Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows 7 key wont work

• 08-10-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I did a fresh install of my laptop and i have entered the key from the sticker on the back of laptop but it is saying that its an invalid key, i changed the hard drive about 2 years ago and the key worked fine then

any ideas how to get the key to activate? it;s a win 7laptop

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Did you use a different windows 7 disc to reinstall the operating system ? if so then you need the original windows 7 disc that came with your laptop. Is it windows 7 basic or home premium edition ?.

Also is it 32 bit windows 7 or 64 bit windows 7 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Did you use a different windows 7 disc to reinstall the operating system ? if so then you need the original windows 7 disc that came with your laptop. Is it windows 7 basic or home premium edition ?.

Also is it 32 bit windows 7 or 64 bit windows 7 ?

when i bought the laptop i never got a windows 7 disk with it, 2 years ago when i changed the hard drive i downloaded win 7 from microsoft and put it on a disk and just entered the key from the sticker and it worked fine, with this fresh install i'm using that same disk,

it is win 7 home 64 bit

cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have you tried using the phone activation option.

Advertisement