Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime with Mary Wilson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The attack dog Lenihan out of the traps like husky, the deep breathing, the funeral delivery, the doomsday presentation style all in presence to wind up the population.

The whole place is up in a heap, if you were to take heed of that scone.

Time to contact Massey.

He's a dose, Brenn.

Regardless of what he's talking about it all seems like an "act".

Same with Brian O Donovan in the US. Dancing around, jumping at the camera and gesticulating with his free hand like a loon.

I'd rather more substance and less theatrics from the "station of record"..

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

It was said that "it could not be determined who owned the property", whatever that implies.

RTE are saying that the eviction was deemed invalid

• Registered Users Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Damien does quite well .......but........ serious issue...... the ‘a,s’ ...listen out especially when he goes ‘off piste’

Used to be a soccer reporter who had the same problem... cant think of his name.

“ And -a -Giles gets the- a -ball in the -a -centre circle -a -over to -a -Dunphy, -a -loses it to -a-.

Listen out...... especially off piste... not scripted.

Gabriel Egan... is the guy I couldn’t think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Latest all rounder Damien O'Reilly standing in for Mary this evening.

What next for Damien , The Rose of Trallee, the late late?

Good luck to him, he'd be able for any of them.

He could work on his pronunciation however.

imme wrote: »
    Latest all rounder Damien O'Reilly standing in for Mary this evening.

What next for Damien , The Rose of Trallee, the late late?

Good luck to him, he'd be able for any of them.

He could work on his pronunciation however.

Yes ..nothing against Damien doing well

Geezer now on didn’t get his name ... only 26 out of 7k were in breach.

Now he lauded those statistics but didn’t say what happened to the 26?

Kelly misses the whole point on GAA games, it’s not the stadium size it’s the gathering before ......before... the game.

• Advertisement

Here’s the attack dog ...... watch for the funereal delivery coupled with gloom and doom.

Out of the traps like an otter.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Here’s the attack dog ...... watch for the funereal delivery coupled with gloom and doom.

Out of the traps like an otter.......
    LOL.

Perhaps you've explained it before, Brenner... why do you refer to him as the attack dog?

TBH (of the choice of two), I'd rather Barry than George telling us we're all going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Michael oleary givin it welly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That shyster micky o Leary on RTÉ drivetime ranting and raving at the presenter

Sounds v rattled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Not defending Motormouth O'Leary in any way but Mary doing a poor job here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

a right ding dong

o'leary v wilson

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

He's big on the facts, every second word is fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

dvcireland wrote: »
    a right ding dong

o'leary v wilson

Oh leary won hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Wilson is a terrible interviewer she constantly talks over people never gives them a chance to make a point very frustrating to listen to her

Wilson is rattled, signaled to the corner to throw in the towel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Wilson is rattled, signaled to the corner to throw in the towel

Back to the corner, if she can find it!

Vested interest again...... wants to get his tin into the popular countries.

And doesn’t give a flying furk if this country collapses in a haze of virus,it seems, based on the interview today.

That’s how the cookie crumbles........ would anyone suggest that FR might be bothered if the hospitals here were jammed with Covid cases....

I’ll leave that one open for debate.

Back to the corner, if she can find it!

Thats Duffy and now Wilson comprehensively schooled by the Mullingar Mauler, whos next to make it a hat trick??

Thats Duffy and now Wilson comprehensively schooled by the Mullingar Mauler, whos next to make it a hat trick??

I would like to see him on LLS with Ryan in a mini-confrontation!

All he did was call ‘fake news’ on everything.

Keep shouting like that and denying everything and you will win a lot of radio arguments.

Neither of them came out of this with any respect from this poster.

• Advertisement

And doesn’t give a flying furk if this country collapses in a haze of virus,it seems, based on the interview today.

That’s how the cookie crumbles........ would anyone suggest that FR might be bothered if the hospitals here were jammed with Covid cases....

I’ll leave that one open for debate.

The airlines are in a very precarious state at the moment, it's a fight for life for O'Leary. The aviation industry is on its knees except for the cargo sector. Don't know how Ryanair will come out if it, or even if they come out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Not defending Motormouth O'Leary in any way but Mary doing a poor job here.

Was very surprised the last time I saw O'Leary on the TV, he looked very haggard and old. I mean the airline is going down the pan because of this whole COVID nonsense, so it is only natural to expect him to be desperate. No such financial problems for Mary Wilson, she'll be living on the state for the rest of her life, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The airlines are in a very precarious state at the moment, it's a fight for life for O'Leary. The aviation industry is on its knees except for the cargo sector. Don't know how Ryanair will come out if it, or even if they come out of it.

Ryanair have enough cash resources to close tonight for a year ,pay all their overheads and reopen in 12 months time with cash in the Bank.

It is indeed and the cargo sector won’t keep it in the air.

Unfortunately the measures needed to control the most vicious virus possibly ever to hit the world are diametrically opposed to any kind of travel as seen by the medical people.

One has to evaluate the vested interest in the argument and the stuff which is at stake.

Put simply, FR want their flights to leave and bring their clients in and out of the country, the medical people see big problems with that scenario for the countries population in virus spread

Will the State allow the countries citizens to be threatened by such a risk?

Will FR get involved if the countries hospitals are over run as an indirect result

Only one answer to that conundrum.

Was very surprised the last time I saw O'Leary on the TV, he looked very haggard and old. I mean the airline is going down the pan because of this whole COVID nonsense, so it is only natural to expect him to be desperate. No such financial problems for Mary Wilson, she'll be living on the state for the rest of her life, guaranteed.

Should have packed it in and relaxed about 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I would like to see him on LLS with Ryan in a mini-confrontation!

We can but dream !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

If the debate had lasted another couple of minutes, Wilson would have had a cauliflower ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

somone opened a can of whoop-ass

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Wilson is a terrible interviewer she constantly talks over people never gives them a chance to make a point very frustrating to listen to her

More or less stopped listening to Drivetime. She’s woeful, has the personality of a cardboard box and reminds me of a bitch of a teacher from school years ago who thought she knew it all ...teaching English and religion...

RTE have a gift for lining up useless female presenters like Wilson, Clair Byrne, Mcinerney, Thomas, Hannnon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

I didn't hear the Wilson v O'Leary thing live but listened back (thanks for the link dvcireland).

That's not how I heard it at all. Just because Michael O'Leary is a straight talker and 'tells it like it is' doesn't mean he's always right. Not directed at you personally, but I think a lot of people assume O'Leary's points are always 'right' because of his persona...the facts can get a bit lost in the bluster.

All he did was call ‘fake news’ on everything.

Keep shouting like that and denying everything and you will win a lot of radio arguments.

Neither of them came out of this with any respect from this poster.

Pretty much how I heard it.

The fact that Eoghan Corry is uploading this interview on his Youtube page says it all too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement