Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Was it April fools day last year that I read something about Dubai buying the DUB code from Dublin?

You know, not taking the P I double S but there's a couple of Spanish destinations that use DAA as the code instead of DUB on their baggage tags etc, must take a picture next time I notice it in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Was it April fools day last year that I read something about Dubai buying the DUB code from Dublin?

Ya know, that rings a bell.. you could be right lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

DWC isn't direct from Dublin!
    Dubai Al Maktoum airport (DWC) doesn't appear to be served by any airlines, its a massive white elephant, but perfect for corporate aviation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

smurfjed wrote: »
    Dubai Al Maktoum airport (DWC) doesn't appear to be served by any airlines, its a massive white elephant, but perfect for corporate aviation :)

Does it not have a fairly large amount of central/eastern/southern European LCCs? Not frequent service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Definitely is served by airlines, just not to a great extent.

• Advertisement

I seriously cant remember seeing a passenger aircraft there, and i was in that airport 3 times last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I seriously cant remember seeing a passenger aircraft there, and i was in that airport 3 times last week :)

Its big enough they may have been hiding them :pac:

Wizzair fly there definitely. Intent is to move everything but the timeline has slipped more often than the BER opening.

Its big enough they may have been hiding them pacman.gif?v=%20d4f4efbde3ca2018ed6c52d26abdb03a
    Maybe :):) Just looked the Wizzair site, they appear to have 7 flights a week.
    It's a great airport, no holding, no slots and no delays. And i love the ramp transport.
    30990217160_2e4c58183a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lustrum

It's a great airport, no holding, no slots and no delays. And i love the ramp transport.
    30990217160_2e4c58183a_c.jpg

Not that they weren't before, but these posts are just getting ridiculous! The other week our crew transport to a hotel in AMS was a municipal bus that stopped at 3 car parks before getting to the hotel....stop showing off! (Damn I'm so jealous :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Bit more than just "maybe", flightradar listings indicates 13 passenger flights from DWC tomorrow, although miniscule for an airport of it's size it certainly is flying passengers around!

• Advertisement

The other week our crew transport to a hotel in AMS was a municipal bus that stopped at 3 car parks before getting to the hotel....stop showing off! (Damn I'm so jealous :-)
    Lustrum, dont get too jealous, they literally took us 200m airside, after that we got this... in a street taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

Looking at spending 2 weeks between L.A and San Diego (into and out of LAX) in September and the lowest return fare seems to be with Ethiopian Airways direct DUB > LAX, LAX > DUB. Has anyone flown this route or any other with Ethiopian? Just wondering what your experience was as I've never heard of them and wondering would I be better just paying extra for a different airline albeit with a layover in London.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Looking at spending 2 weeks between L.A and San Diego (into and out of LAX) in September and the lowest return fare seems to be with Ethiopian Airways direct DUB > LAX, LAX > DUB. Has anyone flown this route or any other with Ethiopian? Just wondering what your experience was as I've never heard of them and wondering would I be better just paying extra for a different airline albeit with a layover in London.

Thanks.

Not flown them myself, but they are a very reputable airline, and I have heard good things about them. As far as value for money goes, I don't think you could go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers. Everything I've read online says they're 100% so booked it there. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sally090

Possibly a very dumb question but; I am due to fly with Ryanair next week. I decided to not pay for a seat as there's really not much point, however I'm wondering if I leave check-in as late to the 2 hour deadline as possible will I be allocated one of the "nicer" (dearer!) seats - all the cheaper seats are nearly sold up at the moment? I'm flying on my own btw so I have no worries about getting seated next to a companion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,350 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Out of interest, why do you think the dearer seats are "nicer"? I've only ever booked one of those once, and that was because I needed to make a speedy exit from the plane to try and make a connection. If that's your case, then just pay for one.

Aside from proximity to the plane doors, all seats are equally hard, narrow and uncomfortable in my book!! Bar the emergency exit rows which have their own issues.

