Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT Takeover: Respect - 7th October 2015 *SPOILERS*

• 07-10-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

nxt_takeover_respect_wallpaper_by_momen_aly-d9b1p0n.png

Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe vs. The Mechanics (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs. Baron Corbin and Rhyno

Apollo Crews vs Tyler Breeze

Asuka vs Dana Brooke

Bayley vs Sasha Banks
    James Storm IS backstage :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

looking forward to this sadly cant stay up for it damm work. ill try to avoid any spoilers till after the Ireland match tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Apollo Crews...

Oh dear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Since when has balor being acting the rock n rolla gimmick ? Defo think he will turn heel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

This whole card has been very fun so far.

Breeze is underrated. I reckon he be the next one called up to the main roster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Banger of a show thus far. Not a fan of Corbin or Brooke though.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Banger of a show thus far. Not a fan of Corbin or Brooke though.

Thought both did fine, Gable and Corbin worked really well together and Brooke is good for someone wrestling less then a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

For every Takeover show, the NXT women really bring a brand new level to women's wrestling that we have never seen before in WWE or even in wrestling period and that is what we saw with Bayley vs. Sasha.

The undercard was fairly enjoyable as well. My only gripe was that I wanted Gable and Jordan to win the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

mxph3 wrote: »
    For every Takeover show, the NXT women really bring a brand new level to women's wrestling that we have never seen before in WWE or even in wrestling period and that is what we saw with Bayley vs. Sasha.

The undercard was fairly enjoyable as well. My only gripe was that I wanted Gable and Jordan to win the tournament.

Ye, AJW of the early to mid 90's want a word about that.

Even though it's nowhere near as accessible and doesn't receive the acclaim that the NXT women are receiving, the top of the card in Stardom us something else entirely to WWE/NXT.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It bothers me that no actual tag team even got to the final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Really enjoyable show. Not a single bad match. Finn/Joe v The Mechanics was all about the story of Balors knee and both teams worked hard and it was a really good tag match with a great pace.

Rhyno/Corbin v JJ/GG was without a doubt Corbins best match to date. Gable is seriously over in Full Sail. Another fun match with a really good finishing sequence even if some ppl didnt like the result.

Apollo Crews v Tyler Breeze was another solid outing by Tyler. He took the majority of the match and as I say somebody on Twitter say it was almost as if they were testing Crews to see if he could sell like a top line babyface and he definitely passed that test. New finisher too which is always a nice surprise.

Asuka v Dana was top notch for a debut match. I will readily admit to not being a Dana fan but she more than pulled her weight in this match. Asuka is a star. Not going to be a star, she IS a star now.

Finn/Joe v Rhyno/Corbin Not the final anybody wanted but was another fine tag match. Story was all about Finns injury and everyone worked hard. Loved the presentation and Codys speech afterwards. Felt like such a big deal. And the swerve was there was no swerve.

Bayley v Sasha was another great match in their series. Not quite to the level of Brooklyn IMO but it was damn close. Both sold perfectly as the match went longer. Bayleys work on Sashas hand playing into the climatic finish was wonderful storytelling. Sasha heeling it up and mouthing at Izzy ( Bayleys fangirl ) and then stealing her hairband was BRILLIANT. And I have no doubt the kid was in on it. Another 4* + match for Sasha. She has gotta be in contention for WWE wrestler of the year.

Minor gripe would be Stephanie sitting with Lita, Charlotte and Becky as if she has influenced this whole thing. Why not let Sarah Del Ray or Natalya or Emma be there in her place, you know women that have actually contributed to NXT. And then once again Steph is front and centre for the "closing ceremony". Just infuriating.

Ye, AJW of the early to mid 90's want a word about that.

Even though it's nowhere near as accessible and doesn't receive the acclaim that the NXT women are receiving, the top of the card in Stardom us something else entirely to WWE/NXT.

