Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky ireland, illegal tv advertising

Options
  • 07-10-2015 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one,
    Noticed a tv ad this evening, sky advertising tv bundle with box set for 25 euro.

The ad clearly say it will be same price for 12 months. The sky website acknowladges that the price goes up on 01-12-15

Is this not an illegal false advertisment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

allibastor wrote: »
    Just a quick one,
    Noticed a tv ad this evening, sky advertising tv bundle with box set for 25 euro.

The ad clearly say it will be same price for 12 months. The sky website acknowladges that the price goes up on 01-12-15

Is this not an illegal false advertisment

You can put in a complaint to the asai.
    Mention time date and channel.you can do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The ASAI will uphold your complaint and they'll get minorly embarrassed in the press over it but no more.

I reported UPC for the same thing last time they did it and the complaint that got upheld was a far more detailed one sent in by Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The standard price is going up, there's nothing to say that you won't actually get the discounted package for €25 for the 12 months though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

They say it when you go to buy the package, which i did yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I got a flyer in the door re the same offer. It says the channels with HD but when I asked HD was not included. Positively misleading.

• Advertisement

allibastor wrote: »
    They say it when you go to buy the package, which i did yesterday.

yep. Seems to be the case alright.

EMtiTT.jpg

unhTDW.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Sky have now confirmed this deal won't increase.

365023.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I made a complaint about another company and it took a year for them to sort it, company had finished the misleading campaign 6 months at that stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I had saved a conversation with one of their sales reps also, don't know how to post it.
    Was told that the increase wont affect me for 12 months, but then in the same chat line was told that the increase hasn't been communicated to the sales staff

Advertisement