Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere(/one) that would rent a coint sorter?

Options
  • 07-10-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Am in galway, and looking for a coin sorter to sort out a bunch of spare change and count it.
    Does anyone rent out such machines ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

jogdish wrote: »
    Am in galway, and looking for a coin sorter to sort out a bunch of spare change and count it.

They're called kids. Should be a few kicking around your house/street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Seapoint in Salthill have a sorter / counter there I think they charge 2.9% but it's cheap compared to others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Thanks, but I am looking for one of the ones that banks and shops use. They are €130 on ebay, but I will just need it about once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

You could try some of the charity places in town, or a place like Cheshire House in Roscam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks, but I am looking for one of the ones that banks and shops use. They are €130 on ebay, but I will just need it about once a year.

Then wouldn't it take you about 40+ years to make a saving on buying one vs use the commission one? :)

Seapoint FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Or Tesco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Or Tesco's.

What's the rate for coins at Tesco? Thought they were high but maybe not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

9.5% I think.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

The coin sorter in Salthill arcade (Seapoint) only takes 2.9% which is a big saving. I use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Buy it, and then offer it to one of the charities that don't have one on condition that you can use it when you need to.
    Everybody wins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement