Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

BTW.......Is it still possible to walk between T1 & T2 after security ?

Why btw?

And yes it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hey guys, I know AA use 757s ex JFK on the DUB route; wondering are these the older aircraft that aren't equipped with IFE & power points? Trying to figure out whether I need to start loading up the iPad and bringing a battery pack or two to see me through. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

cson wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know AA use 757s ex JFK on the DUB route; wondering are these the older aircraft that aren't equipped with IFE & power points? Trying to figure out whether I need to start loading up the iPad and bringing a battery pack or two to see me through. Cheers!

I'd do that anyway as a back up. Even if the airline had PTV's, you might not like the content or be on a full flight with a broken PTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

cson wrote:

We flew on one of these out of Dub, no IFE apart from the old overhead screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

cson wrote: »

Proper old school, your going to be time warped back to the 90's. I flew an AA 767 to ORD a couple of years ago and the nostalgia alone was worth the price of the ticket haha.

But yeah, load up the iPad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Hi

Any people here with the knowledge as to which airlines if any will allow the carriage of a small dog in the cabin between Dublin-Oslo/Stavanger and return.I can consider even indirect routing between the cities.

Any help is much appreciated!

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I've a holiday to the Algarve booked in August, through a 3rd party (probably no need to name names?). I received the booking confirmation from Aer Lingus after I paid in full, I can't log in to the "manage my booking" on the site and going by other posts I know that is pretty standard, that any changes to the booking can only be made through the 3rd party, fair enough (I know I can't pre-check in, but I'm guessing check in on arrival is fine?)

On the note of check in, I have the booking confirmation with my booking number, itinerary, etc. On this email I have the outgoing flight at 07.10. A month or so later I got an email (again direct from Aer Lingus) telling me the flight time has been changed to 07.50. My question is when I'm checking in at the airport what do I present? Is the original email with the booking reference number and old flight time ok? Or do I need to contact AL or the 3rd party to get an updated email for check in?
    Note: The flight number is still the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I'd confirm the flight time before the flight. As far as I can see AL flights to Faro depart at 7.10 in August

joeysoap wrote: »
    I'd confirm the flight time before the flight. As far as I can see AL flights to Faro depart at 7.10 in August

7:50 on Thursdays and 7:15 on Fridays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I'm sure that Air France allow this so you could connect via Paris, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Ryanair or Aer Lingus defiantly do not allow pets in the cabin. Some European airlines do though I know Air France do and I'm sure there are other, maybe Lufthansa or Swiss air, best bet is to message them on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

What breed of dog is it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Contact SAS and Norwegian as these are about the only two airline to fly out of Stavanger via Oslo. Also consider KLM via Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This post has been deleted.
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    7:50 on Thursdays and 7:15 on Fridays.

That's great, thanks guys. And yeah the flight is on a Thursday, the flight was booked way back in January so no huge surprise the time might be tampered with a bit, I get an extra half hour in bed so I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm looking at tickets to Australia and am noticing a lot of deals out of Heathrow. My question is can I check my bags with RyanAir in Dublin to their final destination? We're looking at a Singapore Airlines flight and I have no idea if the airports/airlines will check things all the way through or not. Obviously it adds a lot of time to have to collect our luggage and then recheck it in Heathrow.

No.
    Ryanair are a point to point airline and don't do connections.
    They don't fly to Heathrow.

You would have to book through one airline all in one go to get the benefit of luggage transferring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No, seperate airline so can't check bags all the way through

See if Singapore do flights from DUB (maybe have a tie in with Lingus), then your bags would go the full way i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ryanair don't fly to Heathrow. https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/cheap-flight-destinations

Checking luggage through usually happens when you travel on the one ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Thanks, that answers that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

No.
    Ryanair are a point to point airline and don't do connections.
    They don't fly to Heathrow.

You would have to book through one airline all in one go to get the benefit of luggage transferring.

No longer true, they have a tie in with an airline to North and South America via Madrid now and are doing connections / through luggage, with a view to rolling it out with other airlines over the coming year.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/ryanair-website-to-offer-connecting-flights-to-us-1.3093481

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Is it unusual to have all the car parks in Dublin airport booked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

If I am flying to the US on a BA ticket the whole way, but EI operated to London and BA operated onwards, can I use the bag drop kiosks in Dublin , having checked in online with BA ?

Thanks.

towger wrote: »
    If I am flying to the US on a BA ticket the whole way, but EI operated to London and BA operated onwards, can I use the bag drop kiosks in Dublin , having checked in online with BA ?

Thanks.

You use the EI bag checks in Dublin, and your bag is checked the entire way.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

You use the EI bag checks in Dublin, and your bag is checked the entire way.

Excellent, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Is it unusual to have all the car parks in Dublin airport booked out?

Haven't seen it before but certainly possible in long term at this time of year. Short term should be quieter at this time of year as not as much business travel.
    If looking for longterm, hotels such as Bewleys do parking and shuttle.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    If looking for longterm, hotels such as Bewleys do parking and shuttle.

Clayton*

And as it is now the Clayton, expect to pay nicely. Also the shuttle bus can take over 20 minutes depending on the routing the driver takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Clayton*
    And as it is now the Clayton, expect to pay nicely.
    Provided you book and pay for your parking online and not by phone or with hotel reception, the Clayton Airport Hotel are as competitive as the other "airport" car park providers.
    Also the shuttle bus can take over 20 minutes depending on the routing the driver takes.
    Much the same time as travelling from Quickpark or DAA Blue long term carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I am trying to check in on line without sucess. Is there a problem with the website at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

bisset wrote: »
    I am trying to check in on line without sucess. Is there a problem with the website at the moment?

Which airline are trying to check in online with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

What breed of dog is it?

Yorkshire terrier,its tiny

Advertisement