Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up mobile nail technician business

Options
  • 07-10-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi can anyone give me an idea of how much I can earn doing gel nails? The course is quite expensive so I'm wondering wether it will be cost effective after paying for the course and the equipment. I live in a village/town in tipperary and would like to do it part time as I have 2 children too. Mobile or renting a room in a salon would be fine too. If any mobile nail technicians could give me any advice it would be much appreciated,
    Thanks, Anna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I personally don't think it's worth it.
    For example. I can do shellac and charge 30 euro for it. (25 at home)
    It takes me 30 minutes tops. In one hour, I can do 2 and earn 50 (at home) or 60 (in the salon)

When I do a set of gel nails, with 5 years experience it takes me about one hour and a half and I can charge 40 euro.
    Refills take me pretty much the same length of time for 35 euro.

So when people ask if I do gel nails, the easiest answer is no I don't, because it's not worth my time.

Also, you'll do the course but starting out you'll take way longer doing it and you'll have to practice (for free or for very very little) until you're good enough to charge.

Advertisement