Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, I think I got a text about it last year a day or two before the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wrex

Hi All

I will shortly be flying to Tampa from Dublin, via Atlanta with Delta.

Out of interest, has anyone got experience of transiting through Atlanta? As all immigration/customs done in Dublin, is the process quick/smooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Wrex wrote: »
    Hi All

Out of interest, has anyone got experience of transiting through Atlanta? As all immigration/customs done in Dublin, is the process quick/smooth?

It should be. You usually land at a domestic terminal rather than the international one. Makes things easier. You may need to change terminal though. Its a big airport but its well laid out

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Folks, anyone able to tell me which might be the better lounge to book in T2 these days please ? Heading away end of the week with other half and parents and would like to start the holiday off with a bit of comfort as it will be at a busy time..... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wrex wrote: »
    Hi All

Was there in April.
    Very easy to navigate. 5/6 terminals in a row connected by a train, will only take a few mins to get from one to the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hi folks,

Traveling out this evening with parents and girlfriend from T2, just as a treat thought about booking us lounge access. Neither EI or the DAA are showing much comprehensive info as in its hard to decipher which lounge is more comfy or has the better food/snack options...only really be after a couple of sambos, snacks and drinks etc. anybody any ideas where best offerings / value is to be found ? Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Strumms wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Traveling out this evening with parents and girlfriend from T2, just as a treat thought about booking us lounge access. Neither EI or the DAA are showing much comprehensive info as in its hard to decipher which lounge is more comfy or has the better food/snack options...only really be after a couple of sambos, snacks and drinks etc. anybody any ideas where best offerings / value is to be found ? Thanks !

I only know about the EI lounge, you won’t get sambos, there will be a soup (usually minestrone), brown bread, a few pastries, few biscuits! There will be a good selection of drinks, tea, coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Of the two, the EI lounge seemed nicer than the DAA. However, I'm not sure I'd pay for either - fast track security and a nice beer & burger would be a better spend I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Yeah, I wouldn't spend money on either DAA or EI lounges in Dublin. The Etihad one is nice but you won't get into that without an Etihad flight. You're better off getting a nice meal.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The DAA lounge is a glorified room with some chairs. The usual offerings but don't expect to get anything in the form of a decent snack.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Dont bother, it’ll cost you €100, for that you can get a much more special treat / experience in one of the food joints / champagne bar etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lounges in dublin ranking:

Etihad
    51st and green
    Aer lingus T2
    DAA T1
    DAA T2

Etihad went downhill a year or two ago, it's still better than all there. DAA T2 reminds me of the United lounge in Dulles. Grim is too nice a word to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

Is there a place to buy spirits in Stansted arrivals?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

McSween wrote: »
    Is there a place to buy spirits in Stansted arrivals?

Yes, you can even order it on line and it'll waiting on your arrival. At least that what I found out after a extremely quick Google search. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Yes, you can even order it on line and it'll waiting on your arrival. At least that what I found out after a extremely quick Google search. :D

I dont see where you can order spirits only other items such as make up and perfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I'm flying to Heathrow with Aerlingus and on to the States with BA, all booked through BA and I'm just wondering if I can use the Aer Lingus self service check-in and bag drop?
    I used to do this route regularly with BA and I could never use self service with Aer Lingus as it wasn't booked on their system and I'm just wondering if this has changed.
    Reason I'm asking is to figure out how much time I'll need to arrive in Advance. Flying on a Saturday morning at 9:40.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    I'm flying to Heathrow with Aerlingus and on to the States with BA, all booked through BA and I'm just wondering if I can use the Aer Lingus self service check-in and bag drop?
    I used to do this route regularly with BA and I could never use self service with Aer Lingus as it wasn't booked on their system and I'm just wondering if this has changed.
    Reason I'm asking is to figure out how much time I'll need to arrive in Advance. Flying on a Saturday morning at 9:40.
    Thanks

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Danielvarian1

Hi guys,

I booked a flight for myself and my fiancée, for example her first name is Mary Ann and the surname is Murphy on the passport. When booking the flights I put her in as just Mary Murphy, will I have any problems at security with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not at security, no.

Occasionally extremely officious immigration setups in extremely officious countries can be narky about it but realistically once the first (up to any space) and last are correct it's not an issue.

L1011 wrote: »
    Not at security, no.

Occasionally extremely officious immigration setups in extremely officious countries can be narky about it but realistically once the first (up to any space) and last are correct it's not an issue.

So for example my name is Daniel but the second one is John and it says Daniel John on the passport but in my booking just Daniel and my surname this is okay?

• Advertisement

So for example my name is Daniel but the second one is John and it says Daniel John on the passport but in my booking just Daniel and my surname this is okay?

Yeah, that'd be fine but John on its own wouldn't be.

L1011 wrote: »
    Yeah, that'd be fine but John on its own wouldn't be.

So DANIEL JOHN is the forename on the passport.

And the surname is Murphy for example.

When booking the flight I added Daniel Murphy without the John part and this is okay?

So DANIEL JOHN is the forename on the passport.

And the surname is Murphy for example.

When booking the flight I added Daniel Murphy without the John part and this is okay?

Yes.

Hey guys,

This is my first time traveling alone (well with my fiancée) but without my parents who would have usually organized things.

Is there a spreadsheet for things allowed in hand carry and not allowed for both Ryanair and aerlingus or would it be very similar anyway.

Those rules are identical between the two airlines and realistically every airline as they are extensively based on legislation not the whim of the airline.

You are really panicking too much about this trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Now here you go, this is a restricted list for Aer Lingus
    https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/baggage-information/restricted-items/
    If you'd simply googled it you have no concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

When will the EI S19 schedule be on sale? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shn99 wrote: »
    When will the EI S19 schedule be on sale? Thanks

The schedule tends to be bookable around 3** (300 and something) days ahead, but only for certain routes. Other routes won't be loaded into the system, and timetables won't be near confirmed, until around October.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

Travelling with AerLingus with a 10-month old in few months time.

Are we allowed to board before others, or would we need to pay for priority in order to get onboard before everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

jc77 wrote: »
    Travelling with AerLingus with a 10-month old in few months time.

Are we allowed to board before others, or would we need to pay for priority in order to get onboard before everyone else?

Not sure on Aer Lingus but to be honest when I’ve travelled with my own kids I’ve never seen the benefit to boarding first. It means you’re then sitting for even longer while all the other passengers board. Depending on how active the baby is sometimes it’s better to wait to board a bit later and cut 5/10 mins off the sitting still time!

Advertisement