €12.50 and maximum of €50 plus a foreign exchange margin, this would be for a regular transfer which can take up to three working days. 
    An express transfer can also be made in our branches which can be made the same day to the payees account and is charged at 0.2% of the transaction value minimum charge €12.50 and maximum €50, a charge of €25, plus a foreign exchange margin. You can find the charges for international transfers here

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement