Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Import / Export - Looking to Talk to Someone

Options
  • 08-10-2015 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to bounce some ideas off a person who has experience importing goods into China, particularly food stuffs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

ironclaw wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to bounce some ideas off a person who has experience importing goods into China, particularly food stuffs.

Hello Ironclaw,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. However, the organisation I am working for is significantly involved in food imports into China (Hong Kong and Shanghai) from a transportation and distribution point of view as Logistics Service Providers

I recently attended the Ireland Asia Business Week (the Agri Food part in Cork) and made some interesting contacts.

We are looking to assist Irish exporters to get their products into China and are currently working with one or two clients with a view to generate interest for their products in China.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to have a discussion on how we can assist you

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

@RUDOLF289, thank you very much. Would you mind if I asked on thread as it may benefit others?

- Approximate cost of shipping from Dublin port to Beijing, and transport to a warehouse? (Large, full container)
    - Realistic transit time for same?
    - Environment, what temperatures or extremes are the containers likely to experience? Its not perishables we are shipping but 'good to know'
    - Landing Fees / Import Duty - Is this something we can have an agency handle or best to handle ourselves? Any published rates for China?
    - Taxes: Given we would be shipping outside the EU, are there tax breaks / VAT refunds applicable?

Many Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hello Ironclaw,

Happy to oblige

Beijing is an inland point. I will ask our office in Beijing to confirm transport and local charges from Tianjin to delivered (our) warehouse in Beijing.

Rates / Transit times from Dublin port to ;

Chiwan - 37 days
    Dalian - 40 days
    Hong Kong - 32 days
    Nansha New Port - 46 days
    Ningbo - 35 days
    Qingdao - 44 days
    Shanghai - 38 days
    Xingang/Tianjin - 42 days
    Yantian - 38 days

NB : There are faster transit times available for certain destinations. The above is a good average.

20' container - Us$ 825.00
    40' container - Us$ 1025.00
    Subject to;
    Bill of Lading fee € 70.00
    Export formalities € 55.00

In terms of temperatures it varies depending on the time of year. Current temperatures range from +10 to +15 Dg C upto the Mediteranean. From the Suez Canal down past the Persian Gulf, temperatures range from +25 to +35 Dgr C. From there on upto China temperatures will taper off again to around +15 - +10 Dgr C. During the winter temperatures will drop by between 10 to 15 Dgr C, during the summer the temperatures will go up by about 10 to 15 DgrC from the base line mentioned above.

I will check with my colleagues regarding the landing fees and oncarriage to Beijing. However, in order to confirm duty / taxes we would need the actual commodity, and if available the HS / Customs tariff nr. Our organisation can provide assistance with the importation process and, if required, nationwide distribution. Especially our offices in Shanghai and Hong Kong are significantly involved in imports of food stuffs.

In relation to tax breaks, I am not aware of any. You may wish to contact your local EI office and see if they would be able to assist with any grants or supports to develop export markets.

Any VAT you pay in the process of manufacturing your products can be deducted in your VAT return. Exports are zero rated from a VAT perspective.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Great information there RUDOLF289. Thank you! I'm currently in the scoping point of this project, trying to determine a rough estimates of costs, so this is gold. I'll certainly be in touch.

Advertisement