I knew someone was going to come along and say that. lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I only watch the Takeover specials, so its weird getting a snapshot every few weeks of whats happening. I suppose it shows the quality of the shows that I don't mind not seeing the builds, as the recaps of stories and then matches themselves are so good, it more than makes up for that lack of knowledge.

Watching through the show now anyway.

Don't know when Finn dropped the demonic entrance for his non-demonic costume, but it works so, so much better. The crawling is great for the demonic Finn, but looks weird on the non-demonic Finn, so really liked it.

No idea who Gabble is, but the crowd seemed to like him. Looks wise, reminds me of a young Angle.

Apollo Crews seems such a natural top level babyface. Just seems to have crazy charisma.

Gonna sit down and enjoy the main event now...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh my God, I love Sasha....

I don't think any match was less then ** 1/2-***, incredibly fun and solid 2 hours. It absolutely flew by too. Strong storytelling from top the bottom.

It's staggering how this can be the same company that produces RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Great show, it was almost like a double-turn at the end. Tag semis were surprisingly fantastic too, show didn't drag at all!

Props to Dana too, she's getting much better quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I haven't seen the main event yet but it was another very good show & I've no doubt that the main event delivers too. Just a few thoughts:

Finn looked ridiculously cool in his entrance & I really hope the 'demon' paint only comes out on rare occasions on main roster. By rare I mean as a mind game he resorts to in order to finally defeat a tough rival after a back & forth important feud, not something that's trotted out on random PPVs for merchandising reasons. The only exception to this might be his debut/first feud PPV.

I'd like to see Corbin & Rhyno competing as a tag team for a bit while Corbin keeps improving.

Asuka looks a star already. The colourful attire mixed with her intimidating natural presence worked well imo before the match even started.

With good booking Apollo Crews could be a huge deal on the main roster.

Tyler Breeze is awesome.

The crowd chanting Gable's name to Kurt Angle's theme was good, himself & Jordan look a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I knew someone was going to come along and say that. lol

That's literally what I'm here for, to lend context to things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Really enjoyable show.

The first match was what was expected. The BrainBusters 2k15 aka Wilder and Dawson did a fine job and I really enjoyed the story of a well oiled team against a pair of main eventers recently thrown together. The subtle tension between Joe and Balor,as well as Balors much cooler entrance had me thinking a heel turn was imminent in the final.

Rhyno/Corbin v JJ/GG was a fun match. Gable and Jordans amateur offence and general rapport with each other is extremely entertaining. I look forward to whatever the future holds for them. Corbin was fine as was his partner Rhyno, however I’m just sick of the man beast at this stage.

Apollo Crews v Tyler Breeze was a good match but it fell short of my expectations. Breeze is solid in his gate keeper role but I felt this match was a little flat. Crews sold too much for my liking of a man of his size kayfabe wise, and I feel he is holding back more of his athletic arsenal. Id love to see Breeze move to the main roster but I’d hate to see him leave.

Asuka v Dana was great for a debut. Asuka looked strong and Brooke played her part well in what was her best showing to date. No complaints about this one.

Finn/Joe v Rhyno/Corbin a fine bout and a classy way to end the tournament. The right team won and it made the tournament end on a highly credible note. No swerve but thats not a bad thing, NXT can afford to slow burn this and Ill watch patiently.

Bayley v Sasha was a great match but not as good as their previous one at Brooklyn. The Ironman gimmick held them back a bit considering you knew when it was going to end but it still rocked. Sasha showed how great a heel should by and Bayley showed a tremendous amount of aggression which can do nothing but raise her stock as a champion. Great stuff.

