Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Thanks Fred

Should be fine in morning going our - arrive Dublin @ 08.50 & depart @ 10.50

Guess will have problem returning - arrive Dublin @ 16.40 & depart @ 19.00

Thanks Again
    Tanka

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

tanka006 wrote: »
    Thanks Fred

Should be fine in morning going our - arrive Dublin @ 08.50 & depart @ 10.50

Guess will have problem returning - arrive Dublin @ 16.40 & depart @ 19.00

Thanks Again
    Tanka
    you have 2h 20 min on the way back which is surely plenty of time even if you need to do passport check and security .

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

I'm flying economy with United airlines to Newark next month from DUB.

Just wondering if anyone's flown recently in economy? How is the flight experience? In flight entertainment good? How is the food? How is it versus the aer lingus service to JFK?

I've done a bit of googling but seen no trip reviews !!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Offside wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone's flown recently in economy? How is the flight experience? In flight entertainment good? How is the food? How is it versus the aer lingus service to JFK?

Offside wrote:

Offside wrote:

Flew with them in Sept to Newark. I'm by no means a fussy eater, but the food wasn't great tbh. Maybe load up beforehand. Liberty airport is quite modern too with iPads at almost every seated area, hundreds of them. Apparently it's too expensive to travel to NYC by taxi, so Airtrain and New Jersey transit gets you into Penn Stn for approx $14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Offside wrote: »

Thanks

I flew domestic with them from MIA to ORD a few weeks back. I found them perfectly fine. Clean aircraft, excellent wifi, decent food selection (Domestic is BOB) and nice friendly crew. Personally I prefer AA, but would have no issues flying UA again if the need arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

Flying Dub to Newark EI-101 planned Dec 27 so not sure if will be on 757 or a332 or a333.
    But would I need a double pin headphone jack for any of the possible planes that usually fly that route.
    I'm bringing my own headphones, is the reason for the question.
    cheers.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Looking at the departure boards for Dub this morning and trying to fathom how airlines expect flights to depart on schedule

7.00 BA to Ldn, AL to Milan - Newcastle- Malaga - Frankfurt
    7 .05 RY to Liverpool
    7.10 AL to Munich - Faro - Basel
    7.15 AL to Leeds

One runway and flights were also due to arrive 7.05 and 7.10

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

rameire wrote: »
    Flying Dub to Newark EI-101 planned Dec 27 so not sure if will be on 757 or a332 or a333.
    But would I need a double pin headphone jack for any of the possible planes that usually fly that route.
    I'm bringing my own headphones, is the reason for the question.
    cheers.
    Website tells you the aircraft type when booking (ie, B757 or A330)

It’s been stated here that the B757 system has a single headphone jack on the screen assembly. A330 can be either this setup or 2 pin socket in armrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

joeysoap wrote: »
    Looking at the departure boards for Dub this morning and trying to fathom how airlines expect flights to depart on schedule

7 .05 RY to Liverpool
    7.15 AL to Leeds

They’re just the block pusback times for an on-time departure, there’s another 15 to 20 minutes included on your scheduled block time for taxi times at departure airport and arrival airoprt. First example you give, BA to London LCY at 7am, 1hr 30 minute scheduled block time, pushback on time at 7am, 15 to 20 minutes taxi at DUB, 50 minutes to 1hr flight time and 10 to 15 minutes taxi at LCY, you then arrive on time at destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

joeysoap wrote: »

7 .05 RY to Liverpool
    7.15 AL to Leeds

Again, as explained here numerous times, airline timetables are based on the block times, i.e. push back time off stand and arrival time on stand at the destination.

They do not represent take off or landing times.

Within those block times will be time for taxiing along with the actual flying time.

However to complicate matters, sites like Flightradar24 compare the scheduled “block times” with the actual take off and landing times, which is comparing apples and oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Anyone know if you don’t t pay for seating can you select seating at check in or is it a Ryanair lottery system?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

From Norwegian's Webpage:

http://norwegian.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/561/~/what-seat-will-i-be-assigned-if-i-check-in-online%3F
    If you have not purchased a seat reservation, you will be automatically assigned a seat when you check in online. You may have the ability to change your seat once you arrive at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Cheers. Normally wouldn’t mind paying but €35 each way is very steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Dont waste the money. I just used my flirting skills which worked lol. Going for the 3rd time with Norwegian next week across to NewYork. Great service. Cheep Cheep Cheep.
    Perfect for future transatlantic travel. Hop on travel hop off . The days of a free scone and a scowl from old leprachaun are gone. these cabin crew are Fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hi all

Quick question regarding an Aer Lingus A320 flight from Cork to London Heathrow.

I am wondering, do they board from both the front and the back of the plane? Or just the front?

Thanks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

If you've got priority boarding then you go on first, then it's a free for all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Hi all

Quick question regarding an Aer Lingus A320 flight from Cork to London Heathrow.

I am wondering, do they board from both the front and the back of the plane? Or just the front?

Thanks!

It depends, I think they now use a air bridge at Cork and not sure if Cork can allow a air bridge and stairs at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Boarding is almost always by front door

Its
    1. Passengers needing assistance/families
    2. Frequent flyer status + priority board
    3. Everyone else, there is no zone or seat number boarding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi all,

Do Aer Lingus accept a passport card as valid id on flights to Europe?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Is there anyway to check I've done an API form,as it was a few months ago I booked an air Canada flight. I went to their site to try it again (API) and my name came up but wouldn't let me fill in some details. It would be great to have an email auto reply for API. Can it be done at check-in at Dublin airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do Aer Lingus accept a passport card as valid id on flights to Europe?

Thanks.

Yes they do on flights to all countries within the EU, EEA, and Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

horse7 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to check I've done an API form,as it was a few months ago I booked an air Canada flight. I went to their site to try it again (API) and my name came up but wouldn't let me fill in some details. It would be great to have an email auto reply for API. Can it be done at check-in at Dublin airport?

If you can check in on line then they are happy that your API is in order.

Any idea if air Canada supply a free meal on their Dublin to Pearson airport route

They sure do. They are a full service airline.

Thanks,will they provide a blanket/earphones or are they purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Yes EI accept passport card on all EU flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm flying DXB to CHC on EK412 later this month. We have a stop in SYD along the way for 1hr 45min before continuing on. The flight number remains the same for the entire journey. Will we have to depart the plane or do we have to stay onboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm flying DXB to CHC on EK412 later this month. We have a stop in SYD along the way for 1hr 45min before continuing on. The flight number remains the same for the entire journey. Will we have to depart the plane or do we have to stay onboard?

^^^^
    Anyone know the answer to my query?

• Advertisement

Advertisement