If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG LF630V 43" / 49" - Freesat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

mackers

check reviews on richersounds . com lg-49lf630v page no reviews on .ie 

most LG TV's DO have Lnb in for sat connection and can recieve Freesat HD channels via astra 28 or whatever satellite your dish is fixed for, only downside i found on the tuner/set-up is  that you cant organise them, but you can add to Fav Groups etc, minor  bug bear, add a hard drive and record freesat or rte etc via time machine app  built in. but you cant watch another channel while recording from TV, but you can change inputs so watch saorview or a sky box via different input is fine

brilliant Tv's with superb picture quality IMHO

John Kenny Dave in shop, your specs page say that this TV has no Freesat tuner did you realise ?

Warren

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

wozza wrote: »
    mackers

check reviews on richersounds . com lg-49lf630v page no reviews on .ie 

most LG TV's DO have Lnb in for sat connection and can recieve Freesat HD channels via astra 28 or whatever satellite your dish is fixed for, only downside i found on the tuner/set-up is  that you cant organise them, but you can add to Fav Groups etc, minor  bug bear, add a hard drive and record freesat or rte etc via time machine app  built in. but you cant watch another channel while recording from TV, but you can change inputs so watch saorview or a sky box via different input is fine

brilliant Tv's with superb picture quality IMHO

John Kenny Dave in shop, your specs page say that this TV has no Freesat tuner did you realise ?

Warren
    Hi Wozza etc,

Sorry for the confusion  on this one. The reason on this one is that the spec says its not Freesat HD which is actually correct. It does have a freesat connection, and as per above it will find freesat channels, but it doesn't provide the TV Guide etc as its freesat HD is needed for this, and as you say you can't organise the channels either

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Hi Brian,

Sorry I am also confused on this one... What is this press release saying?
    I thought it is saying that the freesat channels would have TV guide..

I am also looking at Sony KDL50W755. I looked at it in a shop yesterday and the assistant said it had a TV guide, the channels would be on the same position all the time and it would re tune itself, and dismissed the press release and said 'that would only work in the U.K.'....

Satalite functions are important to me as I don't have sky etc, so I have kinda narrowed down my TV to the Sony or the LG 630v

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ok - Most LG TV's and a lot of the Sony models DO have a Free to Air satellite decoder / Tuner built in.

The current range of LG / Sony DONT have a Freesat HD decoder ( which gives enhanced EPG - much like the Sky programme guide ) its brilliant and once you have used it you never want to go back to a standard Free to Air EPG.

It looks like LG have opted to go back into the Freesat HD camp which would be brill - and it looks like it will be available via online software update - we will check it out in-store on one of our sets and revert, but you can assume that it will work ( and it seems not just on the new models - it looks like most smart and satellite tuner equipped LG's will get this via software upgrade, yippie :) )

http://www.whathifi.com/news/lg-adds-freesat-and-extra-channels-to-new-tv-range

Keep us posted,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201217-43lf630v.aspx

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201218-49lf630v.aspx

According to the Freesat site http://www.freesat.co.uk/about-freesat/whats-new Freesat will be on the LF630V TV range

Can you confirm if either of the TVs you have for sale have Freesat

Many thanks
    Any update regarding Freesat being available on these 2 models

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just a thought but will the Freesat 8 day guide work on TV's in republic, as my understanding is that it will be internet driven and the IP address will not be UK based ?

I know Freesat STB's can be fooled with UK postcodes entered so the 8 day guide shows on the box, but a friend who has a Sony Bravia android TV cant get the 8 day guide due to this problem only a 'now & next' on the guide.

Warren

Just a thought but will the Freesat 8 day guide work on TV's in republic, as my understanding is that it will be internet driven and the IP address will not be UK based ?

I know Freesat STB's can be fooled with UK postcodes entered so the 8 day guide shows on the box, but a friend who has a Sony Bravia android TV cant get the 8 day guide due to this problem only a 'now & next' on the guide.

Warren
    To be honest we're not 100% sure here in the shop. John is out of the office today, but I'll revert to him to see if he would know more on it

Cheers
    brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Hi again

Is there any chance of checking to see if any of your LG LF630V TVs have the new software and are showing Freesat instead of the generic 'now and next' service on the satellite feed?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

I'm too interested in the Freesat capability in the LG 43LF630V. Can it do HD channels and EPG?
    Also, how does it stand a comparison with SONY KDL-43W755C?
    Thanks,

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mackersdublin and Walus.

Apologies for the delay.

We still have had no stock on this screen in store to be able to connect it up and test for you.

@ Walus - I like the Sony better myself. Better picture and much much more from the smart features using the android system. 
    The 43W755 currently priced at 699.00 euro (Inc Delivery and FREE 6 year Guarantee)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201391-bravia-kdl43w755cbu.aspx?swapstore=1

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny. I got the quote from John on PM for the Sony already and I replied to it last week. I'm still waiting to hear from him on this. Is he out of office/very busy?

I use Freesat a lot via an external box and if there was an option to get a TV that has a well supported Freesat tuner it would be a big thing for me. I know Sony has the sat tuner in it as well but I know nothing as to what it is capable of and if it works with Freesat SD/HD channels. LG on the other hand have announced the Freesat support and although picture wise inferior to current Sony TVs overall it could be a very good TV too.

Thanks, 

Walus

I just got the KDL43W756 CSU (same as 755 I believe) from that other big uk elec retailer based down here for same price as Kenny quoted you but without 6 year guarantee and delivery (collect from Sligo) This was purchased under duress as it was the only in stock TV in store with a built in sat tuner. I went in for the LG but was out of stock and  they can get one in for me within 14 days !!!!

The 18 month old LG I own which is a 42" 3D model has cracking picture quality but I can say in all honesty the Sony walks all over it, picture  and sound is not just better its superior and the added bonus of Android 5.1 onboard, to download apps like Plex, Kodi games etc. something you cant do with LG as far as I'm aware, it block downloads from its web browser.

It only has a now next TV guide for Freesat but a 7 day for saorview. all HD channels are there in crystal clarity. record facility is built in but the app to doit hasnt been released by Sony they are estimating a christmas drop  off for sony user's but there are other ways you can download the progs  ;-)

All in all an excellent TV and well worth the money and apologies for not getting it from you guys but I was decorating and dropped my TV while mounting it back on the wall, and I needed one like day before yesterday. should of been more patient !!

Warren

Thanks Warren for your comments. Do you get HD freesat channels on the Sony, or just SD?

@ Wozza.

Thanks for the info on the Sony :D

The 756 is the same as the 755 only a silver frame I believe.

@ Walus - Wozza wrote "It only has a now next TV guide for Freesat but a 7 day for saorview. all HD channels are there in crystal clarity" So looks like its all good with the Sony.

@ Kenny. To me is rather unclear what Wozza means by "all HD channels". I asked him above to confirm. If that is the case it would be fantastic.
    Thanks,

walus wrote: »
    @ Kenny. To me is rather unclear what Wozza means by "all HD channels". I asked him above to confirm. If that is the case it would be fantastic.
    Thanks,
    Hey Walus.

I think he means that he gets all the free to air HD channels that come with FreeSat HD.
    Hopefully he will confirm.

All the available HD channels via Freesat mate, including regional ITV & BBC Hd lIke scotland wales etc.

want any more info just ask or PM me, I may take a day to get back but get on most mornings and some evenings,

The sony also operates the YHT1810 surround system beautifully

Also just downloaded the sony sideview app and this gives a 7 day epg for Freesat, Sky and other channels on your tablet/smartphone and an extra remaote but I m lead to believe this is only compatable with some phones cant confirm. Im using google nexus 7.

@ wozza
    That sounds great I must say. Sony it is then.

I went in to see the LG vs Sony comparison in the shop here and I must say that Sony looks like a better/nicer TV. On the plus side it is one of very few TVs that actually fit onto the Canton DM50 that I bought.

Thanks,

Get it from the Lads @ richer, wish I had and got a free 6 year warranty/Delivery

has a lot of apps pre-installed like netflix etc does the sony but if you need any help with other better apps to install send me a PM

Get it from the Lads @ richer, wish I had and got a free 6 year warranty/Delivery

has a lot of apps pre-installed like netflix etc does the sony but if you need any help with other better apps to install send me a PM
    Thanks for the help, and the recommendations Wozza :pac:

Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Apogee

Walus

I just got the KDL43W756 CSU (same as 755 I believe) from that other big uk elec retailer based down here for same price

It only has a now next TV guide for Freesat but a 7 day for saorview. all HD channels are there in crystal clarity. record facility is built in but the app to doit hasnt been released by Sony they are estimating a christmas drop off for sony user's but there are other ways you can download the progs ;-)
    Some Sony TVs support a full 7-day EPG for Free-to-air satellite by pulling down the EPG data from the internet directly to the TV. Can you see any option for to launch a Gracenote Guide or Powered by Gracenote?

https://community.sony.ie/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-tv-epg-quot-no-event-information-quot-on-freesat/td-p/1749757/page/2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94065705&postcount=11

367877.jpg

Hey Apogee.

Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

@wozza and walus,

how are you finding this TV now?

Has it good viewing angles from underneath/sides?

Any problems running it disconnected from the Internet, do you have to register it with Google to update Firmware? Is their voice activation/cameras on it?

I see they still haven't got the Firmware upgraded to where it will let you record, will it playback x265/Hevc files from USB?  

Hi _Tombstone_ as a matter of fact I haven't bought the TV yet. Super busy at work the last two weeks. I'll be ordering it next week though.

Hi _Tombstone_ as a matter of fact I haven't bought the TV yet. Super busy at work the last two weeks. I'll be ordering it next week though.
    Hey Walus.

Give us a shout when you are thinking of pulling the trigger :D

Tombstone

Have to say after some misgivings I am very happy with the Sony, The HDD record function doesnt work at mo but promised by 24/12/15 according to Sony support website, Google Play store is a bit restricted and only Sony approved games/apps can be D/L directly to the TV, however Kodi is an accepted one ?? but this can all be got round with the Android boxes available.

The USB stick playback has been good with the few files I have watched but I couldnt say what format they were in as I didnt D/L the ones I watched.

It does have voice activation & search functions via the extra remote which you can buy, and will run without internet connected but services may be restricted, It runs on Android 5.1 and from what I believe Sony are slow on upgrading (if ever) for Android O/S, As for google I just created a new account for use on the TV only 

I have wall mounted mine with centre of Tv about 1500 mm from ground and viewing is good from all angles including directly side on

I would rate the Sony  KDL43W756CSU at 9.5 out of 10 only losing the 1/2 mark due to Sony limiting Google Play services and not having USB record on Launch, other manufacturers have it so how difficult can it be ??

Warren

Tombstone

Have to say after some misgivings I am very happy with the Sony, The HDD record function doesnt work at mo but promised by 24/12/15 according to Sony support website, Google Play store is a bit restricted and only Sony approved games/apps can be D/L directly to the TV, however Kodi is an accepted one ?? but this can all be got round with the Android boxes available.

The USB stick playback has been good with the few files I have watched but I couldnt say what format they were in as I didnt D/L the ones I watched.

It does have voice activation & search functions via the extra remote which you can buy, and will run without internet connected but services may be restricted, It runs on Android 5.1 and from what I believe Sony are slow on upgrading (if ever) for Android O/S, As for google I just created a new account for use on the TV only 

I have wall mounted mine with centre of Tv about 1500 mm from ground and viewing is good from all angles including directly side on

I would rate the Sony  KDL43W756CSU at 9.5 out of 10 only losing the 1/2 mark due to Sony limiting Google Play services and not having USB record on Launch, other manufacturers have it so how difficult can it be ??

Warren
    Many thanks for the post Wozza.
    Always good to hear feedback from the end user

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnthonyB

I just bought a Sony KDL-43W755C two days ago and there's a problem with the EPG, and some networking issues. 

Broadly speaking it's a super TV. But the EPG on satellite is a pain in the ass. I have three major sources - NAS, Saorview aerial, and satellite (freeview, no sub). The NAS is fine for movies and video through KODI, which runs natively...there are some buffering issues, but that may be some config stuff I need to work through. Broadly I'm ok with that. I had been running KODI on a Raspberry PI, and worst case scenario I can run that again, though I shouldn't have to. 

I can't get music to come through either KODI or the Android Music App from the NAS. It's odd, because I can navigate to the music MP3s in the ES File Explorer, select the track, then play it in the Music App or in KODI...but I can't get to the MP3 files directly. That said, I had this issue on the Raspberry Pi before the new TV, so possibly - probably - my router / WiFi / NAS issue. 

The EPG is definitely a Sony prosblem though. The Saorview EPG works fine, it seems. But the Satellite EPG is full of "No Information Found"...it's a real pain. There's some bug in the system not pulling down the information from the Internet. I don't know what it is. There was a hack published which fixed it for earlier TVs, but a new firmware update this year made the hack not possible, and it seems we're stuck with a dud EPG until they fix it. Or until I return the TV....which as I said is pretty awesome otherwise....

Happy to answer any other questions you have on the Sony.

AB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Folks,

I'm closing this thread as it has run its course at this stage; the original posters query has been answered (I think) in the ensuing posts. Please feel free to continue any discussion on these subjects in the Home Entertainment Forums.

@walus,

You mentioned being interested in getting a new TV - please feel free to open a new thread for any query for Richersounds.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.