Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Have a look at seatguru.com, enter the flight number and it will show you the aircraft type and IFE configuration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurfjed wrote: »
    Have a look at seatguru.com, enter the flight number and it will show you the aircraft type and IFE configuration.

Subject to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi,

Anyone know which aircraft is operating the EI-0145 to LAX today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know which aircraft is operating the EI-0145 to LAX today?

EI-DUO
    Airbus A330-202

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Inquitus wrote: »
    EI-DUO
    Airbus A330-202
    That was it, nice flight. Felt much shorter than the 10.5 hours it took.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Is there any way of knowing ahead of arriving at airport, which terminal your flight is actually departing from? the last two aer Lingus flights have actually left from Terminal 1. I could do without the extra trek from 2 to 1 airside.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Garlinge wrote: »
    Is there any way of knowing ahead of arriving at airport, which terminal your flight is actually departing from? the last two aer Lingus flights have actually left from Terminal 1. I could do without the extra trek from 2 to 1 airside.

You could check the Dublin Airport app, this often has the gate info before the terminal screens. But not necessarily a long way in advance but most likely an hour before or maybe more. If it’s an early morning flight sometimes the gate will show on then app the night before obviously subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Gates are shown three hours in advance in the Dublin Airport app.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What the heck is so bad about the middle seat? Someone has to sit there. I've no problem with the middle on short haul, but if on my own I guess the middle on a long haul would be a pain.

I loved the AL two, four two configuration, I am sure they still have these aircraft running, but not sure of the names.

Will use seatguru for next year's Washington/San Antonio trip. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Thks for info about D Airport app, I dont have it on phone. Now struggle to get a boarding pass barcode on Aer Lingus App... had to print page instead. I suppose hotel will oblige when returning, dont want to be bother with techie stuff at some machine in airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thinking of flying Cork - Prague next year via Zurich.

Anyone any experience of what the immigration/security is like for these? IIRC there was nothing at all when I flew from Dublin, but want to make sure.

Its advertised with a 45min connection which I'm sure should be achievable (Hand luggage only) but just want to check.

Of course its a 14 hour overnight layover on the way back which is a nuisance but anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

You won't need to re-clear security in Zurich if that is your question. Passport control is generally quite quick but 45 min won't leave a lot of wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭davepatr07

Hi there,

Wasn't too sure to ask this in Travel or here, but would anyone know which gates Lufthansa's first Frankfurt flight of the day at 5:15am (LH 983) flies out of in Dublin?

Is it the A or B gates?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Dublin doesn't have A or B gates

Gate 304/5/6 normally, just behind security in T1

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭davepatr07

Thanks, still thinking of the airport in the past. So Pier B then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 forestlover

Any suggestions for what seats to choose for a super nervous flyer on the DUB - MIA route? Looking forward to the trip, travelling via Miami to Costa Rica with aerlingus and AA but am deathly afraid of flying, long haul will be the test of endurance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Any suggestions for what seats to choose for a super nervous flyer on the DUB - MIA route? Looking forward to the trip, travelling via Miami to Costa Rica with aerlingus and AA but am deathly afraid of flying, long haul will be the test of endurance :)

Answered in another thread... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 forestlover

Thanks Captain Crash! Actually deleted it from the other thread as thought it was more appropriate here, but seems like it was still seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Thanks Captain Crash! Actually deleted it from the other thread as thought it was more appropriate here, but seems like it was still seen :)

Have a safe trip and enjoy the flight... you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys.

Flying to Las Vegas next month via Heathrow. I have 1hr 15mins to get my connecting flight to Las Vegas from Dublin in Heathrow. I'm flying into terminal 2 and out of terminal 3. Is this enough time to get to terminal 3 from 2?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Flying to Las Vegas next month via Heathrow. I have 1hr 15mins to get my connecting flight to Las Vegas from Dublin in Heathrow. I'm flying into terminal 2 and out of terminal 3. Is this enough time to get to terminal 3 from 2?

Thanks.

It'd be really pushing it, and you'd have to be very lucky with Heathrow.

Presuming if you're talking about LHR T3 then you're getting VS 155. Which means you're probably talking about EI164 from DUB, given the timings you mentioned.

EI164 has an average arrival delay of 10-20 minutes according to FlightAware.

