Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Flying through Dublin tomorrow to a festival where I won't have time the other end to pick up booze for the night. Is there anywhere Airside in DUB where one may purchase a few tins of ale?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

P_1 wrote: »
    Flying through Dublin tomorrow to a festival where I won't have time the other end to pick up booze for the night. Is there anywhere Airside in DUB where one may purchase a few tins of ale?

When you land in terminal 2 there's a shop that they use for the 'collect on return' service that also sells booze (mainly spirits and wine). It's just before the exit doors to arrivals - don't exit as you can't return. Not sure what time it closes though.

Or you could go on to the airport website and buy what you want and collect it when you land just select which terminal and if it's arrival or departing https://www.theloop.ie/t/HowToBuy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Booked flights for the folks with Ryanair and left out there middle names, Couple of searches on google says its not a problem but can anyone confirm thats still okay?
    Ryanair FAQ pages keeps crashing on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Guys - can anyone tell me what the business lounge is like in SFO for aer lingus flights? Especially in comparison to the 51st and green lounge in Dublin airport - which imo is fairly poor for a business lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

Anyone know when you could expect Ryanair to release flights for April next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

9 months beforehand.

So....last month?

Ryanair will release their summer schedule (APR-OCT) soon, all the way to October, normally it's a late August to early October release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Flying with Ethiopian DUB>LAX next weekend and just wondering if they have free wifi on board? Hard to tell from their site, also does anyone know if the plane gets cleaned after arriving in Dublin from Addis Ababa or will I be getting onto a "dirty" plane in Dublin? Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Nope to both.

I've never had the plane noticably dirty though when boarding at Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Nope to both.

I've never had the plane noticably dirty though when boarding at Dublin.

I think what he means is, will there already be passengers on board from the flights from Addis Ababa, as in the fight goes Addis Ababa-Dublin-Los Angeles, and some will be continuing their journey. Do they get off and change plane or stay onboard? That's what I understand from that question anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks for the replies, lads. Looking forward to travelling on a 787 Dreamliner for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I hope that you have a narrow body as the seat width sucks on the 787

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

I have a small question and hopefully it can be answered.
    Just purchased flights to USA.
    flying Dub to EWR on Dec 27th with Aerlingus.
    just paid for the bog standard flight.
    flying 2 adults and 1 child ( age 7 )
    when looking at the seating available there are only 5 random standard seats available. there are none together.
    there are a larger amount of choice seats available.
    is the standard to seat children with adults on the booking when checking arrives?
    or could there be the chance that we are all sitting separately,
    if i dont pick the seating?
    is it that the seats showing as occupied are not really occupied and will show available in the future?
    cheers.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

rameire wrote: »
    I have a small question and hopefully it can be answered.
    Just purchased flights to USA.
    flying Dub to EWR on Dec 27th with Aerlingus.
    just paid for the bog standard flight.
    flying 2 adults and 1 child ( age 7 )
    when looking at the seating available there are only 5 random standard seats available. there are none together.
    there are a larger amount of choice seats available.
    is the standard to seat children with adults on the booking when checking arrives?
    or could there be the chance that we are all sitting separately,
    if i dont pick the seating?
    is it that the seats showing as occupied are not really occupied and will show available in the future?
    cheers.

Your should be seated together, there will be a small number of the cheaper seats (back few rows) which will be blocked off until closer to departure in case of equipment change. Best advise will be arrive at the airport early and get seats assigned then by check in staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Der Stier

Hi,
    anyone know if Vueling like Ryanair charge extra to check in on the day ?
    Travelling with a baby and seems I cant fully check in online..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

It is for the 27th Dec, could be heavy booking.

• Advertisement

If I'm not mistaken it's free to select a standard seat for transatlantic flight.
    My suggestion, might be to select your seats placing the child next to one adult and the other adult perhaps in the row in front or across the aisle, or where ever the next closest free seat may be.
    At least then you have the peace of mind that the child won't be separated and will be sitting next to one of the adults on the itinerary.
    And as suggested above show up to check-in nice and early and ask politely if if there are seats still available and if possible could you be moved to all sit together.

A quick Google showed me this from the Vueling website :-

"If you haven't been able to check in online or print out/download your boarding passes, just go to the airport check-in desks and we'll give you your boarding passes free of charge."

Locker10a wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken it's free to select a standard seat for transatlantic flight.
    My suggestion, might be to select your seats placing the child next to one adult and the other adult perhaps in the row in front or across the aisle, or where ever the next closest free seat may be.
    At least then you have the peace of mind that the child won't be separated and will be sitting next to one of the adults on the itinerary.
    And as suggested above show up to check-in nice and early and ask politely if if there are seats still available and if possible could you be moved to all sit together.

cheers for your help.
    unfortunately there are no standard seats beside each other remaining
    but i will be turning up to the airport early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Der Stier wrote: »
    Hi,
    anyone know if Vueling like Ryanair charge extra to check in on the day ?
    Travelling with a baby and seems I cant fully check in online..

Thanks

Yes you can check in at the airport. As far as I know the only airlines in Europe that charge extra for airport check-in are Ryanair and Wizz Air.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

cheers for your help.
    unfortunately there are no standard seats beside each other remaining
    but i will be turning up to the airport early.

Not even 2 together that you could pick?

pilly wrote: »
    Not even 2 together that you could pick?

see pic attached.
    blue are exit row premium seats.
    green are free seats available.

426379.png

see pic attached.
    blue are exit row premium seats.
    green are free seats available.

426379.png

God you must have left it very late to pick your seat. I think you will be separated to be honest, those maps are very accurate. If a seat is gone it's gone.

Actually I've just looked at your OP again, one of your children is 7 so they won't be able to separate you. Are you sure you haven't been allocated a seat already? I don't understand why when you made the booking you didn't choose the seats or the system didn't make you if you've a child under 12?

pilly wrote: »
    God you must have left it very late to pick your seat. I think you will be separated to be honest, those maps are very accurate. If a seat is gone it's gone.

Actually I've just looked at your OP again, one of your children is 7 so they won't be able to separate you. Are you sure you haven't been allocated a seat already? I don't understand why when you made the booking you didn't choose the seats or the system didn't make you if you've a child under 12?

purchased the flights by deposit 3 months ago, paid the balance yesterday, there were no seats provided on first booking and the only available are what was showing yesterday, sure the flight isnt for another 4 months, what could go wrong. Or I suppose I could purchase a business class seat for myself and let the wife and child fight it out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I would grab the 2 in row 26. Kids under a certain age (anyone know?) have to be within 1 row of their guardian/parent.

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    I would grab the 2 in row 26. Kids under a certain age (anyone know?) have to be within 1 row of their guardian/parent.

Under 12 as far as I know can't be separated from their parents.

Advertisement