One thing this show did, it left me wanting more and Im dying for the next chapter in NXT as they build to London. Balor v Joe? Bayley v a number of challengers (my guess is Nia Jax, though Emma would have been my original choice prior to Asuka v Brooke) , a wholehost of possible tag team contenders to go against the Vaudevillians ? Breeze possibly v Regal? I cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That Iron Woman match flew by for me. It felt shorter than their last match, even though it was obviously longer. There were a few moments I got really caught up in it, marking out. Apollo Crews is great and hopefully they give him the sort of push that he deserves. While on NXT I have every faith he'll get what he deserves, but not so sure on the main roster. Jordan & Gable were brilliant in their match but I was pretty happy to see Rhyno & Corbin go over them because I knew the crowd would be all over the place for the final otherwise. I thought Finn & Joe were great and was delighted that they won. It would be great if they held off on either one turning on the other for a while.

• Advertisement

Every match told a story. Every match felt important and everyone(winners and losers) got more over then before the match.

Sasha heeling it up to Izzy was A+ level heel work.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Every match told a story. Every match felt important and everyone(winners and losers) got more over then before the match.

Sasha heeling it up to Izzy was A+ level heel work.

It used to be heel wrestling 101, the art has died in the era of B A STAR.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

NXT specials just never fail to deliver.

They are also done in a very classy way like the Rhodes Bros (minus Star/Goldust getup) presenting the trophy or the end with Sasha and Bayley.

Actually these specials tend to end in a very meaningful way, other examples being the 4 horsewoman in Brooklyn or Owens turning on Zayn.

The newer recruits (Crews/Asuka) look like stars already while the development peeps are def developing. Dana and Corbin for instance looked the best i'd seen them here. The tag division looks very strong again too with The Mechanics / Jordan & Gable stepping it up despite their loses.

really nothing not to like and NXT is in a very strong position heading towards the show in London.

I dislike looking at Baron Corbin, I really feel they paired him with Rhyno to make him look more presentable by comparison but even the Man Beast looks easier on the eyes than Corbin.

His greasey balding hair, his pudgy gut, his annoying looking tights and his Trigger from Only fools have horses mug just make my eyes hurt.

That being said he wrestled fine last night, thats 2 Takeovers in a while hes been better than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great show. Think everything has been said that can be said. But that Iron Man match proved what stars both women can be on the main roster. Just hope Sasha is properly let loose now on the main roster.

Also just to add to the comments on Dana, I haven't been a fan of her on NXT but I'll admit she has shown great improvement and actually looked decent against Asuka.

Do you think we'll see Breeze brought up soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Caught the end of the show last night by chance and have watched the show through the day.

It's mental to think that this is the same company that produces raw and the ppvs. Asuka is a star with her in ring ablity and her facial expressions in paticular are superb. Dana Brooke impressed me in the match big time as she held her own.

The dusty Rhodes stuff was beautifully done. No face paint just his kids and wife. Classy stuff.

The main event was great. It's scary to think that bayley and Sasha are so good yet so young. Both are stars and Sasha banks is the complete package at only 23 years old. I loved Sasha and the glorious heel actions with Izzy.

The only thing that annoyed me and maybe it shouldn't annoy me or suprise me is Stephanie being at ringside and then front and centre at the end. Triple h and regal and sara amato deserved to be at the front.those three have done huge things with nxt but what has Stephanie done ? That divas revolution isn't looking that great right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Stephanie still answers to her father at the end of the day. Besides that I think it was poignant to have her and Lita at ringside, since they were in the first women's match to ever main event a WWE show back in 2000.

Sasha stole a headband or tiara off of Bailey's superfan which made her cry. I think Sasha gave the kid her flowers after the show went off-air. Even William Regal had teary eyes at the end.

CQwnAckU8AAF3x0.jpg

https://streamable.com/vthr

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The PPV/Live Specials for the main roster should stick with the NXT style booking. The entertainment style on tv would be more fun and interesting if we knew it would lead to a quality wrestling show each month.

• Advertisement

We can just keep holding hope for the future with shows like this consistently exceeding expectations. I am majorly pumped for the London one now. What do you think we'll see there?

That's literally what I'm here for, to lend context to things.

