Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this low cost laptop?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I bought one of these last week from 3000rpm.com

Worked out at about €134 including delivery so much cheaper than here. Refurbished also. Still waiting for delivery though so cant comment on the laptop itself, just that it can be gotten cheaper elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Great to know, thanks for the link, 100 euro is a massive saving on something which costs 220!
    When you receive your laptop maybe let us know your thoughts?

It literally just arrived in the door ten minutes ago, having ordered last Thursday. Typing this post on it! Has a few very minor scratches to the casing but looks to be in great nick and running very well. The model I ordered has no trackpad, just a trackpoint, which is pretty nice to use actually! I'd say the battery has about 2 hours worth of use in it but this will obviously vary from unit to unit.
    They also threw in a wired mouse and a 16gb usb key.
    Very happy so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Great, always nice to have actual user feedback. Methinks I could be investing.

Thanks Baldshin!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Looks like a great spec for a great price but don't see any mention of a warranty... but then at that price what do you expect!!

• Advertisement

Warranty is only 30 days I think, there's an option to extend the warranty for extra £££s but I'm happy to chance it at this price. Wouldn't mind finding a cheap, compatible ssd for it if anyone has any recommendations!?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

baldshin wrote: »
    Warranty is only 30 days I think, there's an option to extend the warranty for extra £££s but I'm happy to chance it at this price. Wouldn't mind finding a cheap, compatible ssd for it if anyone has any recommendations!?

SSD's are still very expensive and offer limited storage though they should offer greater battery life for the laptop. Are you thinking of replacing the internal drive?

Yeah thinking of swapping it out. The drive in it is only 160gb anyway, should be able to get a 120gb ssd for sub €65 if I keep an eye out I'd imagine.

Advertisement