(I don't know the answer to your actual question, though, I'm afraid - sorry!)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Out of interest, why do you think the dearer seats are "nicer"? I've only ever booked one of those once, and that was because I needed to make a speedy exit from the plane to try and make a connection. If that's your case, then just pay for one.

Aside from proximity to the plane doors, all seats are equally hard, narrow and uncomfortable in my book!! Bar the emergency exit rows which have their own issues.

(I don't know the answer to your actual question, though, I'm afraid - sorry!)

This is my first time flying with Ryanair, I usually fly Aer Lingus so I don't actually know what these planes are like :) I just presumed as they were dearer and have more leg room they would be "nicer"...

Sally090 wrote: »
    This is my first time flying with Ryanair, I usually fly Aer Lingus so I don't actually know what these planes are like :) I just presumed as they were dearer and have more leg room they would be "nicer"...
    I'm wide open to correction on this, but the only seats with extra legroom are emergency exit row seats. And those are a pain in their own way as you have to stow absolutely everything above you for takeoff and landing.

There are a lot of other seats that are priced above others that are just regular seats - the only justification I can see for the higher price is proximity to the exit doors. So like I said earlier - if you need/want a quick exit, go for one of those, otherwise just take your chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Question re Ryanair booking/check-in please.....

I've booked myself and a pal on some flights next week (only ever booked for myself in the past hence the confusion) - do I have to check her in and get her boarding pass, or can she do it herself? She's saying the Ryanair site won't pull up the booking for her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Question re Ryanair booking/check-in please.....

I've booked myself and a pal on some flights next week (only ever booked for myself in the past hence the confusion) - do I have to check her in and get her boarding pass, or can she do it herself? She's saying the Ryanair site won't pull up the booking for her.

You should be able to do both

Locker10a wrote: »
    Hmmm, I've done hers this time, but she couldn't find how to bring up the booking.

I'd have thought with the reference she could do it, but appears not....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hmmm, I've done hers this time, but she couldn't find how to bring up the booking.

I'd have thought with the reference she could do it, but appears not....

The reference alone is useless, you need the credit card used to pay and/or the email of the person who made the booking, I assume you made the booking and received the confirmation email, therefore you are the lead passenger

The reference alone is useless, you need the credit card used to pay and/or the email of the person who made the booking, I assume you made the booking and received the confirmation email, therefore you are the lead passenger
    Fair enough, that rings a bell.

Since they've introduced the "your account" bit it's all got very easy once you're logged in.

I'll just make sure others book their own flights next time!!

Fair enough, that rings a bell.

Since they've introduced the "your account" bit it's all got very easy once you're logged in.

I'll just make sure others book their own flights next time!!

You can just send them their boarding pass by way of e-mail, text, iMessage, whatsapp etc etc. That way they'll be able to use their own boarding cards

billie1b wrote: »
    You can just send them their boarding pass by way of e-mail, text, iMessage, whatsapp etc etc. That way they'll be able to use their own boarding cards
    Yeah that's what I did.

It was just the whole getting passport details, DOB etc to check in was a bit of a hassle.

All done now though, and I'll know for next time!

Yeah that's what I did.

It was just the whole getting passport details, DOB etc to check in was a bit of a hassle.

All done now though, and I'll know for next time!

Cool, enjoy your flighs

Where exactly in T1 are the Ryanair bag drops located - do you just tag the bag at that desk and it's sent on its way or must you take it to another desk? I haven't flown out of here and very unsure about where to go upon arrival, so I'm freaking out a bit as I'm one of these people who need to plan everything to a T :/ My flight is at 15:30, if I aim to be there at 14:00 is this plenty of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

That's loads of time. Unless they have moved recently Ryanair are near the very back of the departures hall, turn right going in the main entrance. There's a whole row of bag drops and as far as I remember you can use any of them that are open.

Just down hang around Duty Free too long, you could be walking a couple of kilometers to get to the gate!

• Advertisement

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    That's loads of time. Unless they have moved recently Ryanair are near the very back of the departures hall, turn right going in the main entrance. There's a whole row of bag drops and as far as I remember you can use any of them that are open.

Thank you! :)

Advertisement