Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Harika

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Would have you a link to this horse manure?

Was from here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/927152-duty-free-rules-intra-eu-flight-stop-switzerland.html First guy said it will be taken away, second one got it through in bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Harika wrote: »
    Was from here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/927152-duty-free-rules-intra-eu-flight-stop-switzerland.html First guy said it will be taken away, second one got it through in bag.

That discussion took place on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd May 2009, so it can hardly be judged to be current.

Current information from Zurich Airport website.
    Pat Dunne wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

may not be the right place to ask - but being curious - what does CP1 mean - when you hoover over the flight number (i.e.EI146) when booking a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Ace2007 wrote: »
    what does CP1 mean

Might you mean CPI, Consumer Price Index?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

may not be the right place to ask - but being curious - what does CP1 mean - when you hoover over the flight number (i.e.EI146) when booking a flight.

Where? Doesn't happen on the flight selector on aerlingus.com for me
    I think you mean CPI, Consumer Price Index

In this context, very unlikely.

L1011 wrote: »
    In this context, very unlikely.

Its the only thing I could think of, which is why I gave no explanation as to what it actually is... should have put a "?" after.

Here is a screenshot of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I think it has something to do with the aircraft.

For example, flights to London Heathrow show AIRBUS A320, Hartford shows 75A..

Perhaps this might be seen as a stupid question - however as many of yee might know the Dublin to LAX and other cross Atlantic flights have been running quite late the last few days - 4/5 hour delays are common for various reasons - but my question is about the food on the plane - usually it's based on the time you arrive - so you get a lunch on the way over, as you arrive in time for dinner being the logic, but if you are arriving 4/5 hours late - do they change up the menu so your getting a full dinner?

In addition, I was checking my flight number today on the track my flight page AL have, and the flight today came up as been delayed, with estimate time of departure say 7:40pm as oppose to 3pm. Am I likely to find this out in advance - at say check in?, last thing I want to do is head over around 12pm and be there 7/8 hours before take off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Unfortunately still have to check in on time,

The LAX flight was late again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Here is a screenshot of it

It says 3P1

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

It says 3P1

I'm going to guess its the version of the 330 that will be used. There are 2 different cabin layouts on the 332's as one doesn't have the crew rest. So maybe they denote them as P1 and P2.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tommer

Hi all I'm going to Lanzarote in mid September, am I going to be caught up in this security hold up in the airports,

It says 3P1

Ha, I must be blind, I looked at that more than once and even Googled it and everytime put CP1 ha
    I'm going to guess its the version of the 330 that will be used. There are 2 different cabin layouts on the 332's as one doesn't have the crew rest. So maybe they denote them as P1 and P2.

ah right cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I've never faced a delay in Lanzarote immigration, so I doubt you'll be waiting anything more than 4-5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Flying with Delta from DUB to JFK tomorrow on a 767-400. Anyone know how fast their in-flight Wi-Fi is (Ku technology)? Can't seem to see it anywhere on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Flying Ethiopian Airlines from DUB to LAX. Leaving at 06:50AM and arriving at 09:50AM local time.

I have lots of questions.

1.) What will the sunlight during the flight feel like? Since it's 10 hours long will we be going 'back' to darkness flying over the different timezones and then light when we arrive? Seems maddening.

2.) Is US pre-clearance available for the flight? I see it's only in Terminal 2 an this flight is arriving from ADD in Terminal 1

3.) Will they deplane people or will passengers be in my seats? I remember a relative of mine went DUB to ADD 2 years ago and there were people in her seat.

4.) What's the quality of the flight? I know it's a new Boeing 787 so much more legroom along with amenities like USB charging etc...

5.) Is it possible to decline getting food online? I want to take some sleeping pills and go out the entire flight.

jeanjolie wrote: »
    1.) What will the sunlight during the flight feel like? Since it's 10 hours long will we be going 'back' to darkness flying over the different timezones and then light when we arrive? Seems maddening.

I slept the whole way but as far as I remember the shades were all dimmed so flight was dark.
    2.) Is US pre-clearance available for the flight? I see it's only in Terminal 2 an this flight is arriving from ADD in Terminal 1

No pre-clearance. Immigration took less than a minute for me in LAX.

3.) Will they deplane people or will passengers be in my seats? I remember a relative of mine went DUB to ADD 2 years ago and there were people in her seat.

I had a passenger in my seat but they moved straight away when I got on in Dublin.
    4.) What's the quality of the flight? I know it's a new Boeing 787 so much more legroom along with amenities like USB charging etc...

I found it grand. As you said good legroom, chargers, good recline. Slightly narrow seats though.
    5.) Is it possible to decline getting food online? I want to take some sleeping pills and go out the entire flight.

They do one meal after take off and one before landing. I'm sure you can tell the crew not to wake you but by default they will.

• Advertisement

What's immigration in the US may I ask? I'm applying for my ESTA this week and after it's approved do they have my 'booking' on their database and I don't need to print it or do I need a printed form in case?

What's immigration in the US may I ask? I'm applying for my ESTA this week and after it's approved do they have my 'booking' on their database and I don't need to print it or do I need a printed form in case?

If you have an ESTA you don't need to print it, I never do, but its no harm to have it.

ESTA is basically clearance to travel. You can still get refused entry to the states in LAX.

In LAX go to a computer, fill out a form, photo taken and fingerprints. A little slip will print out with your photo on it. If there is a big X through it you will need to go see an immigration officer at a desk, otherwise you will just walk out to the baggage hall. There will be staff directing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

I booked a flight to Canada 6 months ago, but I can't remember if I did the advanced passenger information, I did the visa .Can I check about the API?

If you have an ESTA you don't need to print it, I never do, but its no harm to have it.

ESTA is basically clearance to travel. You can still get refused entry to the states in LAX.

In LAX go to a computer, fill out a form, photo taken and fingerprints. A little slip will print out with your photo on it. If there is a big X through it you will need to go see an immigration officer at a desk, otherwise you will just walk out to the baggage hall. There will be staff directing you.

So are the Irish officers at the gates and check-in desk able to see that you have an ESTA even without it printed out?

I assume they have to seeing as airlines can get fined for flying passengers without sufficient visas.

So are the Irish officers at the gates and check-in desk able to see that you have an ESTA even without it printed out?

I assume they have to seeing as airlines can get fined for flying passengers without sufficient visas.

Yes its all computerised.

That's interesting. At check in I was told I didn't have an ESTA so couldn't check in. I showed them my visa in passport and they checked me in without any further questions.

That's interesting. At check in I was told I didn't have an ESTA so couldn't check in. I showed them my visa in passport and they checked me in without any further questions.

Was that your first time travelling to the US?

Were you issued a visa at the US embassy or do you mean passport stamps in LAX?

• Advertisement

Was that your first time travelling to the US?

Were you issued a visa at the US embassy or do you mean passport stamps in LAX?

Nope was probably my 15th or so visit. But I was going over on a M1 visa issued in Dublin for the first time.

Advertisement