Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny rubbish disposal

Options
  • 07-10-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

With the BigBin machine unavailable at the black quarry service station on the Bennetsbridge road, can anybody recommend an alternative for disposal of domestic waste in the Kilkenny region? Some companies are charging 6 euro per bag compared to 7 euro for 2 bags from the bigbin company!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Green star in the Hebron. On the right had side.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

linny wrote: »
    Green star in the Hebron. On the right had side.

any idea of prices Linny?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It's €5.50 per bag in Dunmore and €5 for a car of recycling.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

any idea of prices Linny?

It's a fiver for double mattress ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

It's a fiver for double mattress ;-)

You sure?

It states €10 on the Green Star website.

• Advertisement

jprboy wrote: »
    You sure?

if ya go to the guy in the yard instead of the office it a bit cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I usually get charged €4 for a black sack of domestic and €1 per bag of recycling in the Hebron.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

catbear wrote: »
    I usually get charged €4 for a black sack of domestic and €1 per bag of recycling in the Hebron.

Thing is, if you're going to drive to Hebron, why not drive to the council dump its far better value!

2e for a black bag, A car load of recycling is charged at €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cabaal wrote: »
    Thing is, if you're going to drive to Hebron, why not drive to the council dump its far better value!

Says 5.50 per bag on website for refuse bag. And 5 for recycling for a '' car load what ever that is .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

jprboy wrote: »
    You sure?

if ya go to the guy in the yard instead of the office it a bit cheaper

Hmmmm...................

Should I say linny sent me...... or even ask for linny?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

And 5 for recycling for a '' car load what ever that is .

Car load is exactly as it sounds,
    Throw down the back seats, fill the boot and back seats full of bags and they'll only charge you 5e. I know cause I did it a few weeks back.

Had loads of bags and sheets of cardboard in the car,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Cabaal wrote: »

Thing is I only to go once every two months and while in Hebron I fill up at topoil too.
    However I was cleaning out the house I'd use the dump for a bootload.

Is it a fiver for a bootload of domestic waste or must it be seperated recyling only. The website doesnt say its 2euro per bag.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Is it a fiver for a bootload of domestic waste or must it be seperated recyling only. The website doesnt say its 2euro per bag.......

€5.50 per bag of domestic, €5 per car load of recylcing

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They don't say how big the black bag should be. I've been using a wheelie bin liner for yonks. Easily fit 3 or 4 black sacks into it. Bring someone to help lift it out of the boot co's its flimsy but save a good few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

They don't say how big the black bag should be. I've been using a wheelie bin liner for yonks. Easily fit 3 or 4 black sacks into it. Bring someone to help lift it out of the boot co's its flimsy but save a good few quid

You can pay by weight either. At €175/tonne (eg €17.50 for 100kg) it's probably cheaper than per bag. Stop on the weighbridge so they can take your entry weight and likewise on the way out. Pay for the difference. Recently paid €16 for a car load (back seat folded, full to roof).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Folks,
    Is there any of those big bin place around kk. Is there one beside a petrol station or supervalue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Folks,
    Is there any of those big bin place around kk. Is there one beside a petrol station or supervalue?
    At the back of the Blackquary petrol station there should be one.

PeterCasey wrote: »
    At the back of the Blackquary petrol station there should be one.

Green star depot in Hebron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Folks,
    At the back of the Blackquary  petrol station there should be one.
    I remember one there years ago ...is it still there?
    At the back of the Blackquary  petrol station there should be one.

Green star depot in Hebron

do you know if you have to have the bags filter as on one bag general waste one bag recycling?

• Advertisement

The recycling centre beside the car boot sale off the Callan road charges €4 for  weighed recycling. That's the min price. Try as I might I can't seem to exceed the min price! 6 big bags of recycling for €4!! now that's a good deal

Advertisement