Then you've got at least 10 minutes for the transfer bus journey, but you'd have to be lucky that it was waiting promptly for your flight's arrival. This is often not the case, and iirc, they wait for the rest of the flight to deplane before letting connections passengers depart through the rear exit of the plane.

Then once you arrive at T3, you have to go through security again, and Heathrow is never pleasant.

I'd go as far as to say that on an average day, you won't make that connection. Arrange an earlier flight from DUB, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

MJohnston wrote: »

Presuming if you're talking about LHR T3 then you're getting VS 155. Which means you're probably talking about EI164 from DUB, given the timings you mentioned.

Then you've got at least 10 minutes for the transfer bus journey, but you'd have to be lucky that it was waiting promptly for your flight's arrival. This is often not the case, and iirc, they wait for the rest of the flight to deplane before letting connections passengers depart through the rear exit of the plane.

Then once you arrive at T3, you have to go through security again, and Heathrow is never pleasant.

I'd go as far as to say that on an average day, you won't make that connection. Arrange an earlier flight from DUB, imo.

Would agree with this assessment. And with LHR it's easy to get an earlier flight, they basically go every hour (at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

MJohnston wrote: »

Thank you, and yikes! Yes we're getting EI164 into terminal 2 (12pm 1:30pm) and then VS155 from terminal 3 (2:45PM) to Las Vegas. I had looked online and it said it was only a 15 minute walk between terminals but I must've searched the wrong thing. I'm not sure I can change to an earlier flight as I booked it as part of a package. I'll get in contact with the booking company and hopefully they can help :(

It is indeed only about a 15 minute walk - but the walk is landside, not airside, so you 'exit' the airport at T2 (with all the time that would take), then you've got the 15 minute walk through the underground walkways, then you arrive in T3 and have to go through security, find your gate etc.

The flight connections bus is a bit quicker, but not by much.

If it's all one pnr booking,while its tight you are protected and will get a free move to the later flight if there is one if you are too late
    Don't spend any money changing
    The bus will easily get you there in time in my opinion if you disembark EI with an hour to spare and have your boarding passes

No loitering in T3 though, go straight to your gate

Mortelaro wrote: »
    If it's all one pnr booking,while its tight you are protected and will get a free move to the later flight if there is one if you are too late
    Don't spend any money changing
    The bus will easily get you there in time in my opinion if you disembark EI with an hour to spare and have your boarding passes

No loitering in T3 though, go straight to your gate

Disagree very strongly with "the bus will easily get you there in time".

Worth noting that Heathrow themselves recommend a 75 minute connection time, minimum, for T2 to T3. That means you're utterly at the mercy of every little thing going right. Relying on not having any arrival delay to LHR is taking a massive risk imo.

It's grand saying you'll get a free change to a later flight if you miss one, but there's only 1 LAS flight from LHR per day by Virgin, so you'd be losing an entire day from your trip.

Find out what the change fee is for the earlier DUB-LHR flight, and make a choice based on the cost of that. I can't imagine it would be too expensive, considering how many of those flights there are per day.

If you have an hour the bus will be less than 15 mins
    Then you re clear security
    If you show your boarding pass to the supervisors you will skip the security queue and be led to the front
    It is tight,no doubt about that

Theres only 1 flight a day,so you'd have to be asking for to be put on a flight to lax connecting to Vegas if you miss it and don't want to wait to the next day

Theres absolutely no need to be paying change fees

EI 164 was 20 mins early today,it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Mortelaro wrote: »
    EI 164 was 20 mins early today,it seems

No it wasn’t.

Once again I need to point out that there are two completely different timing events being compared here.

The scheduled time is the time the aircraft is scheduled to arrive on stand, while the actual time quoted is the time it landed on the runway, which takes no account of the time taken to taxi to the arrival stand. At Heathrow, depending on the wind and the runway used, that can be quite long.

It’s like comparing apples with oranges - and the sites ought to make this clear.

• Advertisement

LXFlyer wrote: »
    No it wasn’t.

Once again I need to point out that there are two completely different timing events being compared here.

The scheduled time is the time the aircraft is scheduled to arrive on stand, while the actual time quoted is the time it landed on the runway, which takes no account of the time taken to taxi to the arrival stand. At Heathrow, depending on the wind and the runway used, that can be quite long.

It’s like comparing apples with oranges - and the sites ought to make this clear.

Which presumably means that FlightAwares calculated average delay of 10-20 minutes is actually maybe more like 30-40 minutes?

Advertisement