Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse/ Rubbish collection

Options
  • 07-10-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Im not quite sure if BA is the best area for this question? - I've searched boards and havent found this topic, apologies if this not

Does anyone know who is the most competitive rubbish/ refuse provider in the south dublin area? Most of these providers dont actually list their rates on their website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

You'd be better off in the Dublin subforum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

this thread is rubbish... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

City bin do a €5 per month plan with free green bin and €9 to lift the black.

With five of us the black goes out once every 3 month as we have a waste disposal in the sink.

Just under a hundred per year.

I'm in DCC not South Dublin mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Im not quite sure if BA is the best area for this question? - I've searched boards and havent found this topic, apologies if this not

Does anyone know who is the most competitive rubbish/ refuse provider in the south dublin area? Most of these providers dont actually list their rates on their website

Better off in BA requests or Dublin Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

a good way to know is to look at your neighbors' bins... in an area in Tallaght for example most people have Greyhound or Thornton, while the latter has fixed fees which you can check online, I would suggest you call the former as it seems their prices vary on a frequent basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

City bin do a €5 per month plan with free green bin and €9 to lift the black.

With five of us the black goes out once every 3 month as we have a waste disposal in the sink.

Just under a hundred per year.

I'm in DCC not South Dublin mind you

CB have a max weight per lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Most of these providers dont actually list their rates on their website
    who did you look at? panda and greenstar both did last time I checked.
    There was a thread comparing the 2 and they were very similar, it would depend on your expected routine as to which is cheaper.

in the S dublin forum, as suggested
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93748206
    AdpRo wrote: »
    I was jsut looking into this. There are rates published on Greenstar website:

http://www.greenstar.ie/external-forms/index.php

Comparsion is as follows:

Standing Charge:

Panda - €64 (may go up this year)
    Greenstar - €65

Charge per lift:

Both €3.20 per lift

Charge per Kg:

Panda - .277c per kg
    Greenstar - .26c per kg

In summary if you put 1000kg's out per year you would save €16. However with greenstars offer of 6 months free then this would rise to €207 for 2015 would makes it worthwhile if you can live with fact that greenstar only collect every 2 weeks. However I have never used greenstar so anybody know how reliable they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I pay GH €17 pm for 2 black,2 green and 2 brown bin lifts pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

I think it'll be all changing from the 1st Jan 2016. As far as I am aware, from then, only payment by weight will be allowed, so the flat rate plans, where you pay per month, regardless of whether you leave out full bins or no bins will not be legal any more. There may be a lift charge as well as a weight charge.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved to requests

• Advertisement
Advertisement