Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

L1011 wrote: »
    Thongs in Australia mean sandals...

Didn't know that but I can tell you theres absolutely no problem wearing sandals in a Qantas lounge or shorts or t shirts or anything like that
    I guess I have to report I even wore a thong myself in the Qantas lounge in Hong Kong in October
    Never thought I'd be saying that!

I guess the point is,less frequent fliers want to know what's on and what's not especially if they are travelling J or F for the first time
    There may be dress code policies and other obscure admittance policies gathering dust on websites or somewhere but in practice, what you would normally wear in public excluding obviously swimwear is not going to get you booted out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Didn't know that but I can tell you theres absolutely no problem wearing sandals in a Qantas lounge or shorts or t shirts or anything like that
    I guess I have to report I even wore a thong myself in the Qantas lounge in Hong Kong in October
    Never thought I'd be saying that!

I guess the point is,less frequent fliers want to know what's on and what's not especially if they are travelling J or F for the first time
    There may be dress code policies and other obscure admittance policies gathering dust on websites or somewhere but in practice, what you would normally wear in public excluding obviously swimwear is not going to get you booted out
    Yes and that’s probably accurate but airlines do have dress codes, obviously they don’t enforce them for reasonably dressed folks, but in the case some loon rocks up in something ridiculously inappropriate for a flight, having such a policy in place gives airlines a leg to stand on.
    Also having the policy on their website discourages people dressing like scumbags getting on flights, I personally support that anyway. And no you don’t have to dress like a knacker to be comfortable, there’s perfectly comfortable casual clothing options that look decent and respectable.

Thongs in Australia are specifically flip flops that have the divider inbetween your big toe and small toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sandals (well flip flops) are annoying due to the sound they make.

I’ll always dress in a T-shirt jeans hoody and then when on the plane change into shorts or tracksuit depending (fly business most flights) and most do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I always rock up in jogging trousers when I'm flying long-haul, to do anything else is to torture yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Do we really need to be allowing these incidents land in Ireland, taking up so much resources?

I wonder is yer man on a trolley at UHL now being watched around the clock by Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

easypazz wrote: »
    Do we really need to be allowing these incidents land in Ireland, taking up so much resources?

I wonder is yer man on a trolley at UHL now being watched around the clock by Gardai?

What would you suggest they do though?

From a personal point of view I'd want the person removed as soon as possible. Sharing buses and trains with loopers is bad enough, at least you can get off at the next stop. Imagine being stuck for 8 hrs with someone having a meltdown.

Then from the persons point of view is it not much better that they get the medical help they need as soon as possible?

I'm sure their travel insurance will reimburse the hse quite nicely!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

If you want we can Irexit from an internationally agreed treaty on civil aviation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

Did he know what he was letting himself in for... poor creatur ending up in UHL....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's because of our geographic position, for a lot of flights we're the first or last piece of land between them and a big empty ocean.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When did Ryanair priority get so expensive? Booking flights for 20 euro.. thinking I was getting a great deal, turns out priority and cabin bags our more than the flight

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

When did Ryanair priority get so expensive? Booking flights for 20 euro.. thinking I was getting a great deal, turns out priority and cabin bags our more than the flight

Depends on when you book it as far as I know. Last time I booked priority on Ryanair it was €6, and that was at the time of booking.

Even so, flights for 30/40euro return is pretty decent value, regardless of how the fare is made up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ryanair prices have been going up and up over the last 6 months

Don't select the regular fare when booking, select the value fare and you can add the seat and 10kg bag later for a cheaper price

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Don't select the regular fare when booking, select the value fare and you can add the seat and 10kg bag later for a cheaper price

I checked this before booking, happened one way was cheaper on value fare and one way worked out cheaper on regular fare, but maybe I should have waited and added after the booking so!

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

If you book business class to the states with an onward connection do you get business class on the second flight also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

If you book business class to the states with an onward connection do you get business class on the second flight also?

Are you booking on EI website? If so I don’t think you do on United and definitely not on Jet Blue

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Are you booking on EI website? If so I don’t think you do on United and definitely not on Jet Blue

but they have the mint seats? why not . It says aer lingus a330 business and jet blue a321 business beside fare details.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

B6 don't have true business on a lot of their aircraft (just "Even More Space" seats). Mint is an amazing product but I think they only have it on transcon/carribean ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

but they have the mint seats? why not . It says aer lingus a330 business and jet blue a321 business beside fare details.

Where is your destination?

If its a B6 A321 then it'll have Mint - you're in for a treat.

cson wrote: »
    B6 don't have true business on a lot of their aircraft (just "Even More Space" seats). Mint is an amazing product but I think they only have it on transcon/carribean ops.

its on jfk-seattle which is route I'm booking.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Where is your destination?

If its a B6 A321 then it'll have Mint - you're in for a treat.

If it has mint ,do i get mint is my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

If it has mint ,do i get mint is my question?

I think you do, my answer earlier was based on most of their fleet not having it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

If your onward flight is also booked in Business class then it is.

Yes if booking on AA or the other U.S carriers
    Aerlingus should tell you at the time of booking before you pay if it's a jet blue connection
    If you've booked and it's a flight with mint,check your seat number
    You may need to call jet blue
    Have your EI booking ref dates and flight number

https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us/phone-numbers/

Edit I did a dummy booking to Las there and its mint jfk to las
    EI showed business class on that leg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Can any airline business class ticket be used for fast track in Dublin, or is it only certain airlines? Flying with United

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Can any airline business class ticket be used for fast track in Dublin, or is it only certain airlines? Flying with United

Any

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Anybody know if Ryanair stopped flying Dublin Munich (not memmimgen) for the summer?

Cant see dates available online for the summer at all for this route.

daheff wrote: »
    Anybody know if Ryanair stopped flying Dublin Munich (not memmimgen) for the summer?

Cant see dates available online for the summer at all for this route.

Yeah think they pulled it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Locker10a wrote: »
    Yeah think they pulled it

dammit.

strange one. the flight was always jammers.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    dammit.

strange one. the flight was always jammers.

You can fill any flight with cheap fares, doesn’t make it viable/profitable. Probably more money to be made using the aircraft elsewhere

Advertisement