Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

From where?

More than one airport with a UA service in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Sorry my bad! Shannon

dashoonage wrote: »
    Sorry my bad! Shannon

United have cut the flight from the end of November to March.

Aer Lingus will still fly to JFK until January 4th, and you have Norwegian which flies to Stewart, somewhat near New York. That's year-round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

JCX BXC wrote: »
    United have cut the flight from the end of November to March.

Aer Lingus will still fly to JFK until January 4th, and you have Norwegian which flies to Stewart, somewhat near New York. That's year-round.

Thanking you. AerLingus tis. just nice to get in earlier in the day.

Least i can compare both airlines now.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Thanking you. AerLingus tis. just nice to get in earlier in the day.

Least i can compare both airlines now.

Aer Lingus fly at 12:40, bit late alright, although Norwegian is much later again.

Just the point out, Newark only departs at 7:55 for about a week, as Summer daylight saving hours are different in the US and Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I am looking at catching a flight from Schiphol to Dublin with Aer Lingus, anyone any experience of getting from train to plane in 1h30 min - online check in, hand luggage only?
    Looking at the website, average security times are anywhere from 4-13 minutes.
    Appreciate that doesn't allow for train delays...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I am looking at catching a flight from Schiphol to Dublin with Aer Lingus, anyone any experience of getting from train to plane in 1h30 min - online check in, hand luggage only?
    Looking at the website, average security times are anywhere from 4-13 minutes.
    Appreciate that doesn't allow for train delays...

the train arrives directly into the airport so it is the same as arriving at airport in any other way 90 minutes before flight

Schipol was one of the airports badly affected with delays when the additional checks were introduced over the summer but that issue isn't being reported at the moment so I think it has settled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Riskymove wrote: »
    the train arrives directly into the airport so it is the same as arriving at airport in any other way 90 minutes before flight

Schipol was one of the airports badly affected with delays when the additional checks were introduced over the summer but that issue isn't being reported at the moment so I think it has settled down.

Thanks, I've used the aiport a bit so am familiar with arriving by train and making my way to departures at least. I was thinking 90 mins is loads. It is those additional checks I was thinking about that might upset things. But as you say it would appear from the average wait times posted on their website that this seems to have settled down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Looks like I will have the guts of 5 hours to kill in Miami airport (MIA) while waiting for my late evening flight back to Dublin. Has anyone any tips on where it would be best within the airport to kill time? Happy to pay for access to executive lounge, but have read terrible reviews of the one nearest to the Aer Lingus gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Trying to figure out if Ryanair will fly Belfast International to Faro next year likey the did for spring summer of 2017?

I see dublin faro is already published and other combinations involving either belfast or faro can be booked for April onwards. Can anyone help me figure this out?

It is advertised on the route map.

• Advertisement

I see Faro is not operating at the moment, so that tells me that it doesn't operate the full summer season and is only a seasonal peak service.

These seasonal peak services aren't loaded yet, should be bookable before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I see Faro is not operating at the moment, so that tells me that it doesn't operate the full summer season and is only a seasonal peak service.

These seasonal peak services aren't loaded yet, should be bookable before Christmas.

what months do the seasonal peak services with ryanair cover?

what months do the seasonal peak services with ryanair cover?

Anything that's shorter than the regular April-October season!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Aer Lingus A330s for transatlantic journeys- do the exit seats recline? I'm talking specifically the seats in the 2---4
    2 set up, the 2 seats near the door, in Economy. They are designated as Exit Seats but I cannot get any info on if they recline or not, on the website or Seat Guru. Anyone know this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

AFAIK they recline. It's seats with a wall or exit behind them that don't recline. E.G. The rows before the exit on an A320.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Our flight to BHX in December has been cancelled, just wondering tho, we had booked a car hire through the RYANAIR app when we were booking the flights. Does anyone know if they are doing refunds on ancillaries like car hire, if you have booked then through their site or is it just down the drain? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

ages ago I recall reading a some sort of a regulation or maybe a court ruling that the seller of the service is ultimately responsible for everything. As in, if the bits and pieces of your flight get cancelled and you booked everything though one vendor, you are entitled for the full refund. That's the theory bit. The practice is - read your contract, read the FAQs, it's all in there and last time I checked, the cancellation policy for ryanair car rentals was fairly democratic. If all else fails, go on to Ryanair chat and I'm sure they will sort it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Hi all, I'm heading over to Nice with Ryanair in a few weeks and was supposed to be travelling with my Wife but she can no longer join me. As I've booked and paid for 2 seats is there a way without causing any delays to other passengers to keep both seats for myself as I'm a fairly large ape I could happily do with the extra room! Will I just check us both in online and have her as a no show or will they be looking for 2 people on the same booking or will I tell them at the gate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

xtradel wrote:
    Hi all, I'm heading over to Nice with Ryanair in a few weeks and was supposed to be travelling with my Wife but she can no longer join me. As I've booked and paid for 2 seats is there a way without causing any delays to other passengers to keep both seats for myself as I'm a fairly large ape I could happily do with the extra room! Will I just check us both in online and have her as a no show or will they be looking for 2 people on the same booking or will I tell them at the gate?

It depends on whether you're checking bags or not. If you're checking in a bag they will remove it if she's a no show. Also you'll have to pay for the seats to make sure you get 2 together.

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    It depends on whether you're checking bags or not. If you're checking in a bag they will remove it if she's a no show. Also you'll have to pay for the seats to make sure you get 2 together.

No checked bags and seats are already paid for (window & middle).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Half Man Half Biscuit

We were due to fly to Heraklion at 3.15pm today. Still here in Dublin. We were kept on the plane for 4 hours. Let off with an€8 voucher and told it will now depart at 10.30pm. We have received no explanation for this delay. I feel that it will be cancelled eventually so I'm asking if anyone knows why this has happened. All other flights from T1 have departed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I find it hard to believe you'd have sat on the plane for 4 hours without ANY announcement from the captain or crew explaining the delays. It must be a tech issue I'd imagine

And neither will I :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

it better be a broken PA, otherwise no excuse for not speaking to the customers..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

OP, what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Half Man Half Biscuit

After an hour the captain said that we had lost our slot . Then 3 hours later he told us that we would have to leave the plane. We eventually left Dublin at 10pm, flight was originally due to leave at 3.15pm. It was a Thomson flight and the only one that did not leave T1. I asked the rep this evening if she knew the reason for the delay and she said she had no info. I am just curious as to why there was such a delay.

• Advertisement

Folks, travelling with Ryanair - can two people have their boarding passes on one mobile device?

(ie; two of us heading off together, not sitting together on plane, one of us has both passes on a single phone). For some reason i can see problems appearing with this?

Advertisement