Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Am wondering when Ryanair will allow booking of flights to the UK from Dublin for December if anyone every knew approximately?

Have you actually tried to book them?

I used their App last week to book returns to LGW (Gatwick) for next December without any problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

I'm flying to the states direct from Dublin mid-week next week for brothers wedding. Flights at 2pm, would arriving at check in for 11am be sufficient time to get through the two security checks and US customs?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm flying to the states direct from Dublin mid-week next week for brothers wedding. Flights at 2pm, would arriving at check in for 11am be sufficient time to get through the two security checks and US customs?

Cheers.

Definitely, you'll be perfectly fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Grand, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭zone 1

how would i find plane reg cork lanszarote sat 4th feb thanks RYN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

zone 1 wrote: »

There's no way for the public to know that until soon before the flight. It will come up here tomorrow: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/fr9943

It might come up there tomorrow.

I've often seen it not coming up, or being completely wrong, so keep that in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭john boye

zone 1 wrote: »

My money's on a 737

john boye wrote: »
    My money's on a 737

You'd be pushed to find a plane reg with 737 in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You'd be pushed to find a plane reg with 737 in it!

223659.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm sure that would have great fun making it to Lanzarote!

I'm sure that would have great fun making it to Lanzarote!

Maybe this would be better suited :)
    avcr_22372.jpg

Get me a Ryanair with that reg and I'll be quiet ;)

Get me a Ryanair with that reg and I'll be quiet ;)

*Googles EI-737* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Howdy folks

Anyone flown this route and what were your experiences. How would it compare to Are Lingus from Dublin? One other thing has anyone flown to Hartfort on the route launched last year? Is it operated by a charter company?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

Nobody can tell right now, this route doesn't start with Delta until May. As it happens, there's rumours it might also be competing with Norwegian from Dublin to nearby Providence.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hartford is not operated by a charter company its Aer Lingus, and Delta have a fairly good reputation, and offer a very similar experience to Aer lingus, the only difference being maybe they use smaller aircraft on DUB-BOS, but I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Delta are scheduled to use a Boeing 757 on the Dublin-Boston route, while Aer Lingus use the Airbus A330.

Aer Lingus serve Hartford using a Boeing 757 operated by an Irish airline Air Contractors, but in full Aer Lingus colours, and with Aer Lingus cabin crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Delta provide a far superior inflight service to EI - EI aren't great transatlantic.

Delta provide a far superior inflight service to EI - EI aren't great transatlantic.

In my experience both products are very similar, on this particular route EI use larger and in many opinions more comfortable aircraft, this is a matter of personal preference with seating etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Locker10a wrote: »
    In my experience both products are very similar, on this particular route EI use larger and in many opinions more comfortable aircraft, this is a matter of personal preference with seating etc.

In the past two or three years Delta have upgraded the aircraft - service, food etc is definitely superior to EI - I've done both within the past 12 months to NY.

But on this route you may be right, the 757 is never great transatlantic :/.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

Delta also have far worse customer service. When I flew DUB>JFK return with them recently they weren't assigning seats on either leg of the journey until after arrival at the boarding gate, which just causes so much unnecessary hassle if traveling in a group. Everything is aimed to push economy passengers to upgrade to economy+.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I see that Norwegian will shortly release prices for the Cork-US routes, anyone hazard a guess as to what their return prices will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I've never had any issues with EI going across the pond.

I always found the service to very good, either sitting up front or down the back (most of the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Delta serve pizza and ice cream as a half way snack, very nice too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

roundymac wrote:
    Delta serve pizza and ice cream as a half way snack, very nice too.

Do they only do it on certain routes? I flew to ATL with them last October and back from jfk and while ice cream was served there was no pizza 😯. We got a toasted sandwich late on in the flight though

• Registered Users Posts: 23 denis halpenny

just a random question,how come the likes of italair,tap air,belguim airlines,polish airlines etc dont fly into dublin?im sure there would be plenty of buisness for them all.

just a random question,how come the likes of italair,tap air,belguim airlines,polish airlines etc dont fly into dublin?im sure there would be plenty of buisness for them all.

Many used to but couldn't maintain profitability flights against giants Ryanair and Aer Lingus who offer low fare competition

• Registered Users Posts: 23 denis halpenny

i see well thank you for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Locker10a wrote: »
    If I was you I'd still check in the 30hrs before and select the free seat. Turn up to the airport, Mobile boarding pass ready to go, approach security and ask a member of staff if it's ok to use (don't mention what the EI website says) just play dumb!
    Worst case scanario you're turned away and have to go to the desk! But the benefit of this is at the desk they will only be "reprinting" your boarding passes, and thus you will still have the seats you selected.
    If the EI mobile app simply doesn't allow you check in for FAO at all, then proceed on their main website checkin, select seat, and just print from the desk, again requesting a "reprint" from airport staff.
    I've done this many times with no issues and take about 30 seconds at the desk

Just for information, Al do not have mobile boarding at Faro, you either buy a seat in advance, find an Internet cafe with a printer or just plain queue up and get allocated a seat. I did the latter and got 4D (another bug bear of mine, when you check in on line you are charged for the front 6? Rows, turn up at the airport and they are the ones nearly always allocated.) Turned out there was passengers in 4 E and F but nobody in 4A, B or C so I just indicated to the CC that I was going to 4C and she replied that was grand.

Advertisement