So are you trying to say that NXT women matches are nothing compared to Japanese women matches during early to mid 90's?

I don't know much about Japanese wrestling in general, because I particularly don't like the style of wrestling. So it's different strokes with different folks.

I don't think that was what was being said at all. I'd be interested in seeing some of the AJW stuff personally if it's in any way similar to what we've been seeing this year from NXT.

Look up Manami Toyota matches. There are some on YouTube. Solid women's wrestling is not new, Becky Lynch had some great matches ten years ago in USA. It was in front of about 100 people for DvD but still, NXT is not doing anything new and looking at how Trips and Steph are trying to take credit should give an idea to their motivations.

Did they try to take credit for anything that the women did though? Believe me, I'm not a huge Triple H loyalist by any stretch of the imagination but I didn't think that was the case there. I've looked at some of the old Becky Lynch matches, anything I've seen has been great.

Steph was all over the "diva's revolution" on Raw. Trips was in the ring giving Bailey the flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

beakerjoe wrote: »
    His greasey balding hair, his pudgy gut, his annoying looking tights and his Trigger from Only fools have horses mug just make my eyes hurt..

:eek: what has been seen can never be unseen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was that Sara that was taking care of Sasha?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Yeah that was Sara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Steph was all over the "diva's revolution" on Raw. Trips was in the ring giving Bailey the flowers.

Part of me is happy Steph has taken "credit" for the Divas Revolution on RAW, since it's such a failure/embarrassment. It's such a shame women get treated so badly as soon as they graduate to the main roster.

Look up Manami Toyota matches. There are some on YouTube. Solid women's wrestling is not new, Becky Lynch had some great matches ten years ago in USA. It was in front of about 100 people for DvD but still, NXT is not doing anything new and looking at how Trips and Steph are trying to take credit should give an idea to their motivations.

I have and the matches that I have checked out on Youtube didn't really hold my interest like NXT women matches that we have seen on Takeover shows.

I understand many people would say Japanese wrestling is the best form of wrestling, but I have never cared for it in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

On the make side I am liking the changes for Finn. The more like heel New Japan Devitt he becomes the better.

Apollo Crews from the Indy signings looks like a future star. From development I hope Jordan and Gable keep getting put forward, could be class opponents for New Day. Jordan would be the next Reigns I guess.

Joe has a great intensity about him. Looks like an NXT brand signing but could be really good on TV for them for a couple of years. The way he carries himself would be great for a feud with Rollins, Cena or Owens.

DM_7 wrote: »
    On the make side I am liking the changes for Finn. The more like heel New Japan Devitt he becomes the better.

Apollo Crews from the Indy signings looks like a future star. From development I hope Jordan and Gable keep getting put forward, could be class opponents for New Day. Jordan would be the next Reigns I guess.

Joe has a great intensity about him. Looks like an NXT brand signing but could be really good on TV for them for a couple of years. The way he carries himself would be great for a feud with Rollins, Cena or Owens.

Wyatt vs Joe would be pure money

I'd like to see Samoa Joe vs. Seth Rollins really. I was expecting him to be hotshotted by now.

ricero wrote: »
    Wyatt vs Joe would be pure money

It would kill any momentuem Joe has. Id keep anyone decent away from them lads.

On the contrary, Joe, I think Roman Reigns has finally begun to find himself during this feud.

On the contrary, Joe, I think Roman Reigns has finally begun to find himself during this feud.

Id say thats more down to Roman making the best out of a bad situation rather than Wyatt and he being a brilliant feud. Wyatt stalled Ambrose last year and its almost the same type of feud except I suspect Wyatt not coming out on top like he did with Ambrose.

Wyatt is a great worker, but his character sucks the life out of any feud hes been in through out the last year.

I really think he's in the same position that The Undertaker was in in the mid 1990s, where they wanted him to be a big star, and consistently booked him as such, but they just didn't expand on his character for a long time, where they probably should have done so.

Advertisement