Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Maybe just check in at the airport and see what happens there? There's no real resolving the situation now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

The 'premium' seats or whatever they are called are not usually available for free until airport check-in so you're best bet is to try at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

cheers for the help guys,
    i contacted Aerlingus on Twitter.
    they provided seats together out and back.
    3 at the rear going out and 3 in the middle coming home.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

Sorry if it's been asked already but there are 81 pages of questions....
    Why will security take razors, tweezers etc from hand luggage when you can simply pop into Boots and buy them after clearing security?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They don't take those. The only things they take that you can by after security are the liquids/gels/pastes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

rameire wrote: »

Glad you got sorted.

Which shows that the seat charts weren't accurate. I had the same on a European flight this summer. checkin on line and no seats together left, so instead of choosing two separate I went with random seating and bingo: two together that were supposed to be booked already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

joeysoap wrote: »
    rameire wrote: »

Glad you got sorted.

Which shows that the seat charts weren't accurate. I had the same on a European flight this summer.  checkin on line and no seats together left, so instead of choosing two separate I went with random seating and bingo: two together that were supposed to be booked already.
    From experience EI block certain rows, for example I think row 11 and 24? are exit rows on the A321, but these two rows are always blocked on A320 seat maps. I assume to allow for aircraft upgrades etc. of course these would be available on the day of departure at desk check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi all,

Quick question, I don't fly at peak times very often but I'm flying to Berlin with Aer Lingus tomorrow morning at 6.45am.

I'll have no luggage or even carry on, it's a day trip I won in a competition.
    I will need to check in at a desk as I only have the flight number.

Roughly what time would I need to be at the airport to ensure I have enough time to clear security during the morning rush?

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question, I don't fly at peak times very often but I'm flying to Berlin with Aer Lingus tomorrow morning at 6.45am.

I'll have no luggage or even carry on, it's a day trip I won in a competition.
    I will need to check in at a desk as I only have the flight number.

Roughly what time would I need to be at the airport to ensure I have enough time to clear security during the morning rush?

At least 90 mins before departure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Locker10a wrote: »
    At least 90 mins before departure

agreed

you could consider paying the €6 for fast track security too as morning is a busy time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

With Fast Track, 60 mins would be more than enough. He has no carry on.

He will need to que for check in, during one of the busiest times of the year for travel, plus security( fast track may well help) and bearing in mind Aer Lingus are very efficient with first wave departures and gates can close -25/30 before departure id stick to 90 mins personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Online check in. That shaves a fair bit off.

Seems both you and I managed to miss bit of the post!

As you say no carry on, but they must check in at the desk.

Personally I'd leave it as 90mins for peace of mind, as some cumulative small delays can add up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I had over 90 mins to spare. I asked a nice Aer Lingus staff member about my boarding pass and she printed it without me having to que.
    I was also through security very quickly, roughly 10 mins.

Thanks for the help on this one.

I'm flying again on Tuesday with Ryanair, do they insist on a printed boarding pass or am I ok with my digital pass on the Ryanair phone app?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You are fine with the phone app boarding pass

• Registered Users Posts: 6 skyheinz

Any idea how like EI121 - Dub <> MCO is tomorrow (Thursday).
    Aer Lingus don't have a notice regarding the 7th Sept on their site but after calling to purchase an upgrade I was told -

"to be honest that flight will probably be cancelled").

Not sure how much weight that carries.

Hurricane Irma won't make landfall until the weekend, so I can't see why tomorrow's flight would be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Have you seen the weather forecast for Florida? I would assume that EI have a duty of care responsibility  for their crew.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Have you seen the weather forecast for Florida? I would assume that EI have a duty of care responsibility  for their crew.

Tomorrow and Friday look fine other than the odd thunderstorm! The TAF isn't exactly frightening either.

FR070100 17003KT

No other airlines have cancelled flights from my quick look, unless there's some internal EI reason I can't see why tomorrow's flight would be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Exactly
    Mco is in central northern florida
    Irma won't be near until Saturday at least so thursdays flights will be fine
    Irmas path isn't 100% certain yet either but mco currently could get strong tropical storm winds or cat one hurricane winds
    That would probably cause disruption Sunday into Monday
    Flooding is a certainty and it will be a lot wetter and stormier than most anything you've experienced in Ireland so there's going to be a day or two of the holiday ruined
    If it's cat one or tropical storm,it will not be a patch on what the Caribbean is currently experiencing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

If it's cat one or tropical storm,it will not be a patch on what the Caribbean is currently experiencing

Its forecast to be a cat4 when it makes landfall in SoFlo, and cat3 if/when it reached MCO.

On Aer Lingus, I'm on Fridays 140 and queried about leaving early and they would not offer me a way home and kept saying that the flight won't be cancelled. The forecast is to have 78mph winds on Friday and MIA have advised they are closing when they hit 55mpd but Aer Lingus wouldn't listen. In fact the travel advisory issued by EI means nothing to people in MIA as the only flight covered by the dates is Sunday's, which will definitely be cancelled anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

That forecast isn't certain yet but highly likely
    Ba are proactively getting people home early
    Planes should still be flying Friday but with full loads by now I'd say to everywhere so re routing will even be difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Sunday 10th September

Flight EI 141 Dublin to Miami has been cancelled.
    Flight EI 140 Miami to Dublin has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 skyheinz

Not much update from MCO other then mentioning that they will start today operating limited services.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Came back from Rhodes on Wednesday and have a query, went with wife and 14month old baby, now we walked onto the plane and put the buggy down at the bottom of the steps, expecting as in years gone by that when we got off the plane it would have been put at bottom of steps for us in Rhodes, it wasn't, had to trek into the baggage reclaim to get it back, exactly the same happened in Dublin.

Used to be the case they did this, any ideas why it was stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

scudzilla wrote: »
    Came back from Rhodes on Wednesday and have a query, went with wife and 14month old baby, now we walked onto the plane and put the buggy down at the bottom of the steps, expecting as in years gone by that when we got off the plane it would have been put at bottom of steps for us in Rhodes, it wasn't, had to trek into the baggage reclaim to get it back, exactly the same happened in Dublin.

Used to be the case they did this, any ideas why it was stopped?

No idea why but same happened us coming to and from holidays over the summer. All the parents were waiting around for ages near the plane and even the airport staff didn't know if the buggies were coming. Eventually after a few discussions on the walkie talkies they 'thought' the buggies might be at the luggage belts. Thankfully they were but it's a long walk, esp with three kids, we were so glad not to have much carry on luggage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

another thing we noticed, in baggage reclaim is the lost luggage place, there were DOZENS of buggies there, some high end one's too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Buggies in Faro in an area just off the carousels with us last year (Ryanair)

Aer Lingus bus you to the terminal in Faro so I expect they do the same (no room for buggies on those transfer busses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hey guys..prob the wrong thread but didnt think it warranted a new one. Does anyone know when the united 7:55 to Newark stops?

I have one booked for Nov but it seems to be gone for Dec ?

Advertisement