Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fingal General Election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Originally posted by Stheno - What do you call depriving the children of a widow of their mother because she may or may not have been an informant?

What do you think it feels like to spend many hours after the likes of the Enniskillen bombing to be a child and see your father frantically trying to reach his brothers and sisters in the area?

There is guilt on both sides. It's over, move on, but forget this nonsense that the IRA were not a terrorist organisation
    I never at any time said any thing about the I.R.A being a terrorist organisation or not,every body has their own opinion,their was no glory in blowing an old man and his family up in Sligo any more than busting in to a pub in the middle of a football match shouting trick or treat , or any gain in the terrible killing of the 3 Maguire children by that I.R.A getaway car,and for what at the end of the day,old colonial baggage of a long defunct evil empire that is long gone and good riddance to it.
    As I said,no good can come of raking over old sores,let sleeping dog's lie, we have Détente and peace,and an Island with a bright future,we just need to leave the past to the history books and move on ,and just keep learning to live in peace, that's all their is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Let's keep the discussion locally-relevant & about the general election please.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I just hope that all the lefty whingers will accept the results and stop annoying and harassing the ninety-something percent of us who aren't interested in running the country by shouting about stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Róisín O'HaraVerified account ‏@IRELANDreporter 11m11 minutes ago
    First Tally - Fingal : 10% boxes open : FG -15%, FF +4% , LAB -14% not looking good for @DrJamesReilly @7LATG4 @TG4TV #GE16

https://twitter.com/IRELANDreporter/status/703519634662756353

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Early Tally from @RTEDublinFingal, show Reilly struggling at 7%, and behind Farrell.

Long way to go.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Sorry Hill Billy ,it was the toasted cheese supper , it's get your crayons out time ,live on line results as they come in here ....GE16 live blog: The count ...http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ge16-live-blog-the-count-722670.html

RTE exit poll: FG 24.8%, Lab 7.1%, FF 21%, SF 16%. IND 11%, AAA-PBP 4.7%, SD 3.7%, GP 3.6%, IA 3%, REN 2.4%, OTH 2.6%

IRISH TIMES exit poll: FG 26.1%, FF 22.9%, Inds 16.1%, SF 14.9%, Lab 7.8%, AAAPBP 3.6%, GP 3.5%, SocDem 2.8%, REN 2.3%

RTE Player ...http://www.rte.ie/news/player/live/8/#live=listings

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0227/771143-general-election-saturday/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Really it's how much can reilly catch up on sinn fein off the fianna fail transfers from o'brien going over the top, and then ryan and farrell following him. From that tally I think he may be ok

• Advertisement

Really it's how much can reilly catch up on sinn fein off the fianna fail transfers from o'brien going over the top, and then ryan and farrell following him. From that tally I think he may be ok

Too far to go. Farrell under the quota so will be hoovering up transfers as well. Might get a boost from Murphy but not enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm actually gobsmacked that a poster I previously would have seen as being somewhat left leaning, but fairly level headed would post as above.

I grew up across the road from Portlaoise prison, and my father was from the North, so my childhood holidays were spent in the North.

I then went on to work with Shane O'Doherty (who did the letter bombings in London in the 70's) very closely for over a year

Have no doubt Leo, the IRA were a terrorist organisation.

Would you consider Nelson Mandela a terrorist?

Let's keep the discussion locally-relevant & about the general election please.

Thanks,

tHB

Sorry for my above comment, reading through the thread and just seen the above.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sorry from me too :)

77% tally

O'Brien 18%
    Daly 16
    Farrell 12
    Ryan 10
    O'Reilly 9
    Reilly 8
    O'Brien (GP), Clifford Lee 5
    Kelleher, Martin, Murphy 4
    Fuller, De Brun 1
    O'Connell 0

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Is https://twitter.com/IRELANDreporter the only person tweeting from the count?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm genuinely shocked with one or two of those figures so far.... :eek::eek::eek:

Anyone know what areas have been counted in Fingal so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Also @conor_pope

Anyone know where I can find a constituency map for Fingal? I can't find one anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Fingal independent

• Advertisement

jwwb wrote: »
    77% tally

O'Brien 18%
    Daly 16
    Farrell 12
    Ryan 10
    O'Reilly 9
    Reilly 8
    O'Brien (GP), Clifford Lee 5
    Kelleher, Martin, Murphy 4
    Fuller, De Brun 1
    O'Connell 0

Looks like it'll be

O'brien
    Daly
    Farrell
    Ryan
    O'Reilly

The eliminated candidates will not transfer to Reilly so he's gone.

Impressive performance by O'Brien to beat Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I thought we rid ourselves of the scourge of ff for good 5 years ago, I hope those voters seek help for their memory loss issues.

BMJD wrote: »
    I thought we rid ourselves of the scourge of ff for good 5 years ago, I hope those voters seek help for their memory loss issues.

Well this is a constituency where FF got >40% of first prefs in 2007 so lots of people have not forgotten.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Well this is a constituency where FF got >40% of first prefs in 2007 so lots of people have not forgotten.

Not enough. Also confused with Farrell. He's done less than anyone in the history of any Government ever. His policy of laying low and staying undetected seems to have worked.

https://twitter.com/IRELANDreporter/status/703578356684554240

Allyall wrote: »
    Not enough. Also confused with Farrell. He's done less than anyone in the history of any Government ever. His policy of laying low and staying undetected seems to have worked.

Farrell seems to be a malahide only candidate. Doesn't do much outside of there. Didn't even put election posters up there so as not to lower the tone of his town.

Farrell seems to be a malahide only candidate. Doesn't do much outside of there. Didn't even put election posters up there so as not to lower the tone of his town.

Ask anyone in Malahide if he has done anything there. You will get a resounding "NO". I have friends and a family out there, and as far as I am aware, he is getting FG vote. Nothing else. - I'm sure FG know that too.
    A few people I have spoken to in Malahide are under the impression that he is doing things in other towns, because he does so little there. I have seen some of his posters there though.
    FG voters are so annoyed with Reilly, it seems that Farrell was in the right place at the right time.

With O'Brien getting in, he will definitely make it is job to show Farrell up, and Farrell will either up his game, or crawl under a rock. I'm betting the latter, as he has no game. He posts the odd cr*p on these forums, but he does nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

jwwb wrote: »

Have they lost boxes or something

Allyall wrote: »

Perhaps if they had attended the Vincent Brown debate it might not have come as a surprise

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Have they lost boxes or something

That's the only tweet I've seen referencing this.

Rather than following a tweeter I've three tabs open following #dubf #dubfl and #fingal

Advertisement