Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

mfceiling wrote: »
    Cheers rob...have to book the father an aisle seat for his hols... never hear the end of it if I make a balls of it.

The 3/3 aircraft are easy enough A-F. It's when you go away from that things get complicated. You're right to ask if unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Agreed, for example a Stobart ATR72, Seats are 2-2, but the seats B and E are omitted, so it is A,C-D,F

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Turns out someone made a balls somewhere. I went to check him in and he's down as a teen fare!! He's 67!! It was booked through a third party (flights and accommodation in one package)....Looks like the guy taking the booking screwed up. Wonder what Ryanair are like for A DOB change? I noticed the flight prices were the same as adult fares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

mfceiling wrote: »
    Turns out someone made a balls somewhere. I went to check him in and he's down as a teen fare!! He's 67!! It was booked through a third party (flights and accommodation in one package)....Looks like the guy taking the booking screwed up. Wonder what Ryanair are like for A DOB change? I noticed the flight prices were the same as adult fares.

There are no teen fares on Ryanair and you don't give them a dob so there's nothing to change.

maximum12 wrote: »
    There are no teen fares on Ryanair and you don't give them a dob so there's nothing to change.

There is kinda on tickets from the UK, where if you're booked on a teen fare your ADP is refunded.

As well as that it states Teen on the top of the ticket.

And in order to check in, will the system not reject you if you're not between 12 and 15?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

maximum12 wrote: »

The fares are the same but there is a teen (12-15) category when booking on the Ryanair site. I imagine that when checking in the DOB must be within that age range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

JCX BXC wrote: »
    There is kinda on tickets from the UK, where if you're booked on a teen fare your ADP is refunded.

As well as that it states Teen on the top of the ticket.

And in order to check in, will the system not reject you if you're not between 12 and 15?

Correct!! It's a UK booking. When I try to enter his DOB for online check in it won't let me enter a date earlier than 2001. Sent them a tweet and am waiting on their live chat forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Will be travelling to London next week, and will need to use my phone quite a bit Google maps for directions. I will be travelling without bags and was wondering will I be able to bring a small power bank and connection for the phone through security and on board. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Seats are 2-2, but the seats B and E are omitted

This is because C will always be an isle seat regardless of aircraft type.

On widebodys A and K will always be window seats, weather it be 2-4-2 or 3-4-3. Additionally, "I" is also omitted. For example, EI A330's are AC-DEFG-HK

I believe its so if there is an emergency the location of someones seat is immediately recognized.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Gamebred wrote: »

HArdly a PR stunt and full of exaggeration. Club Europe seats are the same width and pitch as economy (Eurotraveller in BA speak) but with an empty middle seat.

The tickets could never have cost thousands and regularly cost less than economy (restricted business v flex economy). I'll guess both flights were lightly loaded and these were the stragglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Merry Christmas to all those who'll still be working tonight. You're very much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

How long does this usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It can be done in 15 minutes on a good day. Can also take an hour or so depending on circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So, looking up flights to Vegas for Sept 2017, Club Travel and Tour America are giving me an option of flying DUB-LAX-LAS with AA (it says one stop) but when I look up the flight code it's giving me is for Charlotte to LAX. So if it's only one stop, do we not get off the plane in Charlotte? Do we have to de-plane making it 2 stops? How can they advertise it as one stop when it's really two then?

I would guess its a tag on, i.e, the flight your on lands in CLT from DUB, then continues to LAX with the same flight number. Its nonstop because its the same flight number all the way trough.

a nonstop flight and a direct flight are two different things.

Non-stop = same flight number
    Direct = plane doesn't land until the final destination

Someone else may have a more detailed explanation as to why this is.

Thanks for your answer, expedia selling same flight as two stops (dub-clt and clt-lax same flight number and then lax-las as a different flight number). Not worth it when I could just fly dub-clt-las directly for around the same amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Note the cut off time before scheduled departure is 45 minutes. Going down just over an hour before departure should be fine. If you have not done it before they call specific flights at time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

That's the wrong way round.

Also, as a note, AA722 is SFO-PHL-DUB, with a change from an A321 to an A330 in Philadelphia.

Also, as a note, AA722 is SFO-PHL-DUB, with a change from an A321 to an A330 in Philadelphia.

It's AA725 that I'm looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

A nonstop flight does as it suggests, flies from one airport to another without stopping.
    A direct flight, makes stops along the way allowing pax to disembark and embark whilst other pax can stay seated until final destination.

billie1b wrote: »
    A nonstop flight does as it suggests, flies from one airport to another without stopping.
    A direct flight, makes stops along the way allowing pax to disembark and embark whilst other pax can stay seated until final destination.

Is a flight with the same callsign but a change of aircraft considered Direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Is a flight with the same callsign but a change of aircraft considered Direct?

I'm nearly positive that it is yes, each leg is also independent of the other, for example
    Flight 1234 DUB - SFO with a stop in NYC and change of aircraft continuing on as Flight 1234 can depart NYC as 1234 even if the 1234 DUB-NYC is delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Someone else may have a more detailed explanation as to why this is.
    Non-stop, does that mean it doesn't stop? :)
    Direct, does that mean it doesn't stop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

January wrote: »
    It's AA725 that I'm looking at.

Still a change of aircraft at Charlotte from A330 to A321.

VG31 wrote: »
    That's the wrong way round.

Haha yes I did, I see its been clarified since... confusing as you can see:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

billie1b wrote: »

Unless its United, who force you to get off (with you cabin baggage) and re-queue for the same damn seat in the same priority order as before.

Former US Airways had quite a few flights with the same code through PHL or CLT to DUB; usually ones with actual non-stop flights from what I saw. Almost all involved a change of plane too.

Advertisement